Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Sorry if you've said somewhere and I didn't see it, but who are you backing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotpp)
    Sorry if you've said somewhere and I didn't see it, but who are you backing?
    My first preferences (i.e. my votes on principles) will go to Diane Abbott, my second prefences (i.e. whom I hope will win) will go to Ed Miliband. I say votes as I, in keeping with many Labour activists, have more than one.

ReputationRep:
    My first preferences (i.e. my votes on principles) will go to Diane Abbot, my second prefences (i.e. whom I hope will win) will go to Ed Miliband. I say votes as I, in keeping with many Labour activists, have more than one.
    Why Diane Abbot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotpp)
    Why Diane Abbot?
    I've explained that already.

ReputationRep:
    I've explained that already.
    I'll have a trawl through the labour party question time then :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotpp)
    I'll have a trawl through the labour party question time then :yawn:
    I answered it in the post. Principles. As someone on the Labour Left-wing, my political principles most closely match those of Abbott.

ReputationRep:
    I answered it in the post. Principles. As someone on the Labour Left-wing, my political principles most closely match those of Abbott.
    Oh sorry I was expecting more than a one word justification. So you don't mind supporting someone on principle when they lack principle themselves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotpp)
    Oh sorry I was expecting more than a one word justification. So you don't mind supporting someone on principle when they lack principle themselves?
    She has principles even if those on the Right despise them. Although I do wonder why you're quite so interested in my views when the other Labourites seem to be flocking to David Miliband which may give you a better story as to why they desire a continuation of New Labour codswollop.

ReputationRep:
    what is your parties policy on Education?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well they want to abolish selective schools [of the academic variety anyway] :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Well they want to abolish selective schools [of the academic variety anyway] :holmes:
    Stick to answering your own Question Time thread Paddy, that bill was mine and mine alone.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What is your view on the UK paying for the Pope's visit? I have seen estimates ranginf from 4 - 20 million pounds and was just wondering what your party thinks about this?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Stick to answering your own Question Time thread Paddy, that bill was mine and mine alone.
    Sorry :o:

ReputationRep:
    What is your view on the UK paying for the Pope's visit? I have seen estimates ranginf from 4 - 20 million pounds and was just wondering what your party thinks about this?
    My personal view is that the Pope can either pay for his own visit or **** off back to Rome. The British State should not be giving preferential treatment to religious leaders of any denomination.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My personal view is that the Pope can either pay for his own visit or **** off back to Rome. The British State should not be giving preferential treatment to religious leaders of any denomination.
    Thanks, I'm inclined to agree.

ReputationRep:
    speaking as an atheist and someone who is strongly thinking about joining the NSS:

I think the Pope should not be granted a state visit, I dont think he is recognised as a head of state even.

if he wants to come here, he or his institution or whatever can pay for it IN FULL, no public money wasted on him
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SciFiBoy)
    speaking as an atheist and someone who is strongly thinking about joining the NSS:

I think the Pope should not be granted a state visit, I dont think he is recognised as a head of state even.

if he wants to come here, he or his institution or whatever can pay for it IN FULL, no public money wasted on him
    I see, thanks for the reply :yep:

ReputationRep:
    do other religious leaders have to pay for their trips? cos i don't have a clue, but than you call the whole his a head of state of the most powerful religion in the world you could ( before some says its not :p:), if its a small price to pay to get him to open his eyes to the fact the condom is not evil
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by robinson999)
    do other religious leaders have to pay for their trips? cos i don't have a clue, but than you call the whole his a head of state of the most powerful religion in the world you could ( before some says its not :p:), if its a small price to pay to get him to open his eyes to the fact the condom is not evil
    Thanks, I'm guessing someone has been drinking :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm guessing someone has been drinking :p:
    well i could lie and say yes :o: sadly no , welcome to the fun world of trying to read my typing, it is shocking and well gets me in trouble, mainly due to laziness that i don't read over it again, and years of poor state schooling, plus i do a science degree we don't essay that need to make sense :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.