Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randoms132)
    Do you by any chance Remember the name of the molecule? I need to find out because i re counted at least 3 times and i was pretty sure :-(
    Lidocaine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OloMed)
    For the 6 mark Buffer question, did anyone get a pH of 4.56???

I subtracted moles of OH- added from the salt concentration, not sure if its right
    theres was a 6 mark buffer question? since when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    get me an OR because i think i have a brain aneurism
    I need my MVP Bokhee as my scrub nurse on this cuz sh*t just got real

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OloMed)
    For the 6 mark Buffer question, did anyone get a pH of 4.56???

I subtracted moles of OH- added from the salt concentration, not sure if its right
    Was there a 6 mark Buffer question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Capsicle102)
    I swear it was a tertiary alcohol? If you look at this, this was 7 hydrogen environments, whereas there were only 5 peaks, indicating 5 hydrogen environments, which the tertiary alcohol had. In any case, I have seen questions like this on OCR, so even if you get the structure wrong, you only lose 1 mark - they want to see how you work it out, not whether or not you reach the answer, so so long as you wrote out all your workings you'll still get like 8 marks
    it can't be tertiary because it said it was oxidised in the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevesteve12)
    Any chance the last question was unanswerable? It ldnt be the first time theyd messed a paper up. Has anyone got a correct answer yet?
    Possibly! I kept get 12 H's instead of 14. Also did the spectrum show that it was a carboxylic acid whereas the individual peaks showed the O-H to be separate from the C=O

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to the question about 2 chiral carbons and stuff??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Attachment 549959 This was the answer to the last question.. (I got it wrong and drew it as a tertiary alcohol:/
    The integration value of 6 with the CH3 included the one on the left..)
    How many marks would I loose for tertiary alcohol? I'd imagine 1 for not mentioning it having to be primary or secondary, 1 for wrong product and 2 probably for an error in my working that showed a segment of R-C(CH3)2OH..
    So most likely -3/4 what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The ch3 on the left would have a different value of chemical shift, so this can't be the case, as the groups aren't equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suits101)
    There may be different answers, but from my notes:

[ClCH2COCl]+* -> [COCl]+ (37Cl) + [ClCH2]* (35 Cl)
    Okay so mine looked like this: ClCH2COCl+* = ClCH2O*(35Cl) + Cl*(37)

Probs wrong

ReputationRep:
    I couldve sworn it was 8 peaks

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the fragmentation one of the cl with 37 and 35 mass, did u have to state which one was the cl with mass of 35 and which one with maas of 37 becausw there was only one combination you could really get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrypower)
    Lidocaine
    What did you write for
    Why is lidocaine hydrochloride rather than lidocaine preferred to be used in medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jojojuice)
    Possibly! I kept get 12 H's instead of 14. Also did the spectrum show that it was a carboxylic acid whereas the individual peaks showed the O-H to be separate from the C=O
    No the spectrum showed it was an alcohol. And there was no C=O peak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jojojuice)
    there wasn't a c=o? there was no c=o absorption in the infrared spectrum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarimaKauser)
    Good one😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phew!! Hopefully, we will have got it correct

ReputationRep:
    The first chemistry exam I was wearing novelty Christmas socks and they accidentally went off playing Christmas tunes. The examiner had to confiscate my socks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muzzbuzzyhahaha)
    What did you write for
    Why is lidocaine hydrochloride rather than lidocaine preferred to be used in medicine?
    for this one i guessed last minute and said it had ionic bonding which is stronger than hydrogen bonding so the compound doesn't break down as easily. probably totally wrong had absolutely no clue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hclarke9)
    Unfortunately, no hahaha
    Shame! Well I'm glad I've spoken to someone else with the same name! Where abouts are you from then?

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty confident that the answer to the Cnmr question was 9..until I came on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Was there a 6 mark Buffer question??
    Yeah, it was easy though, end of Q3. Nah, only joking lol, relax

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.