Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    How's everyone else doing?
    Meh, got offers from Bristol and UCL, rejected from Oxford (rest in peace), waiting for King's and LSE.

Depending on whether LSE rejects me or not, I see myself ultimately firming UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    GCSE: A*A*AAAABBB
    AS: AAAA
    Applied early October, LNAT 19th October.

Rejected from LSE (because of GCSE's), UCL (because of LNAT). Offer from S'oton. Waiting on Bristol and Cambridge.

Hoping on Bristol, but UCL rejecting me on the basis of the LNAT is worrying me.

How's everyone else doing?
    What were your A2 grades ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Meh, got offers from Bristol and UCL, rejected from Oxford (rest in peace), waiting for King's and LSE.

Depending on whether LSE rejects me or not, I see myself ultimately firming UCL
    That's not a bad thing. UCL has a very good law school.

(Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    What were your A2 grades ?
    Haven't finished A2. Predicted 3 A*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    Congrats they're great offers!!

When did you get an offer from Bristol and what was the offer?
    Hi! Thanks! I'm so excite!

My Bristol offer is 3As or an A*, A and a B.

My Bristol offer came through on the 17th December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    Hi. What were your GCSE grades?
    Hi

9A* 3As

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    That's not a bad thing. UCL has a very good law school.
    You're right - my dream was always to study somewhere in London, so I guess that I should stop being so pessimistic and appreciate that UCL has both good teaching and excellent graduate prospects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollaPulchra197)
    Hi! Thanks! I'm so excite!

My Bristol offer is 3As or an A*, A and a B.

My Bristol offer came through on the 17th December
    Well done that's s great

Can I ask what you were predicted? and when you sent your application off and did your LNAT?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    What were your predicted grades?
    I'm applying as a mature student as I am completing an undergrad degree in English from Durham. They've predicted a high 2:1 for me. Other than that, in class12, I managed to get a 97% in the Indian Board exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    My LNAT went down the drain too I applied to KCL and durham too :"(
    Best of luck!! I think we really need it.

(Original post by Ruby17)
    My LNAT went down the drain too I applied to KCL and durham too :"(
    (Original post by Kingston97)
    May i ask when did you send that email ? Because i am really worry about King's as well in terms of my LNAT score But my friends got rejected and my other friends and myself are still waiting which is weird
    (Original post by Varya)
    Best of luck!! I think we really need it.
    what happened on the day of your LNAT? did you do the sample tests regularly beforehand? were you sick or did not enough sufficient food prior to the exam?

(Original post by JohnGreek)
    I think I saw somewhere that UCL and King's have the same MCQ average score for their offer holders - it was 25/42 a couple of years ago. However, King's uses the LNAT MCQ as a minimum cut-off point, whereas UCL tends to focus more on the essay... Don't take my word for it - browse the LNAT threads here and see what people are saying
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    I emailed them before and they said that if you score below 26, you are 'unlikely to be offered a place'

yes. kings and nottingham have a cut off point policy. so no matter how good your AS or predicted A2 grades are, if an applicant has an LNAT score that is below a certain score, that person will be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else applied for Cambridge law and waiting for decisions on the 12th??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzzler)
    I am, mate, what college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    Well done that's s great

Can I ask what you were predicted? and when you sent your application off and did your LNAT?
    Thanks
    Thanks! I'm predicted A*, 2As, but honestly I think the A* is pushing it. I sent my application off on around the 13th October ( as I remember) and I had done my LNAT already on 16th September. I wanted to get it out the way, and I think that was a good idea. I liked my LNAT, didn't think it went too badly. Is that what you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    I am, mate, what college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    trinity college, you?? and how did your interview go do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm predicted A*, 2As, but honestly I think the A* is pushing it. I sent my application off on around the 13th October ( as I remember) and I had done my LNAT already on 16th September. I wanted to get it out the way, and I think that was a good idea. I liked my LNAT, didn't think it went too badly. Is that what you guys think?
    We have the same predictions and the same feeling about our predictions haha!

Thank you for telling me all this, and yes I thought the LNAT was okay not amazing but not terrible!

ReputationRep:
    I am!
    How are you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I have offers from Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool to study Law and German next year. Waiting to hear back from UCL. AS Grades - 4 As.

Anyone here an Oriel College Oxford Law offer holder?? Would love to speak to fellow prospective students!!
    HEEEYYYYY HIGHH FIVEEEE! I've been searching for oriel law candidates since I found I got the offer!! Tell me alllllll about you!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    For people that applied to UCL, What were your AS grades?
    AABC (dropped the C)
    Retaking the AS to make my B go a little higher as I've been predicted something around A*A*A I think. Not one hundred percent sure as my school won't tell us ugh

ReputationRep:
    Me too! How did you find the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeonh)
    I am!
    How are you feeling?
    I am a law applicant too! How do you feel? How was your interview?

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.