Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] watch

ReputationRep:
    What about the -88 one for 9b, why do ou reject it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    Core 1 was apparantly really hard (fun now about core 2). Core 3 was terrible. Lord help up for core 4. My only hope is getting 100 ums in stats2 to pull up my grade to an A.

I was aiming for a* yesterday and now I'm trying to maintain my A. That's how bad that paper was for me
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Can we all try and remember what the questions were in what order so I can try and go through and see if I actually got any marks whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    fkin found it, its on here if anyone needs it u skets xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://freeexampapers.com/exam-paper...MPC4-W-SQP.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahuduElec)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you put it back into sec(2x-70)-tan(2x-70) it doesn't give you -5, so -21.3 is the only right answer

ReputationRep:
    Probably got a u, goodbye university

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It results in a negative tan, which doesn't fit the first two equations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtebbbs)
    If you put it back into sec(2x-70)-tan(2x-70) it doesn't give you -5, so -21.3 is the only right answer
    That's really 'cheeky' of them if true, but I swear it said 'solutions'

ReputationRep:
    Just checked it on my calc, yh u get - 0.2 when you sub in - 88,fs, that's another mark gone, 64-68 is its.

I dont see why it's obvious to reject the - 88, is there a way to spot that other than subbing it in?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundary for an A will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    What do you think the grade boundary for an A will be?
    56?

ReputationRep:
    Just checked it on my calc, yh u get - 0.2 when you sub in - 88,fs, that's another mark gone, 64-68 is its.

I dont see why it's obvious to reject the - 88, is there a way to spot that other than subbing it in?
    Oh **** really
    Well then lol

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-g...aries-for-mpc3
    Please sign this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Oh **** really
    Well then lol
    Yh i was certain it said solutions, so I assumed it would have two solutions for 3 marks. What a **** question on the whole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValerieKR)
    It results in a negative tan, which doesn't fit the first two equations
    Why doesn't a negative tan fit? Sounds right, just wondering why it's right?

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't a negative tan fit? Sounds right, just wondering why it's right?
    We have secx + tanx and a secx-tanx subtracting second from first gives 2tanx= 4.8, 4.8>0
    Also notice that when you sub the -88.something in you get -0.2 which is the one that isn't the one you want (one with the opposite tan sign) (sum rather than difference or vice versa)
    (details of which is which are lost on me)

ReputationRep:
    Yh i was certain it said solutions, so I assumed it would have two solutions for 3 marks. What a **** question on the whole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't doubt whether it satisfied the equations because it was trig question... Like trig questions always have multiple solutions
    And I agree it said solutions in plural lol

ReputationRep:
    Could've calculated the rate of change of my grade expectations during the duration of the paper and probably got more marks than I actually did attempting questions

ReputationRep:
    i can shake it like it's hot sauce
    fast cars leaves the cops lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I didn't doubt whether it satisfied the equations because it was trig question... Like trig questions always have multiple solutions
    And I agree it said solutions in plural lol
    I hope they allow them both in the mark scheme
    Have they ever done anything similar?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.