Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What were you choices if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.malik)
    What were you choices if you don't mind me asking?
    First is Glen Eyre then Wessex Lane and last Highfield. All my choices are for a studio room. My choices were based on local facilities and distance from the university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hakuzar)
    First is Glen Eyre then Wessex Lane and last Highfield. All my choices are for a studio room. My choices were based on local facilities and distance from the university
    Is that catered or self catered?

ReputationRep:
    By the way do you know on what basis the accommodation is allocated?

ReputationRep:
    All studio rooms are self-catered as you have your eon kitchen for cooking. All first years are gauranteed accommodation. It's in the form of first come first serve and availability
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouieSax)
    Out of interest in regards to your personal statement/application what sort of things did you have on there?

My PS
    - That was my personal statement. Though I have gone on to review it in my blog and it could have been better. They have also changed the marking criteria since I applied.

They mark it on the non-academic entry requirements which are on the website. These are going to be updated for 2016 entry though so keep an eye on them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

It is not first come first served so don't worry.

When all the applications are in there is a piece of software that works out where to put everyoe so that as many people are as happy as possible. This does mean some people get a weird allocation and some get exactly what they wanted but most people are happy with where they go in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    It is not first come first served so don't worry.

When all the applications are in there is a piece of software that works out where to put everyoe so that as many people are as happy as possible. This does mean some people get a weird allocation and some get exactly what they wanted but most people are happy with where they go in the end.
    Thanks that reassured me a bit

ReputationRep:
    Have you joined the Facebook group?
    Noo I don't have Facebook, I have a twitter account

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if/when there will be a post offer open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollie.p)
    There isn't, I think
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollie.p)
    There isn't one :nah:

(Original post by games211)
    There isn't, I think
    You are quite right :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer today on track, I'm so chuffed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan)
    Congrats! Well done
    You going to firm it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan)
    Congratulations !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)

My PS
    - That was my personal statement. Though I have gone on to review it in my blog and it could have been better. They have also changed the marking criteria since I applied.

They mark it on the non-academic entry requirements which are on the website. These are going to be updated for 2016 entry though so keep an eye on them.
    Sorry maybe I should have rephrased that. What sorts of experiences did you get which you think really made a difference on your personal statement?
    My boyfriend has a great deal of experience however, he's always looking for something else to add to it So it would be nice to hear what other people got up to which ultimately ot them an offer
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Sorry maybe I should have rephrased that. What sorts of experiences did you get which you think really made a difference on your personal statement?
    My boyfriend has a great deal of experience however, he's always looking for something else to add to it So it would be nice to hear what other people got up to which ultimately ot them an offer

It will not be a specific experience. It will be 100% what they learnt from it. It is not quantity but the reflection on the experiences. Ultimately what gets you an offer is how well you meet the non academic entry requirements that I linked you too!

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    If he can get a job as a health care assistant it would really help him out. If I'm not wrong you work as a HCA during your first year on a regular basis so those who already have that experience have the upper hand and it will also give him a lot to talk about. The patient experience is invaluable. If he's still in school he can join Bank and work whenever he's free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calisthenist)
    If he can get a job as a health care assistant it would really help him out. If I'm not wrong you work as a HCA during your first year on a regular basis so those who already have that experience have the upper hand and it will also give him a lot to talk about. The patient experience is invaluable. If he's still in school he can join Bank and work whenever he's free.
    Yeah luckily, he's already done that. Thank you so much for your advice anyways

ReputationRep:
    Just been told I am on the waiting list! 8 med school rejections and this is my only wait listing place! Gutted I just missed out!
    Does anyone know my changes of being made an offer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.