Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Half my teachers have changed this year- sucks...

ReputationRep:
    My music teacher was all like "Your intonation isn't the best. Re-record for the 100000th time. But don't get hung up about it!" Seriously, music is stressing me out. I am losing the will to live in that class. -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    My music teacher was all like "Your intonation isn't the best. Re-record for the 100000th time. But don't get hung up about it!" Seriously, music is stressing me out. I am losing the will to live in that class. -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My music teacher said I had to redo mine because I got an A. He said if I redo it and get an A* I still have to redo it if it's not full marks what is it with music teachers...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are novemeber maths exams still going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    My music teacher said I had to redo mine because I got an A. He said if I redo it and get an A* I still have to redo it if it's not full marks what is it with music teachers...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ugh! She's really stressing me out, when she knows I could do without it right now. The things I would do to drop it... >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by XxXNAFFYYXxX)
    Are novemeber maths exams still going on
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    Guys i'm in year 11 too and i have one question. You know the core exam i got 3 A*'s and a B in chemistry but overall it was graded as an A. Is that correct. I'm very happy with my A but the thing is some people in my year they got 3 B's and one A but it was graded as an A. Anyways i'm so scared about my english GCSE because i am terrible at it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our school wouldn't let us take any early, which is ridiculous as I really wanted to get a load out of the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I guess I'm quite lucky in that way it's good to have that preparation in year 10 as well so you already have a taste of the stress and can practice revision techniques. End of years are great, but you don't seem that as important as GCSEs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussel)
    Guys i'm in year 11 too and i have one question. You know the core exam i got 3 A*'s and a B in chemistry but overall it was graded as an A. Is that correct. I'm very happy with my A but the thing is some people in my year they got 3 B's and one A but it was graded as an A. Anyways i'm so scared about my english GCSE because i am terrible at it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only thing I can think of is if the A*s were all low A*s (like by 1 or 2 marks) and the B was a really low B....that would make your average an A, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from my geography field trip for my control assessment, it was so boring, two full days of geography!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    Just got back from my geography field trip for my control assessment, it was so boring, two full days of geography!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least you get to go on a proper trip, we go out for the day to a local crappy town

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martie08)
    At least you get to go on a proper trip, we go out for the day to a local crappy town
    I guess but it was a three hour coach journey and now I've got so much to catch up on, and I missed out on first lessons with new teachers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Tito)
    Yeah, I guess I'm quite lucky in that way it's good to have that preparation in year 10 as well so you already have a taste of the stress and can practice revision techniques. End of years are great, but you don't seem that as important as GCSEs...
    I always took end of years as a bit of a joke xD Half hearted revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I basically live in the east of Northern Ireland and we had to get a couch all the way up to the quite literally to the very North-West of NI... biggest pile of bs I've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    I always took end of years as a bit of a joke xD Half hearted revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah exactly, no one really cares about them :') but with actual GCSEs we were all a bit like 'crap I need to do some real work now...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    I basically live in the east of Northern Ireland and we had to get a couch all the way up to the quite literally to the very North-West of NI... biggest pile of bs I've ever seen
    Why did you have to go to the north west doesn't that east have a coast? I live in London so we aren't really anywhere near a beach but it was a load of crap as we all ended up copying off each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why did you have to go to the north west doesn't that east have a coast? I live in London so we aren't really anywhere near a beach but it was a load of crap as we all ended up copying off each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Idk it has a river that we had to study idk how we couldn't go to a closer one...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    Idk it has a river that we had to study idk how we couldn't go to a closer one...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol teachers don't seem to be very practical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Tito)
    Yeah exactly, no one really cares about them :') but with actual GCSEs we were all a bit like 'crap I need to do some real work now...'
    That will so be me xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That will so be me xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bricking it for the exams....trying to do revision now and already failing :')

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.