Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone heard from PPE yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymcm11)
    any other historians? got my offer on Wednesday, really didn't expect to hear so quickly but my application was sent quite early
    Historian! But haven't heard from them yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by instn)
    Historian! But haven't heard from them yet
    same here! hoping for a response soon hang in there guys!

(Original post by shimzo)
    Hi has anyone heard from PPE yet?
    Im waiting too, so annoyed- when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    any other historians? got my offer on Wednesday, really didn't expect to hear so quickly but my application was sent quite early
    I've applied for History but I haven't heard anything back yet I applied a while ago as well! Should I be worrying yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToriaEmma)
    I've applied for History but I haven't heard anything back yet I applied a while ago as well! Should I be worrying yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cliché answer incoming, but really, you shouldn't be worrying until you get a rejection. I actually had an email from Durham regarding offer-giving time scales (I applied early, too), and here it is!

''Thank you for your email. The University aims to make decisions on all on-time applications (those submitted to UCAS by 15th January), by 31st March. We are continuing to make decisions on applications and we are sending decisions to UCAS on a daily basis. Our admissions selectors consider each application carefully and in competition with all other applications submitted this cycle. We give equal consideration to all of these applicants who apply by 15th January and therefore, whilst we are able to make a number of decisions sooner, the majority of our admissions decisions are made between 15th January and 31st March each year. If you have submitted your application and have not yet received a decision from us, this is not an indication that your application has not been read or considered. It is also not an indication that you will not be successful in your application to us and indeed, the fact that we have not made a decision on your application means that we are still considering it, in competition with other applications. I would encourage you to continue to check your UCAS Track. I appreciate that waiting for a decisions can be a difficult time and I would like to thank you for your patience. If you have any other enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Team by emailing [email protected] or telephoning +44 (0)191 334 6128.''Essentially, whatever questions you have after that, call them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_1998)
    Im waiting too, so annoyed- when did you apply?
    22 October! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    no definitely don't worry, durham give out most of their offers after jan 15th!

ReputationRep:
    anybody heard back from Philosophy yet? My predicted grades are A*AB which i really hope are enough!! applied at the beginning of october and starting to get nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by withersgw)
    Just got a conditional offer for Theology IB: 36 points
    what were your gcse's and as grades like if you don't mind me asking? sorry i'm just being nosey as i'm hoping mine will be good enough to get me in!

(Original post by shimzo)
    22 October! What about you?
    16th of November, I just an impatient person ^_^

no definitely don't worry, durham give out most of their offers after jan 15th!
    Can't wait that long lol

ReputationRep:
    Physics Bsc anyone? Applied in September

ReputationRep:
    Same haha. Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyril1448)
    Offer!!!!! Chemistry (Industrial) offer AA since I already achieved an A* in maths. So excited. University college
    I'm curious. Does that mean you aren't taking 3x a levels in one sitting? I thought they only made offers on that basis - but well done for your early a*

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Geology AAB! got back really quickly too, applied to Grey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally's)
    I'm curious. Does that mean you aren't taking 3x a levels in one sitting? I thought they only made offers on that basis - but well done for your early a*
    It means they took further maths last year and got an A*. Depending on what school it may or may not be certificated at the end of the year, for example, I got an A* in further maths last year but it won't actually count until the end of this year when it gets certificated, so it will show up in my offers.

ReputationRep:
    Offer!!!! Mathematics (4 years) - A*AA
    was't even hoping for it XD

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Physics Msci, but haven't got any news back. I was wondering if anyone else has got an offer from the Physics department yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ats961)
    Offer!!!! Mathematics (4 years) - A*AA
    was't even hoping for it XD
    Congrats! When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.