Turn on thread page Beta

The Torchwood Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Jack was naked for longer in that episode than he has in the previous two series XD

And it's funny how Gwen gave him a jacket when he was still handcuffed XD

And they'll probably just rebuild the base between now and next season, or magically have it rebuilt over the next few days. Or maybe theres a second base even deeper? We know that it goes on for AGES from when Ianto had his Girlfriend hidden down there (Lisa?).

But what about Torchwood Water Tower T_T The Rift Manipulator?
    It's all very confusing. But, you know, they must have fixed it as I was in Cardiff not so long ago and all was okay

I did think it was weird how she gave him the jacket, but weirder still that next episode he seems to be wearing his old outfit again. He must get so sick of practically always wearing the same thing... but where does he get it all from? Maybe he left one at Ianto's or something...

ReputationRep:
    Well, his daughter goes all G.I Jane in the next episode by the looks of it (seriously, first the Doctor's Daughter is a badass who can regenerate and then steals a spaceship with the promise to return, and now Jack's Daughter is going all combat ... let's just hope she doesn't backflip through a laser field!)

But yeah, the minor characters are getting in to it now If the climax of tonight's episode is the light coming down and the 456 appearing in the box, I will be slightly annoyed. ESPECIALLY if all you see of them is a shadowy figure on the glass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Jack was naked for longer in that episode than he has in the previous two series XD

And it's funny how Gwen gave him a jacket when he was still handcuffed XD

And they'll probably just rebuild the base between now and next season, or magically have it rebuilt over the next few days. Or maybe theres a second base even deeper? We know that it goes on for AGES from when Ianto had his Girlfriend hidden down there (Lisa?).

But what about Torchwood Water Tower T_T The Rift Manipulator?
    Eve Myles said she was going to miss the hub in a backstage clip on the Torchwood website, so I don't think there's any chance of a rebuild.

ReputationRep:
    I tought Torchwood was the adult and different version of DR WHO, not the same show? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eqiVOCAL?)
    Eve Myles said she was going to miss the hub in a backstage clip on the Torchwood website, so I don't think there's any chance of a rebuild.
    Oh no... I love the hub...

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the "Up close with Eve Myles" clip just now, and I got the impression she meant she will miss that set, because they're probably going to redesign it now that it has been blown up - like they are redesigning the TARDIS set for Matt Smith (at least that's what I heard). It's because she has many memories of that particular set for the hub, and to change it would give it a different atmosphere - the end of an era.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll stay in the same location because of the rift and the big rift monster. Do you think Grey's body was blown up? What happened to the big metal trolly that Jack was on in the cell? I didn't see it in the quarry! And do you think that the destruction of the hub could lead to other problems like the unlocking of a Time War?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eqiVOCAL?)
    I think they'll stay in the same location because of the rift and the big rift monster. Do you think Grey's body was blown up? What happened to the big metal trolly that Jack was on in the cell? I didn't see it in the quarry! And do you think that the destruction of the hub could lead to other problems like the unlocking of a Time War?
    :eek3: So many questions, so few episodes left! :o:

ReputationRep:
    I doubt anything in Torchwood would really affect what happens in Doctor Who. The Rift is basically a wormhole, isn't it? It connects two points in Space-time, or possibly more points. But yeah, I doubt Abaddon will make a comeback (but I want Billis to come back Come back to us cravat man!) and Gray's body would be quite deep (like I said earlier, the hub goes quite deep, so I presume it'd be safe.)

Did anyone go "It's a Quarry!" when they drove in to the quarry? XD There's just something magical about quarries in the Whoniverse.

ReputationRep:
    If the 456 turn out to be Daleks, I'm going to personally hunt down and kill RTD.

And I'd have thought an explosion on top of a, frankly quite unstable, rift in space and time would cause some havoc. Guess they just wanna push on with the story though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    If the 456 turn out to be Daleks, I'm going to personally hunt down and kill RTD.

And I'd have thought an explosion on top of a, frankly quite unstable, rift in space and time would cause some havoc. Guess they just wanna push on with the story though.
    Funny you should mention the Daleks as my 12 yr old son also thinks that the 456 are them too! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Funny you should mention the Daleks as my 12 yr old son also thinks that the 456 are them too! :eek:
    Does he feel the same about RTD as me? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Does he feel the same about RTD as me? :awesome:
    I dont think so, he doesnt have a clue who RTD is. He just gets in to the story line and seems to forget that its not real, bless him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I dont think so, he doesnt have a clue who RTD is. He just gets in to the story line and seems to forget that its not real, bless him.
    Awwww, I was hoping there was a mini-Din running around somewhere :sad:

Although I do sometimes get way too involved in these things and forget the part where it's all fictional :awesome:

ReputationRep:

I'd hate it to be the daleks, also.

ReputationRep:
    It wont be the Daleks. I'm pretty sure they stated once that the Daleks and The Doctor will never appear in Torchwood. I'm thinking they will probably be humanoid, with some sort of transformation in to their true form (wings, teeth and claws seems like a good thing XD)

ReputationRep:
    WHAT??! NOOOOOO! What did he DO?!

ReputationRep:
    I think they look like bugs :P

And, I think Jack either did what he thought was right... or he happened to be bad at that point... but I'm thinking it was what he thought to be right... as it was that time that he was with his daughter's mother, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    I think they look like bugs :P

And, I think Jack either did what he thought was right... or he happened to be bad at that point... but I'm thinking it was what he thought to be right... as it was that time that he was with his daughter's mother, I think.
    He must have had a daughter of his own at that point... How COULD he??! They probably promised to leave if they could have those children (they said the aliens had proved they weren't trustworthy) and threatened to do worse if they refused. But still... It's such an abhorrant idea!

ReputationRep:
    Certainly better than season 2......this is soo coool love how its everynight in one week......only bad point that if ur on holiday this week and next week you'll have to wait for the DVD!!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.