Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JianW)
    Got an offer from Edinburgh yesterday! ABB. Im also applying to Cambridge, Bath, Cardiff and UCL.

How's the UCL Task coming along?! Anybody called for interview yet?
    I thought u need AAA for Edinburgh, how did ABB work????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsfly)
    I thought u need AAA for Edinburgh, how did ABB work????
    Depends on how competitive the applications are and personal statements play into it as well surely.

ReputationRep:
    Lol anyone firmed/planning on firming Nottingham 💁🏻

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received a response from Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Just got declined from UCL today after my interview but it's all good Cardiff's got me. So anyone here picking Cardiff as their firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    I will likely reject an offer from Cardiff as i have received my preferred offer. I chose Cardiff as an oddball choice.

Well done on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galanacci)
    Just got declined from UCL today after my interview but it's all good Cardiff's got me. So anyone here picking Cardiff as their firm choice?
    Sorry to hear that. I had my interview on the 9th Feb and still haven't heard. Anyone else still in the same boat??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theocider)
    Sorry to hear that. I had my interview on the 9th Feb and still haven't heard. Anyone else still in the same boat??

Me too, mine was AM aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Hi guys

I have really enjoyed nosing at all your portfolios. It seems like one of the things applicants struggle with (there isn't a lot of great advice in schools/sixth forms).

I'm thinking of putting together a new sticky thread for the Architecture and the Built Environment forum pulling together all your recommendations in this thread about which portfolio sites are best and wondered if any of you would be willing to have your portfolios linked there with the universities you applied and whether you got interviewed/offered.

There's questions here every year about what a good portfolio looks like and there's a real variety in this thread that could help future applicants.

I was thinking of doing this in a month or so when most offers are in - or even better if one of you wants to make the thread and give me a shout I'll sticky it
    Don't often share my work but think it's time for a digital portfolio https://hyarchi.carbonmade.com , hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyarchi)
    Don't often share my work but think it's time for a digital portfolio https://hyarchi.carbonmade.com , hope this helps
    absolutely AMAZING! that is the best portfolio i v ever seen!
    btw r u from Hong Kong?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by JianW)
    Got an offer from Edinburgh yesterday! ABB. Im also applying to Cambridge, Bath, Cardiff and UCL.

How's the UCL Task coming along?! Anybody called for interview yet?
    Good luck! Please let us know if you have any questions about studying at the University of Bath.

Hayden

ReputationRep:
    here is my bartlett task, I had an interview on the 9th feb but haven't heard yet whether i've got an offer. I'm currently transferring all my work from my blogger portfolio to my carbonnade one.

theosyder.carbonmade.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afang02)
    absolutely AMAZING! that is the best portfolio i v ever seen!
    btw r u from Hong Kong?
    Thanks! Yep I'm from Hong Kong, you're from...?

ReputationRep:
    im from China mainland

ReputationRep:
    Im from Hong kong too! What year are you in now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria2698)
    I got an offer!
    Well done! When did you send off your portfolio? I've been waiting over two weeks -_-

ReputationRep:
    here is my bartlett task, I had an interview on the 9th feb but haven't heard yet whether i've got an offer. I'm currently transferring all my work from my blogger portfolio to my carbonnade one.

theosyder.carbonmade.com
    love this.

ReputationRep:

theosyder.carbonmade.com

WOW! You really went all out hey! That's incredible - so much thought process etc must have gone into them! Have you received an offer?
    - I just walked around my house with a sketchpad and a stool aahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    WOW! You really went all out hey! That's incredible - so much thought process etc must have gone into them! Have you received an offer?
    - I just walked around my house with a sketchpad and a stool aahah
    Thanks! No I haven't, I had my interview on the 9th and literally want to go there more than anything. I'm literally refreshing UCAS Track every hour. It is so hard to know what they want and are looking for, but I really liked your task especially the one that seemed from below with the door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Hi guys

I have really enjoyed nosing at all your portfolios. It seems like one of the things applicants struggle with (there isn't a lot of great advice in schools/sixth forms).

I'm thinking of putting together a new sticky thread for the Architecture and the Built Environment forum pulling together all your recommendations in this thread about which portfolio sites are best and wondered if any of you would be willing to have your portfolios linked there with the universities you applied and whether you got interviewed/offered.

There's questions here every year about what a good portfolio looks like and there's a real variety in this thread that could help future applicants.

I was thinking of doing this in a month or so when most offers are in - or even better if one of you wants to make the thread and give me a shout I'll sticky it
    I know you may get this alot, but would you mind giving me feedback on my portfolio?

https://devhalai.carbonmade.com/

Would mean alot, thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.