Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    I retook as exams last year along with A2 exams and I'm telling you that's way too much, it's also unsustainable you'd be much better doing four hours of solid revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Those are solid hours of revision! I do not have my phone, iPad, laptop, or iPod in the same room, I leave them with my mum so that I do not procrastinate. At the moment I'm ill (not burnt out, health issues) so I haven't revised properly at all for 2 days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    You could find a really efficient way to revise! I'm currently trying different methods of revising. I've a test today and I've been listening to podcasts all day. My best method was sticking pages on a wall and keeping rewriting facts whilst teaching my cat. Sounds weird but I got 100% in my last test

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have tried various different methods over the years, considering I revised for my sats exams when I was 7 so I've always grown up revising but tried so many different methods! Since starting year 13 and doing badly at AS I have changed my revision methods and it has definitely paid off! I am really efficient and I have a relatively good memory but I am a person who has to work hard to do well, harder than the average person who wants to study medicine. Don't tell me medicine is not for me, as I know that it is and so do the teachers! I am determined to do well and will do anything I can to do well, whether that involves crucifying myself with revision!

ReputationRep:
    I do about 6 hours a day at the moment, 3-4 on school days, but looking at all these posts I'm tempted to push it up to about 8. I have 6 exams, one being a AS resit.

How many hours are people who have 6 exams doing? Also, how many days are people taking off (if any) in easter? I've been studying sunday-thursday and am having a break today. Then I'll study half days Saturday and Sunday because I work/have things to do. Then full days again Monday - Wednesday and then I am going to Iceland for 4 days... Do you think this will hugely disadvantage me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tssf_skye)
    I do about 6 hours a day at the moment, 3-4 on school days, but looking at all these posts I'm tempted to push it up to about 8. I have 6 exams, one being a AS resit.

How many hours are people who have 6 exams doing? Also, how many days are people taking off (if any) in easter? I've been studying sunday-thursday and am having a break today. Then I'll study half days Saturday and Sunday because I work/have things to do. Then full days again Monday - Wednesday and then I am going to Iceland for 4 days... Do you think this will hugely disadvantage me?
    Tbh I don't deserve a break. I feel as if I've not been revising enough. How do you stay focused?
    And I think as long as you make up for those 4 days in iceland you'll be fine... hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jorose10)
    I have tried various different methods over the years, considering I revised for my sats exams when I was 7 so I've always grown up revising but tried so many different methods! Since starting year 13 and doing badly at AS I have changed my revision methods and it has definitely paid off! I am really efficient and I have a relatively good memory but I am a person who has to work hard to do well, harder than the average person who wants to study medicine. Don't tell me medicine is not for me, as I know that it is and so do the teachers! I am determined to do well and will do anything I can to do well, whether that involves crucifying myself with revision!
    What are your current revision methods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Does anyone else record revision and play it back a lot of times before fully memorizing it?
    Yep, me xD

But I actually write down what I would record to shorten the recording and to only point out the important stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyUchiha)
    Tbh I don't deserve a break. I feel as if I've not been revising enough. How do you stay focused?
    And I think as long as you make up for those 4 days in iceland you'll be fine... hopefully
    Yeah should be fine.. I've been revising all year as I go along sooo
    and I just think about not getting into uni and how awful and **** I would feel. That motivates me! But I think you do need a break every once and a while to consolidate your learning, have some te to clear your mind and go back ready to work rather than half hearted and lethargic because you've been doing too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tssf_skye)
    Yeah should be fine.. I've been revising all year as I go along sooo
    and I just think about not getting into uni and how awful and **** I would feel. That motivates me! But I think you do need a break every once and a while to consolidate your learning, have some te to clear your mind and go back ready to work rather than half hearted and lethargic because you've been doing too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I guess it's just down to motivation. I shall keep myself motivated

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking a break over the weekend... then back to work again on Monday

ReputationRep:
    I would say I revise around 8 hours a day: this is mostly set by my ten-week topic-specific targets for each subject:

I have eleven exams thus I have no choice but to be organised and thoroughly committed.

Past papers are the main source of revision, with cross-references to the specification and notes.

That's all!

Spanish is the longest; essays are the major thing I think I need to work on.
    I would say I speak it every day, but I try to write an essay every two days.

How is everyone sticking to their timetables or targets?
    (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone want to do an all night rev. with me tonight? At least I'll feel more motivated...
    What subjects do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    Ohhh I'm a little jealous- I really wanted to take English lit but my school only offered lit and land which I wasn't so keen on. I'm taking AS Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics and Business, so I have 11 exams between the 6th of May and 10th of June! It's strange how yours are so much later than mine. Really starting to freak out as I'm going away for two weeks and won't have much time at all to revise then.
    Which exam board for Economics and Business, Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    Bio, Chem, History and Maths
    OMG,

From what my friends say and the way the carry on, History and the Sciences just stress an individual to the max!

Aha!
    (Chemistry/History are statistically the hardest A levels based on work load... So, you kill it!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah History is so much content! I like memorizing History though and writing essays for it... but it takes ages!

Change of plan, I'm going to start at 12am
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXJ1FZKwI7c
    ^Watch this, from 0.20, and watch it all, seriously it's very motivational,

Jatz
    Just as I thought I couldn't be motivated anymore, this comes along and blows my mind...
    I guess we're definitely limitless.
    Bring on the grades, GY, Medicine offers and all beyond that! :and
    Good luck to all of you that care about your futures; you'll go far...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    none exams are in like a month and a bit what are you all worrying about :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildleaves)
    none exams are in like a month and a bit what are you all worrying about :P
    I've conducted some analysis and it looks like - in respect to A Level Sciences and Maths - June 2014 can be a year full of tricks... Anyway, the point lies with that fact that you can never be sure that you know absolutely everything alongside all content for all of your examinations this series!
    You may be different though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaay)
    You're lucky you didn't take English lit, it is so hard at a2, so much quotes to memorise! It's because a2 exams starts later, but we stay in school for longer. Maybe revise on the journey there? Or get up early for revision time? Either way don't panic and enjoy your holiday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with all those quotes! I probably would have dropped it after AS though. Knowing my dad, we'll probably not be doing anything until quite late in the morning, so I'm going to try and get a couple hours in in the mornings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RSmith1007)
    Which exam board for Economics and Business, Edexcel?
    Yep, I think they're the only one that offer it, aren't they? Which is a bit of a shame as it means there aren't many resources out there for it. Not even a textbook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    Yep, I think they're the only one that offer it, aren't they? Which is a bit of a shame as it means there aren't many resources out there for it. Not even a textbook.
    Yeah it's not good , how are you revising for unit 4b btw because I'm unsure as to how to practice my exam technique when it is a case study unit for this particular year and it changes every year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RSmith1007)
    Yeah it's not good , how are you revising for unit 4b btw because I'm unsure as to how to practice my exam technique when it is a case study unit for this particular year and it changes every year.
    I'm doing AS so am doing units 1 and 2b this year - sorry, I wish I could be of more help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.