Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_J123)
    Will the examiners take any marks of, for not writting a conclusion for the unseen poem, however i put 'In conclusion,' and i ran out of time.
    Hi, examiners like to see clear 'evolution' of the essay it's nothing to lose sleep about. I did really well with the unseen, AQA was kind in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone compare manhunt and harmonium? Really worried now coz no one seems to have done it

ReputationRep:
    I compared The Farmer's Bride with Brothers.

ReputationRep:
    did everyone comment on effect on reader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohanl98)
    I did Manhunt with Farmer's Bride... Was that a good choice??
    That's what I did also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bma)
    I compared manhunt with farmer's bride. i forgot to write about effect on reader. What is the highest grade i could get?
    You don't necessarily need to mention the effect on the reader to get a high mark

ReputationRep:
    I did Sister Maude and Brothers.

ReputationRep:
    I did the same two poems and my teacher said that it was okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot&Spicy)
    ATTENTION! PLEASE READ:

I do character and voice, and chose to compare Brendon Gallacher with the poem Give.

No one else did this.

I am about to chop my legs off! Is this comparison ok??
    I did the same and my teacher it was okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot&Spicy)
    ATTENTION! PLEASE READ:

I do character and voice, and chose to compare Brendon Gallacher with the poem Give.

No one else did this.

I am about to chop my legs off! Is this comparison ok??
    I did the same two poems and my teacher said it was okay

ReputationRep:
    I did the fear question (from conflict) and compared Bayonet Charge with next to of course god america i. I basically said that the patriotic ideals in the poem acted as a painkiller to block and inhibit fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by What Is Life?)
    I did the fear question (from conflict) and compared Bayonet Charge with next to of course god america i. I basically said that the patriotic ideals in the poem acted as a painkiller to block and inhibit fear.
    Exactly what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issiethomas)
    You don't necessarily need to mention the effect on the reader to get a high mark
    thanks mate. I was seriously worried that i was gonna get less than a B. I thought i had really messed up in english.

ReputationRep:
    How much did everyone write for it? I think I wrote too much again LOOOL

ReputationRep:
    Easiest poetry exam I've ever done, conflict people know.

ReputationRep:
    I did Manhunt with To his coy mistress for the 'damagaed relationships' question. I talked about how there is war imagery in manhunt but animistic in THCM in order to seduce her and have sex with her. I talked about some device how they get that point across and having spoken to my teacher, she said that would be good. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKevinFang)
    Easiest poetry exam I've ever done, conflict people know.
    How much did you write for unseen? I did 3 paragraphs but I'm not sure if its enough. I did one on structure, one on language and one about a device used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blitzchika)
    How much did you write for unseen? I did 3 paragraphs but I'm not sure if its enough. I did one on structure, one on language and one about a device used
    I wrote one on structure and two and language and its effects- so 3 in total

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ouatislifex)
    I compared The Farmer's Bride with Brothers.
    For which question ? I thought you had to compare manhunt with another or sister maude with another

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salma_SDKA)
    Same I did the manhunt question. I was so happy that it came up because it was the only poem I seriously revised (Thank God). I compared it to brothers too, although I think I should have compared it to sister Maude.. but I couldn't really say anything about structure in sister Maude so I didn't, even though it had way more language techniques.

I said that both poems use structure to present damaged relationships. Manhunt does this by using half rhymes to show incompleteness in the relationship and therefore damaged. I said it contrasted with the couplet structure of the poem which could show confusion and lack of communication etc.

In brothers I wrote about the fact that the last stanza had only 4 lines as apposed to the usual 5 which literally shows that the younger brother got left behind. I kinda used really big and long words to show that I was writing a lot about a little

I then talked about lang tech. So in manhunt the quote about blown hinge of his lower jaw or something, shows he can't communicate and would be a problem as a relationship is based of communication. I also said that the blown hinge emphasised the damage in the relationship as it has images to heavy artillery in wars which are extremely damaging.

In brothers I talked about the older brother 'chasing olympic gold' and younger brother having a coin. The olympic gold is more prestige than a coin, highlighting the growing rift between the brothers. Talked about how 'chased' is very stealthy and fast which shows how fast the relationship is being damaged and if not fixed it could ruin the relationship forever. I justified this through the last line that said something about him not being able to close the distance he set in motion.

Hopefully this gets me at least and A. :daydreaming:
    wow that sounds really good! you will definitley get at least an A with that! I did similar stuff, and also compared the titles how they are both ambigous and could mean different things

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.