Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hks123)
    The letter thing I got with my interview says its going to be an essay....

Stressing big time now - interview on Tuesday....argh!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, it should be fine. The essay will most likely be something to do with you as it is only used when the interview was not good enough. Just make sure that they can read it though lol.

If you think about it though, isn't writing an essay less stressful than doing an actual interview as when you are writing an essay it's just you, a piece of paper and a pen, nothing else. No one judging you while writing it.

Just get yourself relaxed before the interview, maybe get a hot drink. There's a starbucks just outside the London Bridge station, towards kings. It's opposite the McDonald's.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have an interview on Thursday? Mine's at 11, it'd be nice to see anyone whose there! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    Don't worry, it should be fine. The essay will most likely be something to do with you as it is only used when the interview was not good enough. Just make sure that they can read it though lol.

If you think about it though, isn't writing an essay less stressful than doing an actual interview as when you are writing an essay it's just you, a piece of paper and a pen, nothing else. No one judging you while writing it.

Just get yourself relaxed before the interview, maybe get a hot drink. There's a starbucks just outside the London Bridge station, towards kings. It's opposite the McDonald's.
    If you do this make sure you go to the toilet before the interview !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9967)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Funnily enough when I got to my interview I realised I had to go to the toilet for a pee but the toilets near the admissions office were locked. Had to run to the other side of the building.

Running around calmed me down though, or that could of just been because I was able to go to the toilet.

One thing though, the taps are kinda crazy, took me awhile to realise how they worked...ended up getting water on my suit. Thank god for waterproof trousers.

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough when I got to my interview I realised I had to go to the toilet for a pee but the toilets near the admissions office were locked. Had to run to the other side of the building.

Running around calmed me down though, or that could of just been because I was able to go to the toilet.

One thing though, the taps are kinda crazy, took me awhile to realise how they worked...ended up getting water on my suit. Thank god for waterproof trousers.
    Thanks for the advice guys! And I'll try and keep that in mind - sounds like something I would end up doing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Waterproof suit trousers?!?! What is this sorcery

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Waterproof suit trousers?!?! What is this sorcery

I know right? I didn't realise til i saw the water droplets just slide off.

Reminded me of the trousers my mum used to buy me for school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    Does anyone else have an interview on Thursday? Mine's at 11, it'd be nice to see anyone whose there! haha
    mine's thursday at 10! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    Good luck. Please let us know how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    Congrats and good luck. Please let us know how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    You too! maybe i'll see you there hahah

ReputationRep:
    Have any international students got an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview on Tuesday 10th, afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    Anyone got an interview on Tuesday 10th, afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ouiiii at 3.40pm! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razer_M)
    Ouiiii at 3.40pm! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh it feels so close now! Mine's at 4.20!
    How's your preparation going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh it feels so close now! Mine's at 4.20!
    How's your preparation going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh I might see you then!
    Yes I know, starting to get a bit worried..
    I practiced all the standard questions and ethics and PS stuff but I have a camb interview the day after so I'm prioritising that

Hopefully can wing PS questions but with science ones you either known it or don't I suppose ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razer_M)
    Ahhh I might see you then!
    Yes I know, starting to get a bit worried..
    I practiced all the standard questions and ethics and PS stuff but I have a camb interview the day after so I'm prioritising that

Hopefully can wing PS questions but with science ones you either known it or don't I suppose ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay! I still need to go through more NHS stuff and history of medicine in case they ask! PS questions are generally quite straight forward (usually anyway!)
    Ahh good luck! Oxbridge interviews are... an experience haha, I had one at Oxford last year - 4 interviews in 24 hours D:
    I have a SGUL interview three days after KCL and it's MMI so I'm scaredddd!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I still need to go through more NHS stuff and history of medicine in case they ask! PS questions are generally quite straight forward (usually anyway!)
    Ahh good luck! Oxbridge interviews are... an experience haha, I had one at Oxford last year - 4 interviews in 24 hours D:
    I have a SGUL interview three days after KCL and it's MMI so I'm scaredddd!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I have an interview at Cambridge how were the Oxford interviews? Do you remember some questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulib)
    Hi, I have an interview at Cambridge how were the Oxford interviews? Do you remember some questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends on your college, I had oxford interviews and I was asked to analyse graphs on oxygen dissociation, talk about lots of data and my favourite was given a skull and was asked, 'tell me about this animal'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.