The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Got woken up today by bleeding binmen wanting to know where my bin was when its not even bin collection day. So now I'm tired as hell, not great when I need to get on with my essay :/
Just a quick question, when do we have to reapply for student finance??
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Just a quick question, when do we have to reapply for student finance??

Not until next year
Original post by MathsNerd1
Not until next year

Oh okay.. My sister was telling me its a lot earlier. Wouldn't next year be too late considering I'd start second year this september?
Oh okay.. My sister was telling me its a lot earlier. Wouldn't next year be too late considering I'd start second year this september?

Sorry, I meant like June, but it's still ages away to be worrying about it now
Sorry, I meant like June, but it's still ages away to be worrying about it now

Okay thank you :smile:! Wasn't worrying, was just curious to see when I had to do it by as my sister was telling me it's Febraury, which I thought was too early!
Okay thank you :smile:! Wasn't worrying, was just curious to see when I had to do it by as my sister was telling me it's Febraury, which I thought was too early!

It could possibly open in February, I know I did mine in June and still got it in time, so yeah, plenty of time until that
It could possibly open in February, I know I did mine in June and still got it in time, so yeah, plenty of time until that

Got a bit of revision done, but, I spent sometime with the girl I like last night, pretty sure nothing is going to happen and I have to make a decision whether I want to stay as we are whilst I still quite like her or stop speaking to her. Might start adopting a 'LAD' persona because apparently women don't like nice guys. **** them.

Exam in a week and in the mean time I have to think about my decision :frown:
Looked at psychology past papers for the first time and they ask for a 45 minute essay on something which is summed up in a sentence or two in the lectures. :frown: Idk what to do
Original post by LeaX
Looked at psychology past papers for the first time and they ask for a 45 minute essay on something which is summed up in a sentence or two in the lectures. :frown: Idk what to do

It must be requiring you to do lots of extra reading

--------------
I promised my diss supervisor a questionnaire draft by tomorrow. Ugh and I had to work :frown: oops. Life is becoming really busy.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Got a bit of revision done, but, I spent sometime with the girl I like last night, pretty sure nothing is going to happen and I have to make a decision whether I want to stay as we are whilst I still quite like her or stop speaking to her. Might start adopting a 'LAD' persona because apparently women don't like nice guys. **** them.

Exam in a week and in the mean time I have to think about my decision :frown:

Honestly, from the last few days, I've really just seen how ****ed up relationships/people liking people is. Like, seriously, it's so complicated and it's so ****ing annoying. It's always the guy you like likes someone else, or you actually do find someone who likes you back, then they go and **** you over in the end. Or you have guy friends who you love as friends, then they like you and it gets awkward and risk losing a friendship over it. Or you like someone who just sees you as a friend then you're sad.

Absolutely melts my head. Was out on Sunday for the work do and every guy I or my friends liked, was liking someone else. Like, the guy my friend liked was flirting with me, the guy my other friend liked likes my other friend, then obviously anyone I even considered was a no go anyway because ex was too busy being a bother and moping, and I knew if I did anything everyone would call me a bitch... :rolleyes: but hey, nothing would have happened anyway because everyone just sees me now as "his ex" so even if I did find someone... neh. Despite the fact I haven't done anything wrong and don't really deserve to be wrote off immediately...

I hate relationships.
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
It must be requiring you to do lots of extra reading

--------------
I promised my diss supervisor a questionnaire draft by tomorrow. Ugh and I had to work :frown: oops. Life is becoming really busy.

I know but I have done all suggested reading and more in order to get more studies for what the theories are but they ask you questions using tiny details of the lectures and I just feel like it's impossible to know how much further reading to do and I feel like there's no guidance on what to revise. Really dislike my course. :frown: Sorry for being so negative
Original post by snailsareslimy
Honestly, from the last few days, I've really just seen how ****ed up relationships/people liking people is. Like, seriously, it's so complicated and it's so ****ing annoying. It's always the guy you like likes someone else, or you actually do find someone who likes you back, then they go and **** you over in the end. Or you have guy friends who you love as friends, then they like you and it gets awkward and risk losing a friendship over it. Or you like someone who just sees you as a friend then you're sad.

Absolutely melts my head. Was out on Sunday for the work do and every guy I or my friends liked, was liking someone else. Like, the guy my friend liked was flirting with me, the guy my other friend liked likes my other friend, then obviously anyone I even considered was a no go anyway because ex was too busy being a bother and moping, and I knew if I did anything everyone would call me a bitch... :rolleyes: but hey, nothing would have happened anyway because everyone just sees me now as "his ex" so even if I did find someone... neh. Despite the fact I haven't done anything wrong and don't really deserve to be wrote off immediately...

I hate relationships.

I know the feeling so much, I like this girl but I just know its not going to happen, might just try and return to friends with benefits because at least i'd be getting something from it, it's just crap because we get on so well, makes the decision more complicated.
That sounds like an awkward night out, maybe would have been better if your ex wasn't there, but yeh, when feeling aren't reciprocated it just makes things complicated, wish everything just worked out simply! They shouldn't write you off just because of your ex though, that's so not cool!
Also agree with the hating of relationships :erm:
Immunology exam today at 4.

I'm reasonably well prepared (thanks to the slightly elitist, vaguely snobby medschool revision group I was invited into after december results) but I'm still crapping myself. I always get so bloody anxious when it comes to exams :frown:
Original post by Serentonin

I'm reasonably well prepared (thanks to the slightly elitist, vaguely snobby medschool revision group I was invited into after december results) but I'm still crapping myself. I always get so bloody anxious when it comes to exams :frown:

Good luck!!!!!
4pm is so late to have an exam! The latest ours start is 2!

Good luck! :hugs:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I know the feeling so much, I like this girl but I just know its not going to happen, might just try and return to friends with benefits because at least i'd be getting something from it, it's just crap because we get on so well, makes the decision more complicated.
That sounds like an awkward night out, maybe would have been better if your ex wasn't there, but yeh, when feeling aren't reciprocated it just makes things complicated, wish everything just worked out simply! They shouldn't write you off just because of your ex though, that's so not cool!

Yeah, it's so annoying when you know it could work but aren't even given a chance!
Tbh I don't blame them, they don't know why we broke up and probably don't wanna annoy anyone/get involved. Meh.

Original post by Slowbro93
Also agree with the hating of relationships :erm:

You okay? <3

Good luck! :smile:

Original post by rayquaza17
Good luck!!!!!
4pm is so late to have an exam! The latest ours start is 2!

My latest starts at half 4 and could be 2 and a half hours long :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending