Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeTownsend123)
    For Question 8B, I did the whole question using the general focus and ellipse equations and not using the exact value. Then, I ended up with 2a and subbed in my a = 2 at the end, would I still gain full credit?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeTownsend123)
    For Question 8B, I did the whole question using the general focus and ellipse equations and not using the exact value. Then, I ended up with 2a and subbed in my a = 2 at the end, would I still gain full credit?
    Well I don't see why it wouldn't be full marks - don't stress aha

ReputationRep:
    In addition to this, on the vectors question I didn't calculate the right vectors. On part C I did a + lamda b + mu c and my method doing this was perfectly right following through to the perpendicular distance. Out of the six marks, how many would I gain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Cheers for the solutions
    How many marks do you think I'd lose on 8a/8b if I accidentally used the wrong formula for finding the value of e/directrices/focii? (I used hyperbola instead if ellipse)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    possibly 4 ...The whole of (a)

then some more from part (b)

I do not know how this will be marked ... because part (b) now will not work if you have the wrong directrices
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    possibly 4 ...The whole of (a)

then some more from part (b)

I do not know how this will be marked ... because part (b) now will not work if you have the wrong directrices
    But I ended up with 4 despite that? Unless I did do part a correctly (using the correct formula) just that I don't remember it ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ahh im sooo depressed I went into this exam thinking yh im gonna smash it, but I messed it up completely after seeing TeeEm unofficial markscheme I only got 51 does anyone reckon this will at least be a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aero-1997)
    ahh im sooo depressed I went into this exam thinking yh im gonna smash it, but I messed it up completely after seeing TeeEm unofficial markscheme I only got 51 does anyone reckon this will at least be a B.
    Yeah check out the thread "Will the real TeeEm.."; he just posted grade boundaries (that would be a B I think)

ReputationRep:
    But I ended up with 4 despite that? Unless I did do part a correctly (using the correct formula) just that I don't remember it ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You will have to sweat it out until the 13th of Aug

only 51 days to go!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    You will have to sweat it out until the 13th of Aug

only 51 days to go!
    I know, I'll try and enjoy my life till then
    But... it definitely won't work if I found e using the hyperbola formula?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know, I'll try and enjoy my life till then
    But... it definitely won't work if I found e using the hyperbola formula?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe you did not ...
    maybe you made a sign error further down in your workings and that would correct it from e2-1 to 1-e2
    maybe you do not remember ...
    maybe because I am a Londoner ...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    maybe you did not ...
    maybe you made a sign error further down in your workings and that would correct it from e2-1 to 1-e2
    maybe you do not remember ...
    maybe because I am a Londoner ...
    Ah, that raises more questions and theories than it answers :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that raises more questions and theories than it answers :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hopefully you did well and your university entry is not affected by all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aero-1997)
    Should be, TeeEm also posted the following estimated grade boundaries:

100UMS ...65-70
    90UMS..... 60-61
    80UMS..... 53-54
    70UMS..... 45-48

ReputationRep:
    I got 43-45 what ums do you think that will be.

ReputationRep:
    For question 1 for cosh^2x I used e(x) instead of e(2x) to find the solutions how many marks out of 6 would I loose.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else spend ages trying to calculate the surface area of revolution for 4b)...?
    That question could've been on a C4 paper.

ReputationRep:
    Got the eigenvalues as surds and i knew i did something wrong so i skipped the question 😭😭😭

I could have finished it if i knew i actually did it right

ReputationRep:
    solutions to FP3 for those waking up late in posts 504/505

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3327325

ReputationRep:
    Maximum mark I got is about 68/75

Annoyed I didn't spot that OQR was a right angle, but to be fair it's hard to think when there's a seagull and its child squawking outside the window right next to you for the entire exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    Got the eigenvalues as surds and i knew i did something wrong so i skipped the question 😭😭😭

I could have finished it if i knew i actually did it right
    I kept inputting the eigenvalues back into the equation and it was coming out right and I was just starting at my original equation like "what's wrong with this?"
    Ultimately probably only dropped a couple on the question but I ended up actually attempting to do it in about a three minute space near the end

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.