Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel FP3 exam?
    Very hard
    8.40%
    Hard
    14.14%
    Normal
    31.97%
    Easy
    33.81%
    Very easy
    11.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    I'd say between 85 and 90. This exam was significantly easier than previous ones
    Yeah it was. I don't know how I screwed up that arcothx question. Considering I got 72-75/75 in FP2 and 71-75/ in M2 would that be enough for A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    The question was out of 3 would we get at least one mark do you think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No no u misunderstood me loool our method was 100% correct full marks to be awarded, however u accidentally differentiated cothy wrong and then used wrong identity, so u proved it accidentally, you will get a mark for sure don't know if 2 will be awarded though

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the actual question for the last question? like what both the equations of the planes were

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Yeah it was. I don't know how I screwed up that arcothx question. Considering I got 72-75/75 in FP2 and 71-75/ in M2 would that be enough for A*?
    Both M2 and FP2 were slightly harder than usual, it seems like you have high A*s in both of them... we all know that averages to 90+ with an A in FP3.
    I'm almost a 100% sure you have an A* in further maths

ReputationRep:
    Both M2 and FP2 were slightly harder than usual, it seems like you have high A*s in both of them... we all know that averages to 90+ with an A in FP3.
    I'm almost a 100% sure you have an A* in further maths
    Thank goodness for that. I really don't want to miss my offer. I know that I'm easily capable of achieving an A* but I suck at doing exams lol xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarocMan)
    No no u misunderstood me loool our method was 100% correct full marks to be awarded, however u accidentally differentiated cothy wrong and then used wrong identity, so u proved it accidentally, you will get a mark for sure don't know if 2 will be awarded though
    Aah i understand, hope so , i don't know how i feel like I completely messed up, i have the feeling got aroung 60 hope that'll be at around 70 ums so i can get an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    Aah i understand, hope so , i don't know how i feel like I completely messed up, i have the feeling got aroung 60 hope that'll be at around 70 ums so i can get an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeahh dw that'll be like 77/78UMS I think so u definitely hit that A grade even if u dropped 2marks more worst case scenario, well done and good luck on results day. I know I ****ed up FP2 real bad so A* is out the window, I did so badly that the fact I got A*A* in m3 and fp3 means nothing to the A* in further maths loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Thank goodness for that. I really don't want to miss my offer. I know that I'm easily capable of achieving an A* but I suck at doing exams lol xD
    Today I had an S2 FP3 clash. I started with S2... I thought I was gonna faint and all that, I felt like vomiting, I was so exhausted (I've had 11 exams altogether this month)
    I wanted to get up and leave..
    Then I ate a bar of chocolate.
    Hopefully I got full UMS
    My secret is: CHOCOLATE

ReputationRep:
    Today I had an S2 FP3 clash. I started with S2... I thought I was gonna faint and all that, I felt like vomiting, I was so exhausted (I've had 11 exams altogether this month)
    I wanted to get up and leave..
    Then I ate a bar of chocolate.
    Hopefully I got full UMS
    My secret is: CHOCOLATE
    I had the same clash and I sat at the wrong table twice! I was so tired and didn't eat anything for breakfast...that was wise of me. Normally got full ums on past papers...

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember their answer for q5 last part
    We needed to work out the coordinates of y on the hyperbola from intersection of normal and asymptotes ?
    And the marks for this part

ReputationRep:
    Does someone remember the last question - I mean the equations in the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.green)
    Can anyone remember their answer for q5 last part
    We needed to work out the coordinates of y on the hyperbola from intersection of normal and asymptotes ?
    And the marks for this part
    125/15 -(32/15)root2 something like that

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get out of 5?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  492.0 KBthe arrow is the last thing I wrote

ReputationRep:
    Would this paper let 74 raw marks to be full ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisidialu)
    Would this paper let 74 raw marks to be full ums?
    really doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Would 67-69 be enough for 84 ums ( what I need for a* further )

Do you think grade boundaries could be 66 for A, 70 A*??

June 2012 had those boundaries but I thought this was harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olymedeus)
    Would 67-69 be enough for 84 ums ( what I need for a* further )

Do you think grade boundaries could be 66 for A, 70 A*??

June 2012 had those boundaries but I thought this was harder
    I'd feel more comfortable with 69 for the A*, it was a straightforward paper I feel but I sort of ran out of time because of that last vectors question which I think I got wrong and the reduction formulae question was quite difficult for 3 marks. I know a few people who think they messed quite it up quite a bit but GBs are hard to predict :P Shouldn't be higher than 70 though hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Instead of 2/3arctan(e^x/3) + C I ended up with 1/6arctan(e^x) as I divided by 2 instead of taking 2 out of the integral. How many marks do you think I'll get out of 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olymedeus)
    How many marks would I get out of 5?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  492.0 KBthe arrow is the last thing I wrote
    drop 2?

swag, I've got the same board

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.