Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BestBarNone)
    Hi guys - this is my first year applying for pupillage and I was wondering if someone could could explain what shortlisted means on gateway? Does it just mean under consideration? What will it change to if I progress to interview?

Thanks
    29 Bedford???

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes! Any idea what is going on?

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes! Any idea what is going on?
    I don't want to burst any bubbles but until you get the invite. Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I didn't get my hopes up I just presumed there was a glitch on PG! What does it normally say when they are considering your application/moving forward to interview?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I didn't get my hopes up I just presumed there was a glitch on PG! What does it normally say when they are considering your application/moving forward to interview?
    Sorry haha. Yeah it'll say first round interview usually. Or offer or something.

ReputationRep:
    I got confirmation but nothing else - I suppose it's not even been two weeks yet. Not sure how long these things take?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Deans Court? I've sent them various emails and received no reply, starting to think it is rejection by silence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    Has anyone heard anything from Deans Court? I've sent them various emails and received no reply, starting to think it is rejection by silence.
    I've not heard anything either, if that helps! I didn't get confirmation either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawatoxbridge)
    I've not heard anything either, if that helps! I didn't get confirmation either.
    Thanks! I did get a confirmation from an Alice Glover, but when I emailed her to ask for an update I got an email back saying she no longer works there ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gettothebar)
    I hope everyone is relieved now that the gateway applications have closed... now we all just have to wait in eager anticipation.
    Could anyone else who interviewed with 4KBW please let me know if you have heard back at all? Three weeks running they have told me that we will be given a final decision "by the end of the week" and I am still to hear a peep.
    Yeah I got first reserve

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else received an interview offer from 9 Park Place? They haven't indicated what the format is (tried asking), and this is my first pupillage interview so unsure what to expect!

ReputationRep:
    Cecz123, did you get your interview offer from 9 Park Place by email or letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SevenAteNine)
    I know I'm a bit of a stickler, but since 2009 the thread has been called:

"The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 201x"

Could it be labelled as such please? This just makes it easier to keep an eye out for when looking on TSR.
    I think you'll find it's only adopted that precise format since 2010 :-)

ReputationRep:
    Just received confirmation from No5 for receipt of my application - had to ask for confirmation but looks like it went through for those of you who had problems with their system. Might be worth emailing though to double check!

ReputationRep:
    9 Park Place interviews are out? Was this email/call/letter? Sorry I'm just not going to be at my home for a few days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PupilLAD)
    9 Park Place interviews are out? Was this email/call/letter? Sorry I'm just not going to be at my home for a few days
    Email - a few days ago. They seem pretty speedy, it was only a couple of days after I applied.

ReputationRep:
    My OPLAS application on the Gateway still says 'Applied'. Is that bad? Has anyone else's application status changed? Shouldn't it change to 'Under consideration' if my application was being considered? I know it's only been a week but some advice would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This must be a wind up. OLPAS? It hasn't been OLPAS for a while.

If it's not a wind up, don't worry - applications will be on 'applied' for at least a month or so. Most Chambers don't use 'under consideration', it goes straight from applied to 'first interview'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pupil, it's not a wind up, it's my first time using the new system. Thanks for the info, that's reassuring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One other question pupil12, the longer it remains on 'Applied' is that indicative of one being shortlisted? Would they just reject you within a few weeks if you're not being considered or would a rejected application remain on 'Applied' until a pupil is selected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.