Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmayo_o)
    That's nice. What are your predicted grades and offers?
    Predicted AAA. Offer from Warwick is AAA while Liverpool is ABB(my last choice) I also applied to York (AAA), Exeter (AAB), and Leicester (AAB).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fozboz)
    hey guys. i haven't sent off my application yet and am still searching unis, do you think im leaving it a bit late? i want to study criminology and have 240 tariff points, can anyone recommend any unis which they think would be good?
    Which? Is really good for this kind of thing
    http://university.which.co.uk/search...s_bound%5D=240

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofiatrain)
    Anyone do the IB here? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the IB here? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ME! hello

ReputationRep:
    Hey! So I'm applying to psychology Wbu? Also what are your predicted grades?
    I'm applying for English! My prediction is 44. What about you, and where have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    how cow! university of Birmingham just made me an unconditional offer for biomedical sciences. Now in a bit of a dilemma because their course isnt accredited like surrey (sandwich) or Qmul... plus I really liked aston as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuego1)
    how cow! university of Birmingham just made me an unconditional offer for biomedical sciences. Now in a bit of a dilemma because their course isnt accredited like surrey (sandwich) or Qmul... plus I really liked aston as well
    Do you want to work as a lab technician in hospital?
    Their course is structured so you can get accreditation for the course later on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 3 conditional offers from Queen Mary, Southampton and Kent. still waiting for Portsmouth and Birmingham University. I sent my application on the 3rd of November.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=spiritless98;60552477]Do you want to work as a lab technician in hospital?

Their course is structured so you can get accreditation for the course later on
    Thing is, im not too sure but Im leaning towards working in a hospital (which needs ibms accreditation). Having an accredited course puts me at an advantage incase i change my plans, in terms of career choices around biomed
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have received offers from Nottingham and Keele for History within a couple of days, but have also applied for Birmingham, Sheffield and York. Does anyone know how long they generally take - I am just wanting to know if I've been accepted or rejected asap (at least by Christmas!).
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hwallace097)
    I'm applying to Salford to do the exact same course!
    Really?! That's awesome! Have you sent in your application yet? Hopefully I'll see you there if they eventually get back to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenlatte)
    Me!
    AHH hello!

What are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    I'm applying for English! My prediction is 44. What about you, and where have you applied to?
    Oh damn good job! Which unis are you applying to? I'm predicted 39 and am applying to Bath, Durham, Exeter, Birmingham and loughborough

ReputationRep:
    AHH hello!

What are you applying to?
    I'm applying for medicine to Oxford, St George's, Bristol, Birmingham and Imperial for biomedical sciences.Predicted 42/45.What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had Law offers from Nottingham yet? They sent me an email the other day which basically told me everything I already knew about the admissions process :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Application was sent off yesterday (10/11/2015) recieved an offer today (just 24 hours after) from Plymouth University for Masters of Psychology.

Still waiting to hear from York, Bath, Bristol and Bangor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenlatte)
    I'm applying for medicine to Oxford, St George's, Bristol, Birmingham and Imperial for biomedical sciences.Predicted 42/45.What about you?
    I 'm predicted 39 and am applying for psychology at Bath, Durham, Exeter, Birmingham and loughborough Any offers so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1998RF)
    I have received offers from Nottingham and Keele for History within a couple of days, but have also applied for Birmingham, Sheffield and York. Does anyone know how long they generally take - I am just wanting to know if I've been accepted or rejected asap (at least by Christmas!).
    Hiya, I got my Sheffield offer within around 2 weeks (also for history), and my friend got her York offer in a couple of days, but that was for philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the IB here? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuttyHistorian)
    Hopefully so. If you don't mind me asking, as you're a prospective history student also, what interested you in the course?
    Hey, sorry i'm so late replying to this:

In all honesty, I just like the look of all the modules, haha. I can't think of a one I wouldn't be enthusiastic to do, tbh. Besides, when I went on the open day, I was just generally impressed with the university itself -- particularly the library. What about you?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.