The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Can I get some thoughts on my team? I'm thinking of maybe dropping Costa and Courtois for cheaper options and then upgrading Tadic/Snodgrass to Sanchez.

Attachment 583434
    Sort out your keepers. Jaku doesn't start anymore, so swap for Pickford. I'm happy with Pickford every game so I've gone Pickford + Jaku.

Bony has great fixtures coming up. Benteke also popular. Could downgrade Mane, but as MisterDead says, it's a huge lottery (which is justification for a downgrade tbh).*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Sort out your keepers. Jaku doesn't start anymore, so swap for Pickford. I'm happy with Pickford every game so I've gone Pickford + Jaku.

Bony has great fixtures coming up. Benteke also popular. Could downgrade Mane, but as MisterDead says, it's a huge lottery (which is justification for a downgrade tbh).*
    Yeah, keepers need to change as Courtois isn't good value atm and Jaku isn't playing, but it isn't a priority, yet.

I'll wait for Wilf to get a goal before I consider putting him in, but Benteke is an option. I'm also considering Rashford, Defoe or Diomande (allowing me to adopt a strong 442).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, keepers need to change as Courtois isn't good value atm and Jaku isn't playing, but it isn't a priority, yet.

I'll wait for Wilf to get a goal before I consider putting him in, but Benteke is an option. I'm also considering Rashford, Defoe or Diomande (allowing me to adopt a strong 442).
    Games like Stoke are where you want Rashford but it's very unlikely he'll start. I'd go Defoe tbh to give you the extra option.

And sorry, for some reason thought you were on WC. Courtois to Pickford isn't too bad and then use money another week.

No Baines this week, but have to ditch KDB instead. Didn't do too well with WC. Ibra (c) this week. Will kill it.

ReputationRep:
    Games like Stoke are where you want Rashford but it's very unlikely he'll start. I'd go Defoe tbh to give you the extra option.

And sorry, for some reason thought you were on WC. Courtois to Pickford isn't too bad and then use money another week.

No Baines this week, but have to ditch KDB instead. Didn't do too well with WC. Ibra (c) this week. Will kill it.
    Really? I'd have thought Rashford would start this weekend, even with him playing tonight.

Straight swap KDB for Sanchez or are you going for something more tactile?

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on captain this week?

Normally it's always Aguero but City are up against Spurs who have the best defence in the league...

Can't decided between Sanchez (Burnley A) or Costa (Hull A).
    Will probably go Sanchez because although Burnley concede less goals than Hull, Arsenal are doing great.
    Can't trust Chelsea at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Thoughts on captain this week?

Normally it's always Aguero but City are up against Spurs who have the best defence in the league...

Can't decided between Sanchez (Burnley A) or Costa (Hull A).
    Will probably go Sanchez because although Burnley concede less goals than Hull, Arsenal are doing great.
    Can't trust Chelsea at the moment...
    Can't trust
    Lot of away games for the bigger teams this week it seems. I've gone with Firmino :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Don't see sanchez as any better an option than Aguero this week, and kun has pens so I think he's comfortably ahead.

That said, I'll be at turf moor Sunday and so may have to (c) Sanchez simply to prevent my game being ruined if he goes nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Don't see sanchez as any better an option than Aguero this week, and kun has pens so I think he's comfortably ahead.

That said, I'll be at turf moor Sunday and so may have to (c) Sanchez simply to prevent my game being ruined if he goes nuts
    As good as City are, you can't argue how solid Spurs have been.
    You also can't argue about how good Arsenal look going forward.

Captaining Sanchez over Aguero is clearly the logical choice, but we all know how randomly the latter can bag a brace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    As good as City are, you can't argue how solid Spurs have been.
    You also can't argue about how good Arsenal look going forward.

Captaining Sanchez over Aguero is clearly the logical choice, but we all know how randomly the latter can bag a brace.
    I've seen Burnley completely stifle two decent teams at home recently. Arsenal have it in them to thrash anyone, but when I weigh that up against kun's individual ability there's only one winner. I trust him more than I trust Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Burnley completely stifle two decent teams at home recently. Arsenal have it in them to thrash anyone, but when I weigh that up against kun's individual ability there's only one winner. I trust him more than I trust Arsenal
    Oh don't get me wrong, Aguero is the best striker in the premier league. My concern isn't with him or City, it's with Spurs. Can you see them conceding more than a goal or two, even to a side as good as City?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Oh don't get me wrong, Aguero is the best striker in the premier league. My concern isn't with him or City, it's with Spurs. Can you see them conceding more than a goal or two, even to a side as good as City?
    Both those games look as though they might be settled with 1 or 2 goals. Spurs have conceded once at home, Burnley twice. I expect very stubborn games on both fronts. Worth noting that since 10th September, Burnley have played half as many games (3) as City, Spurs and Arsenal.

Kun has had a nice little break.

The obvious thing to do here is go elsewhere. Seriously considering luk

ReputationRep:
    Both those games look as though they might be settled with 1 or 2 goals. Spurs have conceded once at home, Burnley twice. I expect very stubborn games on both fronts. Worth noting that since 10th September, Burnley have played half as many games (3) as City, Spurs and Arsenal.

Kun has had a nice little break.

The obvious thing to do here is go elsewhere. Seriously considering luk
    I'm thinking about Costa since he's my only big differential to my brother and Chelsea are against Hull.
    Hull have been shipping goals but I don't know if I can trust Chelsea...

ReputationRep:
    Is Lukaku on pens in Baines absence?

ReputationRep:
    Takes out shaw to afford ozil upgrade to Sanchez. Puts in a Watford defender whose status changes to doubtful a few hours later. #fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    Takes out shaw to afford ozil upgrade to Sanchez. Puts in a Watford defender whose status changes to doubtful a few hours later. #fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did pretty much the same thing

Took a hit to bring in Sanchez and Allen for KDB and Fer, only to see Allen's status change to 75%
    At least he's a sub though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I did pretty much the same thing

Took a hit to bring in Sanchez and Allen for KDB and Fer, only to see Allen's status change to 75%
    At least he's a sub though...
    He might still play. But I have no defenders to come in Kingsley stopped playing. Gonna have to sit tight and fix it next week. Hits for defenders aren't worth it. Unless to afford someone else. And mirallas might not start either but de room can come in. Everton away next week to Man City anyways next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? I'd have thought Rashford would start this weekend, even with him playing tonight.

Straight swap KDB for Sanchez or are you going for something more tactile?
    Can't afford it because I had no intention of doing it.

I need advice. Baines and KDB to Sanchez and 4.9 (likely to be Lovren) for -4 or KDB to any non-Sanchez mid for free? Coutinho or Walcott probs.*

ReputationRep:

I need advice. Baines and KDB to Sanchez and 4.9 (likely to be Lovren) for -4 or KDB to any non-Sanchez mid for free? Coutinho or Walcott probs.*
    I feel like an Arsenal player is a must and Sanchez gets started up front too much to pass up.

I took a -4 hit to get Sanchez in.
    Lovren isn't terrible - Liverpool aren't amazing defensively but we're getting better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I feel like an Arsenal player is a must and Sanchez gets started up front too much to pass up.

I took a -4 hit to get Sanchez in.
    Lovren isn't terrible - Liverpool aren't amazing defensively but we're getting better.
    Is Lovren good long term for starts? A little concerned tbh.

ReputationRep:

Sanchez, whilst playing at striker, is too good to pass up imo.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.