Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    At least 1 offer has gone out. Sorry, I am really not sure how else to write that!
    how lucky must that individual be! congrats to him/her!

ReputationRep:
    I called admissions today and they lady said that no offers have been sent out yet :confused:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by pwijeyendram)
    I called admissions today and they lady said that no offers have been sent out yet :confused:
    Hmm! I'll double check with the person I've spoken to in that case :yes:.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I may have got my wires crossed so I apologise. :yes:

Were you phoning just to ask that?

ReputationRep:
    I may have got my wires crossed so I apologise. :yes:

Were you phoning just to ask that?
    Nope I called initially about the travel claims form and thought I'd ask how they're sending out offers this year. And then she said none have gone out yet

It's not your fault!!

I was in your group for my interview btw haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nope I called initially about the travel claims form and thought I'd ask how they're sending out offers this year. And then she said none have gone out yet

It's not your fault!!

I was in your group for my interview btw haha
    I'll wait to hear back and update you on my friend with an interview asap :yes:. I assumed they meant BM6 but I am now not so sure

Aha oh dear poor you!! Had to put up with me talking nonsense for an hour or so!

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait to hear back and update you on my friend with an interview asap :yes:. I assumed they meant BM6 but I am now not so sure

Aha oh dear poor you!! Had to put up with me talking nonsense for an hour or so!
    Great thanks

haha you honestly made me feel less nervous haha!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Great thanks

haha you honestly made me feel less nervous haha!
    Ahh yeah, I was mistaken. It was a BM5 offer.

That's good to hear :yes:. We do try, but it's hard when so many people are so nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know exactly how many applicants where interviewed this year? I think last year it was 96?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Justtryingtolive)
    Does anyone know exactly how many applicants where interviewed this year? I think last year it was 96?
    119, same as last year. 96 on a single day at most.
    Minus no-shows

ReputationRep:
    119, same as last year. 96 on a single day at most.
    Minus no-shows
    Oh, so 119 INCLUDING the ones who didn't show too?? And if not including them, do you know how many excluding them?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh, so 119 INCLUDING the ones who didn't show too?? And if not including them, do you know how many excluding them?
    Not sure how many didnt turn up. A ew. Not many.

Try not to obsess though, it won't help or make any difference :no:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how many didnt turn up. A ew. Not many.

Try not to obsess though, it won't help or make any difference :no:
    Okay thanks I'll try not too

ReputationRep:
    When you get an offer, do you have to send them a scan of EVERY SINGLE certificate of qualifications you've EVER done?! (GCSE, AS Levels etc..), and can they withdraw you if they see an extra gcse certificate for a grade in a subject that you've not put on your UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you not put down a grade you achieved? If it was an honest mistake (I don't really know how admissions works to clarify), I don't think they'd decline you after you got an offer simply because it costs the university time. I don't think you have to send scans either, the grades are supplied by the examination company (eg for Scotland it's supplied by the SQA.)

I would let them know as soon as possible before you get an offer because they'll more likely be forgiving if it was a mistake rather than something you've tried to hide.

A more concerning thing would be to have said you got a grade which you didn't achieve.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    When you get an offer, do you have to send them a scan of EVERY SINGLE certificate of qualifications you've EVER done?! (GCSE, AS Levels etc..), and can they withdraw you if they see an extra gcse certificate for a grade in a subject that you've not put on your UCAS?
    Not A levels as they get sent it but they'll want to see your GCSE certificates most likely.

It could be problematic, but if it wasn't relevant to the course or your offer they may ignore it. That will be up to the university. Why was it omitted from UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Not A levels as they get sent it but they'll want to see your GCSE certificates most likely.

It could be problematic, but if it wasn't relevant to the course or your offer they may ignore it. That will be up to the university. Why was it omitted from UCAS?
    Basically, I did GCSE maths exam in november AND june, and in november I got an A, but June I got A*, and I have certificates for both. But when it came to applying for university, all of my teachers said to me to put on ucas the A* one and not the A. Thats why it was omitted.

So say if they do ask for all of them, do I send all BUT the certificate of the A grade one?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Basically, I did GCSE maths exam in november AND june, and in november I got an A, but June I got A*, and I have certificates for both. But when it came to applying for university, all of my teachers said to me to put on ucas the A* one and not the A. Thats why it was omitted.

So say if they do ask for all of them, do I send all BUT the certificate of the A grade one?
    Well the A was sufficient so it shouldn't matter either way. Future reference though, you should declare all your grades :yes:.

ReputationRep:

But those would be your grades that you got for each module.
    You would put the grade that you got overall for maths GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well the A was sufficient so it shouldn't matter either way. Future reference though, you should declare all your grades :yes:.
    Okay, I hope so, because I did hear from a few others too that you're meant to put both the A and the A* but my teachers insisted it's the A* to be put on.

(Original post by Bloom77)
    But those would be your grades that you got for each module.
    You would put the grade that you got overall for maths GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, because the November one was a full GCSE grade, rather than a module exam, I could've stuck with the A and that would've been my overall grade for maths GCSE, but I chose to increase it by doing it again in June.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.