Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam1w2e)
    I had my assessment day on 12th May in Milton Keynes and haven't heard back yet.
    Well hopefully we still have a chance, who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G3251)
    Same, I did mine in Manchester but my first choice was bootle with Liverpool second. Hopefully I will hear tomorrow. What department did you get?
    My first choice was Bootle too, with Liverpool second. I got offered a place in HM Passports in Liverpool. Still pretty happy even thought it was my second choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne4G)
    My first choice was Bootle too, with Liverpool second. I got offered a place in HM Passports in Liverpool. Still pretty happy even thought it was my second choice.
    Im assuming you are doing operational delivery? Did the email state your salary and the health checks etc?

ReputationRep:
    I would be really happy with that, I have a few mates who work in the passport office they seem to like it. Best thing is with you starting in September you miss the summer rush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrisonLee26)
    Im assuming you are doing operational delivery? Did the email state your salary and the health checks etc?
    Glad to hear you guys got location at the same time, shame they didn't do the same for the fast track. Hopefully though it means we will be finding out tommorow! Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    M
    Yes opperational delivery 😊 they said about health checks and references but haven't told me my salary yet.

(Original post by G3251)
    I would be really happy with that, I have a few mates who work in the passport office they seem to like it. Best thing is with you starting in September you miss the summer rush.
    Yes I'm pretty happy, and September is a great time to start. Hope you hear from them soon 😊

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anne4G;56903301]M
    Yes opperational delivery 😊 they said about health checks and references but haven't told me my salary yet.

Ahh Okay! Will probably give those of us on the fast track the same information then. Are the health checks when you are there or over the summer?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=HarrisonLee26;56903917]
    M

Ahh Okay! Will probably give those of us on the fast track the same information then. Are the health checks when you are there or over the summer?
    Does anyone know what health checks mean? I have arthirutis of the jaw will that affect it?...

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer for Operational Delivery today too - at 4:08!
    I am over the moon and this offer included my location and department!
    P.S. My assessment centre was in Edinburgh :-)

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lucydrysdale;56906093]

Does anyone know what health checks mean? I have arthirutis of the jaw will that affect it?...
    Im assuming it is just a medical, so what you would go to your doctor for. I think there is a charge but not 100% sure as i got mine paid for by the RAF. I think i read sonewhere that there's a drug test too but that was either very early on in this thread or elsewhere. Anyone have anynore information in the health prerequisite?

ReputationRep:
    the only health check that I had to do for operational delivery was like a health declaration form. You had to state if you'd had any recent illnesses or health conditions. Basically anything that could affect your ability to work and anything that they could do to accommodate you. I'm guessing it'll be the same sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutterbutter3005)
    the only health check that I had to do for operational delivery was like a health declaration form. You had to state if you'd had any recent illnesses or health conditions. Basically anything that could affect your ability to work and anything that they could do to accommodate you. I'm guessing it'll be the same sort of thing?
    Oh right so it was done by you, no doctor required? All seems pretty straight forward in that case!

ReputationRep:
    I had an offer from them today too, how exciting! Congratulations 😊
    Ahh thank you. Congratulations to you too 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jid12)
    Would you mind telling me which department they placed you in?
    They've given me Department of Work and Pensions

ReputationRep:
    Oh right so it was done by you, no doctor required? All seems pretty straight forward in that case!
    Yeah, there was a section where you could give consent for them to look at your medical records etc. it was quite comprehensive but nothing to be worried about if it's the same as I had!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from London been told department info etc?
    I was told I would hear by today
    I replied to their email last week accepting the offer but didn't get a confirmation email, should I be worried by this? Did others receive a confirmation email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiahrose)
    I replied to their email last week accepting the offer but didn't get a confirmation email, should I be worried by this? Did others receive a confirmation email?
    I never recieved a confirmation that they had recieved my acceptance email so I rang them and they said that they've been inundated with emails and simply don't have the time to reply to all... I'm also still waiting to hear about my location and department, I applied for Yorkshire and the Humber though, not London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiahrose)
    I believe everyone waiting on location was told it would be today, but everyone saying they have too many emails may mean we will be waiting a while longer unfortunately. I doubt we will hear today, I really hope we do though. Need to know though

ReputationRep:
    I get the feeling its more likely to be the end of next week or so before any of the fast track people find out locations, although in saying that I still check this thread religiously incase anyone has heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone phoned up capita to ask if we will fin out today or next week?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.