Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

JulianLL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LewisJacquesWait)
I'm in a similar boat, got a further exam tomorrow that decides my 2nd A* if I can. Not sure my physics was up to scratch for the A though. Surely the secondary offer of AAA with a 2 in STEP isn't as good as what your saying with A*A*B with a 1 in STEP? You'll be fine
safe to say we are in the same boat, fp2 didn't go as well as I hoped, physics was a disaster, not sure i would have got an A either, but i still have s3 tmr to go, do u do aqa physics? I do economics as well but I was never good at it
LewisJacquesWait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JulianLL)
safe to say we are in the same boat, fp2 didn't go as well as I hoped, physics was a disaster, not sure i would have got an A either, but i still have s3 tmr to go, do u do aqa physics? I do economics as well but I was never good at it
FP2 was god awful! Bloody hell that was the worst exam I've ever sat. I'm on AQA for Maths, Further and Physics. It's strange how similar our situations are... Wish you all the best for tomorrow mate.
JulianLL
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LewisJacquesWait)
FP2 was god awful! Bloody hell that was the worst exam I've ever sat. I'm on AQA for Maths, Further and Physics. It's strange how similar our situations are... Wish you all the best for tomorrow mate.
thx there I do ocr maths and further and AQA physics hopefully they will be nice on the misprint and just give everyone the marks otherwise I would be in deeeeeep trouble for an A in physics
Anyways hopefully I'll see u in October
CatherineLauraG
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by a96clark)
Yes! I can't seem to find anyone else though...
Me too. Woo
Randomz96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi people, now exam are finished I'm finally getting round to accommodation. The Warwick website says many of the accommodation sites will be affected by building work disruption. Does anyone know specifically which places are badly effected( i.e. you'll be living in the middle of a building site) and which are just on the outskirts of where the building work takes places and so disruption is minimal.

Thanks
pchuan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
erm... any firmed data science applicants here?
Michaelj99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey although I'm in year 12 I wanna go to Warwick to study Chemistry or Biochem

Does anyone have these offers?
LewisJacquesWait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pchuan)
erm... any firmed data science applicants here?
At last. Yes me, not heard from many people
fatart123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ded thread tbh
Iridann
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hoping Warwick will accept A*ABB as an AAA equivalent ._.
Computer Geek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Iridann)
Hoping Warwick will accept A*ABB as an AAA equivalent ._.
What course?
Iridann
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Computer Geek)
What course?
Comp Sci.
Paranoid I've dropped my 3rd offer grade.
Computer Geek
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Comp Sci.
Paranoid I've dropped my 3rd offer grade.
Oooh I firmed Warwick for Comp Sci unconditionally. I've heard of the odd 1/2 people getting into the course with AAB, but that included A in Maths and it's the odd person and not the majority. Best thing to do is wait till your results actually come out and see what you got, then call Warwick on results day (the earlier you do it, the better chance you have of convincing them how suitable you are for the course).

And I guess if you're able to get A*AB with A* in Maths and A in lets say FM or Computing or Physics, then I see no reason as to why they should reject you.
Iridann
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oooh I firmed Warwick for Comp Sci unconditionally. I've heard of the odd 1/2 people getting into the course with AAB, but that included A in Maths and it's the odd person and not the majority. Best thing to do is wait till your results actually come out and see what you got, then call Warwick on results day (the earlier you do it, the better chance you have of convincing them how suitable you are for the course).
And I guess if you're able to get A*AB with A* in Maths and A in lets say FM or Computing or Physics, then I see no reason as to why they should reject you.
Warwicks my insure, fingers crossed ay.
I have the A in maths from last year but it should be an A* this year.
Computer Geek
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Warwicks my insure, fingers crossed ay.
I have the A in maths from last year but it should be an A* this year.
What did you firm?

Yeah the most important thing to them is your Maths grade so if you're that confident about it you should be fine.
Iridann
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What did you firm?
Yeah the most important thing to them is your Maths grade so if you're that confident about it you should be fine.
Firmed UCL. Yeah I already have the A in A2 maths they want. Love the course at Warwick loads but London and VR research tipped the choice.
Computer Geek
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Firmed UCL. Yeah I already have the A in A2 maths they want. Love the course at Warwick loads but London and VR research tipped the choice.
I'd say the prospects of Warwick and UCL are pretty much identical, Imperial College is the one that everyone hypes over usually. UCL is just seen as an expensive alternative to the likes of Warwick, Bristol, Southampton etc.

So if you was feeling pretty sad about not getting into UCL, don't.
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JulianLL)
I am and I'm hoping that they let me in with A*A*B step 1 1/s on an A*AA offer
Just saw this... They would almost 100% let you onto the Maths course if you applied for straight maths with that, there is no way I can imagine you not getting in on that.
786:)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys, I have just finished my first year of PPE at Warwick. If anyone has any questions regarding accommodation, PPE or anything warwick related feel free to pm me
jaseis23
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got an offer for economics and missed by 0.2% (European Baccaleurate) How likely I am to get in?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads