The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Computer Geek
What did you firm?
Yeah the most important thing to them is your Maths grade so if you're that confident about it you should be fine.

Firmed UCL. Yeah I already have the A in A2 maths they want. Love the course at Warwick loads but London and VR research tipped the choice.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Iridann
Firmed UCL. Yeah I already have the A in A2 maths they want. Love the course at Warwick loads but London and VR research tipped the choice.

I'd say the prospects of Warwick and UCL are pretty much identical, Imperial College is the one that everyone hypes over usually. UCL is just seen as an expensive alternative to the likes of Warwick, Bristol, Southampton etc.

So if you was feeling pretty sad about not getting into UCL, don't.
Original post by JulianLL
I am and I'm hoping that they let me in with A*A*B step 1 1/s on an A*AA offer

Just saw this... They would almost 100% let you onto the Maths course if you applied for straight maths with that, there is no way I can imagine you not getting in on that.
Reply 1063
Hey guys, I have just finished my first year of PPE at Warwick. If anyone has any questions regarding accommodation, PPE or anything warwick related feel free to pm me :smile:
I got an offer for economics and missed by 0.2% (European Baccaleurate) How likely I am to get in?
Reply 1065
Original post by jaseis23
I got an offer for economics and missed by 0.2% (European Baccaleurate) How likely I am to get in?

Hi :smile: I am not aware about straight economics, but I have heard of a couple of people who missed the A*AA entry requirements for PPE and still got in so there is a good chance you can still get in if you have other things to back you up like extended projects etc. Obviously I don't know for sure though..really depends on the cohort tbh
Original post by 786:)
Hey guys, I have just finished my first year of PPE at Warwick. If anyone has any questions regarding accommodation, PPE or anything warwick related feel free to pm me :smile:

I have an offer for PPE. In the summer, did you have a (compulsory) reading list before starting the course? If so, where can I find it? Is there anything else they recommend us to do before starting? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello fellow freshers, me and a few friends have made a group and page on Facebook for Warwick freshers! It would be great if you could join!

Group: facebook.com/groups/588241677919435/?fref=ts
Page: facebook.com/pages/Warwick-University-Freshers-20152016/786957574703428?fref=ts

Thanks, Eddy :smile:
Reply 1068
Hey, just wondering, why doesnt anyone live in warwick? For accommodation people talk abt leamington, kenilworth and coventry.
Original post by omar4
Hey, just wondering, why doesnt anyone live in warwick? For accommodation people talk abt leamington, kenilworth and coventry.

The university is actually in Coventry, Warwick is about half an hour away so would be quite far to travel from

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1070
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
The university is actually in Coventry, Warwick is about half an hour away so would be quite far to travel from

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick and leamington are the same distance from the university and students stay in leamington so i just wondering.
Original post by Sophia-1996
Hey everyone! I'm Sophia! :biggrin:
I received a conditional offer for Classical Civilization at Warwick: ABB. (Sooooo happy!!) And I accepted it as my firm choice. Now just need the grades (stress gone mad!) and I'm in haha! I'm suddenly thinking about the year abroad to Italy too. Very enticing!

I'm currently studying Classics (OCR), Economics (AQA) and Spanish (Edexcel) in prep for my A2 exams.

Would love to get to know people here who have gone for a similar subject at Warwick and just offer holders generally really! :smile: All the best for upcoming exams and hope to see some of you there in October! :wink:

I received an unconditional offer for Classical Civilisation :smile: I'm on a gap year so I already have my grades, but for A-levels I did Classics (AQA), Biology (WJEC) and English Lit (WJEC). Finally, another classics person! Have you applied for accommodation yet?
Hey guys!

Just discovered this thread.
I received a disk conditional offer from Warwick to study Engineering.

AAA for MEng and AAB for BEng.

Has anyone else recrived this kind of offer for this course or any other course because I find it kinda weird.
Original post by Disney0702
Hey guys!

Has anyone else recrived this kind of offer for this course or any other course because I find it kinda weird.

I'm fairly sure that's their standard offer for engineering :smile:
Original post by Disney0702
Hey guys!

Masters courses are normally offered like that, with a slightly higher requirement. You can switch between them once you're in the university fairly easily though (at least, you can with me in biomed) so if you think it'll be hard to get AAA, go for the BEng.
Does anybody know whether Warwick was in clearing for Biomedical sciences last year? I'm just wondering because if I don't get ABB as they required, they might still accept me if it's typical for them to be in clearing.
Original post by CantonHero
Does anybody know whether Warwick was in clearing for Biomedical sciences last year? I'm just wondering because if I don't get ABB as they required, they might still accept me if it's typical for them to be in clearing.

I did biomedical and went through clearing two years ago, and I knew a fair few others who did. Also, I got offered ABB and got in with ABC (+2 AS's).
Original post by jrs971
I did biomedical and went through clearing two years ago, and I knew a fair few others who did. Also, I got offered ABB and got in with ABC (+2 AS's).

Great, thanks. Mind if I ask what subjects you did for A2 and the grades?
Original post by CantonHero
Great, thanks. Mind if I ask what subjects you did for A2 and the grades?

Sure yeah. I got Biology A, English Language B, Maths C.
Reply 1079
Hi everyone!

I missed a few percent off my UCL offer (*sigh*) and that means I'm coming to Warwick in October! Going to study Biomedical Sciences :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending