Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Powerful tromboning!
    lol i was shadebathing and it suddenly buzzed with pikachu and i was like "oh"
    "oh - that's nice"
    #:pika:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    OK guys, need to ask. Are Horseas hard to find at a high level. Just caught my fourth one (out of 4) at level 10... (There's a little shop where the spawn regularly near my house where I go semi-regularely to catch new Pokemon, that and the park seems to have quite a few good Pokemon, noticed some Pidgeots and Seakings there today).
    I have a 347 horsea I caught so I don't think they're that rare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    The game kinda sucks without the tracking, or Pokevision to fall back on. I only started using Pokevision because of the 3 step glitch. I was more than content with the original tracking system before that, and I wouldn't have complained if Niantic had moved to shut down Pokevision after they'd fixed the bugs in the game. But to do it now is a really poor decision.

I live outside of town and decent Pokemon spawns are few and far between. So with nothing to indicate which direction to walk in when something good does pop-up, it feels pointless even trying. In a town centre where Pokestops are plentiful and Pokemon pop up frequently, there's at least something to gain from walking around aimlessly, whether you find your intended target or not. But outside of town you can walk in the complete opposite direction of the only good Pokemon for miles around and have no idea.

Niantic's complete silence these past couple of weeks has been shocking. I wish they'd at least acknowledge these issues, and give us even the vaguest of updates on when/whether we can expect to see them fixed. I mean, is the tracking system gone forever or what?
    Niantic employ less than 50 people (and have a bunch of vacancies atm including community manager). No one expected the game to be as huge as it has become- it's no wonder they're struggling to cope with demand as well as bug fixing and comms.

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    omg!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    tell me which pub
    This one.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    This one.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    *takes flu powder*
    BRB with another pikachu guys

ReputationRep:
    Will say if anyone lives around Slough high street, there is (or was, not sure with current update) a squirtle nest because I find squirtles semi-regularly if I'm in the area. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Niantic employ less than 50 people (and have a bunch of vacancies atm including community manager). No one expected the game to be as huge as it has become- it's no wonder they're struggling to cope with demand as well as bug fixing and comms.
    I think most people would accept that. They haven't said that though.

Seriously, a "We're aware of and working on the tracking bug" on their twitter would do. They've literally said nothing, not a word, on any of the issues since the game was released. I've never known a company to close themselves off from its customers like this.

I will wait as long as it takes, the game's great, just tell us what's going on. People are devoting time and money to something that currently isn't working, it's the least they could do. It'd be a shame if people felt forced to give up on the game this early, as it has so much potential to grow beyond what it currently is.

ReputationRep:
    Damn the gyms in London have some really high pokemon..

How many evolutions should I have ready before I use a lucky egg? The evo screen must be around 30 seconds so presume a maximum of 60 (doubt I would get that many either).

Is it a waste if I only had 10? Or should I push for more?

ReputationRep:
    The depressing moment when you've only ever hatched two 10km eggs and they've both been Mr. Mime.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    The depressing moment when you've only ever hatched two 10km eggs and they've both been Mr. Mime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    mine was a fkin pidgey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    mine was a fkin pidgey
    I'm so sorry I think I'd genuinely cry if that happened to me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Damn the gyms in London have some really high pokemon..

How many evolutions should I have ready before I use a lucky egg? The evo screen must be around 30 seconds so presume a maximum of 60 (doubt I would get that many either).

Is it a waste if I only had 10? Or should I push for more?
    It depends on the evolutions that you're doing, as well as your level. For example, 10 new evolutions would mean 20k exp and at level 10 that would get you 2 levels. However, at level 23 I need 125k per level so I tend to save up so I can get a decent amount of my level done.

Obviously the more that you build up to use, the better exp you'll gain from the egg, but in the end just do whatever you feel is best at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    It depends on the evolutions that you're doing, as well as your level. For example, 10 new evolutions would mean 20k exp and at level 10 that would get you 2 levels. However, at level 23 I need 125k per level so I tend to save up so I can get a decent amount of my level done.

Obviously the more that you build up to use, the better exp you'll gain from the egg, but in the end just do whatever you feel is best at the time.
    Good point, I didn't give much info!

Currently at level 7 so will get my first lucky egg at level 9. I've already started trying to hoard pidgey/weedle/caterpie since they only need 12 candies but I'll probably also be able to evolve a few 25 candies required pokemon.

I've got almost 13 evolutions ready (will have by the time I'm level 9). So I guess I'm only going to get 1-1.5 levels out of that..

I think I'll hoard more on the basis of your advice! Better to double up more rather than rushing (which in the longer term would actually mean more work for me).

ReputationRep:
    Just got a Porygon!

Shame I'm only level 8 which means it's CP 320 but still pretty cool for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Just got a Porygon!

Shame I'm only level 8 which means it's CP 320 but still pretty cool for me
    Where did u catch it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only hatched one so far and am leaving my other one and any future ones for when I'm a higher level.

Kinda got an Eevee in my first 10km egg... Nothing special.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    Where did u catch it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Central London. At one point I could see 19 lured pokestops in the distance but there was one near me and it randomly showed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Only hatched one so far and am leaving my other one and any future ones for when I'm a higher level. * Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the eggs are set to the level you collected them at (ie if you keep them for higher levels then they hatch at the level you got it at)!

My boyfriend did this and ended up with a 20CP chansey 😂*

ReputationRep:
    Got the following new Pokemon today: Dratini, Growlithe, Lickitung, Mankey and Machop.
    Also have enough candies to evolve Horsea, Slowpoke and Psyduck, but I'm going to wait until I get another Tentacool and then evolve them all at once with my lucky egg.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry I think I'd genuinely cry if that happened to me :lol:
    I've still yet to come across a 10km egg. I've seen plenty of 5km + 2km eggs. :bawling: I'm lvl9 btw. wbu?

(Original post by tomtjl)

I thought you get 500 xp per evolution so if a lucky egg is used you'll get 1k xp not 2k

(Original post by DarkMagic)
    Got the following new Pokemon today: Dratini, Growlithe, Lickitung, Mankey and Machop.
    Also have enough candies to evolve Horsea, Slowpoke and Psyduck, but I'm going to wait until I get another Tentacool and then evolve them all at once with my lucky egg.
    So jealous of those 3 pokemons.

Why you do this to me? @PokemonGO :shakecane:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.