Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=ChoccyPhilly;56483861]Strong feeling there'll be a big section on ecology[/QUOTE]

As long as its not genomes, anything but genomes! Sorry was supposed to ask about F214, should've mentioned that previously :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd123456)
    QUOTE=ChoccyPhilly;56483861]Strong feeling there'll be a big section on ecology
    As long as its not genomes, anything but genomes! Sorry was supposed to ask about F214, should've mentioned that previously :P[/QUOTE]

oh genomes will probably show up as there was nothing about it on last year's paper. I love gene tech Personally, I want a long question about operons and gene control and stuff.

Hmm, for unit 4 I think the kidneys and focus mostly on respiration/photosynthesis

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=ChoccyPhilly;56484613]As long as its not genomes, anything but genomes! Sorry was supposed to ask about F214, should've mentioned that previously :P[/QUOTE]

oh genomes will probably show up as there was nothing about it on last year's paper. I love gene tech Personally, I want a long question about operons and gene control and stuff.

Hmm, for unit 4 I think the kidneys and focus mostly on respiration/photosynthesis[/QUOTE]

If the gene tech stuff involves a long question about operons then I can cope i dont think genetic cross diagrams came up last year either did they?

Do you think there's likely to be any labelling of diagrams in F214? Since there was 5 marks available for labelling a kidney in last years paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd123456)
    [url="#46113804"] QUOTE[img]http://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png

Do you think there's likely to be any labelling of diagrams in F214? Since there was 5 marks available for labelling a kidney in last years paper
    I just did that paper, did you mean liver? No, I doubt that there will be a histology question worth that many marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    I just did that paper, did you mean liver? No, I doubt that there will be a histology question worth that many marks
    Yes sorry thats what I meant gosh its been a long day haha

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone finished revision for f215 as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisie__x)
    Haven't even started

ReputationRep:
    <br />
    <br />

Finished note making and general revision of everything except galapogas island case study and behaviour

ReputationRep:
    <br />
    <br />

Finished note making and general revision of everything except galapogas island case study and behaviour
    That's similar to me apart from I have to finish the genomes topic. I've decided to focus on f214 now though, I'm not really sure what's best

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about replica plating its not in the spec but its in the book.

ReputationRep:
    That's similar to me apart from I have to finish the genomes topic. I've decided to focus on f214 now though, I'm not really sure what's best
    Personally, I'm alternating days of unit 5 them unit 4 until Friday where it's all unit 4 til monday

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'm alternating days of unit 5 them unit 4 until Friday where it's all unit 4 til monday
    That's a good idea. I might do that as well, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on how to answer the exam style questions in biology! like i've done sooo much practice but still not getting it.. you guys got any other tips on how to approach them ? ( basically referring to all these 'suggest' questions )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taws)
    Any tips on how to answer the exam style questions in biology! like i've done sooo much practice but still not getting it.. you guys got any other tips on how to approach them ? ( basically referring to all these 'suggest' questions )
    Try to refer back to the part of the mark scheme that the question relates to.. Because obviously they will be testing you on stuff that you've learnt. If it doesn't help then I'm sorry lol, someone told me to do this and I was like oh yeah but it's harder when you actually try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harmanosa)
    Haven't even started
    lol same fml help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyh1821)
    lol same fml help
    I'm not even sure what's better! I've done some f215 and now i feel like i cant remember the F214 stuff :P

ReputationRep:
    could someone gave me a definition of recessive epistasis please? I understand dominant and complementary but the book isn't that clear for recessive. thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sure what's better! I've done some f215 and now i feel like i cant remember the F214 stuff :P
    dreading them all, just finished my resits and now i have to do actual work i can't bring myself to do it though ahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyh1821)
    dreading them all, just finished my resits and now i have to do actual work i can't bring myself to do it though ahh
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll get there! I just can't wait until it's over!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll get there! I just can't wait until it's over!
    you too! i just hope newcastle will accept me with ABB as I'm pretty doubtful of my A in bio haha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.