Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    How come you were doing the A level units before you'd covered GCSE, may I ask, or were you doing it simultaneously?

I found it rather easy. I agree that the written answers were where I'm most likely to lose marks. Not because I didn't know the answer, but because from past papers I'd never got the wording right :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish there was less written answers and more working out type of thing. If you know what I mean like more calculations rather than writing. btw in some of the diagrams did you guys do it in pen or pencil because if the examiner cant see it properly (in pencil) can you lose marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    How come you were doing the A level units before you'd covered GCSE, may I ask, or were you doing it simultaneously?

I found it rather easy. I agree that the written answers were where I'm most likely to lose marks. Not because I didn't know the answer, but because from past papers I'd never got the wording right :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I hate wordy ones :unimpressed:

Did my A2 in Maths before, and was covering some f.maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    What do you need for an A* in maths, history and economics at a level?
    Hard work, one would assume.

ReputationRep:
    I did stats as well for edexcel. I worked out the standard deviation question and got 9.8, but it must have been a really easy question to guess because all the people I spoke to said they judged it from the size of the second curve, and got 10. Ah well

Seemed laughably easy though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjpneed)
    I did stats as well for edexcel. I worked out the standard deviation question and got 9.8, but it must have been a really easy question to guess because all the people I spoke to said they judged it from the size of the second curve, and got 10. Ah well

I put ten down :L 9.8 is a bit too "accurate" for my liking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It was just the min or max value minus the mean, then divided by 3 = 9.8

Ten will probably be accepted, but I'm not sure how 9.8 is too accurate?

ReputationRep:

I had that three standard deviations out covers 99.8% of data. So I got 30/3 = 10

ReputationRep:

You both must be feeling confident about a getting a good grade.. I can't remember a single question on the paper, apart from the final limits one!
    And unless the question asks for a certain number of s.f, 9.8 isn't too accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    You both must be feeling confident about a getting a good grade.. I can't remember a single question on the paper, apart from the final limits one!
    And unless the question asks for a certain number of s.f, 9.8 isn't too accurate.
    Not too accurate, as in for the answer to be, it wasn't scaled so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Don't worry, there wasn't a person I know who took it who found it even vaguely alright, including myself. Out of all my results that will be the one terrible grade I hope no one asks me about.

What did you get in your coursework project?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So glad to hear I'm not the only one! I think I got 84 or 86 out of 90, which I was really happy with because it was the highest in my class, but the exam went so badly I'm not even sure if I'll pass with the coursework combined, I completely left out the sketches.
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Not too accurate, as in for the answer to be, it wasn't scaled so
    I don't follow... You mean there wasn't a set number of figures to be given?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    I don't follow... You mean there wasn't a set number of figures to be given?
    No, it was a sketch with some values on the bottom

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JustaDreamer;43660192]I think you're talking about a part time job, I don't know my timetable yet so I didn't want to risk getting one which would interfere with an actual lesson!

Oh yeah! sorry. I was thinking about part time jobs in the holidays like winter holidays which are coming up in december time.. Do you know anything about that then?

ReputationRep:
    Well I used the same method as you but I can't remember how the hell I got 9.8... I remember being satisfied with it in the exam after checking multiple times, so no idea

ReputationRep:
    My school have said anybody who didn't bring back a form saying all school subject books had been returned wouldn't get their results... And I didn't hand mine in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badlands)
    My school have said anybody who didn't bring back a form saying all school subject books had been returned wouldn't get their results... And I didn't hand mine in...
    I'm fairly certain that's an empty threat

ReputationRep:
    No, it was a sketch with some values on the bottom
    Ah.. Well, good luck!

ReputationRep:

Someone posted the answers for the statistics exam. Its on this site somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    ​so what actually happens on results day what do school give you when you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monisj1)
    ​so what actually happens on results day what do school give you when you go
    I think it varies a bit between schools. But in my school you go in, sign next to your name to say you are collecting them, then get your envelope. My school decide to give us a really confusing grade sheet from which trying to find what I actually got is a task in itself. Then again, other people managed to see what their grades were easily, so maybe it's just me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.