Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Queens' has the toffee shop just around the corner :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eve was framed)
    I know, I'm trying to imagine what life is like when you dont live right by the beach, I see the sea (haha:cool: ) everyday :yep: I think I'm going to miss that.
    Wales is so freaking beautiful. I'm going to take pictures from my window and print them on A4 paper to stick on my wall. I'll miss the mountains. :love: That said, my village isn't so idyllic at the moment. Weird stuff has happened this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [mellifluous])
    A bit of everything really!
    Woooooooo and AHHHHHHHHHH and eeeeeeeeeeeek!
    xxx
    Have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I feel so jealous of the people going up early - I can't wait. :woo:
    I'm surprised with Christ's reputation that they aren't asking you to come up earlier so they can get you working!!:p:

ReputationRep:
    I started fiddling with my computer, installing Windows with Linux.... and accidentally corrupted my hard drive...

I really must stop trying to fiddle with program files, etc. this is now the fifth time this year that I've had to reinstall everything... sigh.. and because of that... I missed a whole evening of this thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    *shakes head* You guys are far too intellectual - while I've seen most of these films, my favourite german film will always be 'Der Schuh Des Manitu' by Herbig. (Sadly, it's in Bayrisch, so not accessible for non-German speakers ) Good though.

Oh, on a more intelligent note, there's a new one coming out I really wanted to see - it's called 'The Wave' in english. Anyone heard of/seen it?
    That does look quite good. All the German films I've seems are pretty heavy going. Although i do love Das Leben der Anderen. That reminds me I have Die Edukators sitting around somewehere and I still havent watched it...
    I havent heard anything about The Wave though Im afraid.

(Original post by ukebert)
    contract, Auction hasn't been used for 50 years or more

If we have lots of people who want to learn bridge (noted btw Gesar) then I suggest that we have a cardathon at some point, playing Hearts, Spades, Whist and Barbu, that kind of thing. From my own experience if you know the play then Bridge doesn't seem nearly as daunting. I've been playing whist based card games since I was 7-ish, so am fairly proficient. I can also teach you some of our family games that nobody else seems to know
    That sounds like fun Although Ive only ever played hearts a few times on the computer and can only play German Whist, but hey ho, i can learn i guess! Plus there are a couple of games i've learnt on various exchanges abroad including a versoin of rummy with two packs of cards and you have to knock on the table. Tis fun

(Original post by sugarlumps.)
    Wales is so freaking beautiful. I'm going to take pictures from my window and print them on A4 paper to stick on my wall. I'll miss the mountains. That said, my village isn't so idyllic at the moment. Weird stuff has happened this week.
    See, to me that sounds so strange but absolutely lovely I live just outside Watford and used to live in London so I couldnt imagine living in a place that is so picturesque. To me, it would make holidays to Scotland or other places less special though. I'm intrigued about this weird stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck mellifluous!

Eurgh, I have to go out and deliver the local paper now It's technically my sister's job, but she's still telling the world that the recently torn ligaments in her foot might tear again if she does anything too strenuous (despite the fact that she is going to lifeguard training instead :rolleyes:) So for the day I'm a 19 year old paper girl

And later... CHAPTER THREE Except I never finished my translation, boooo

I'm not sure they're allowing pointless name changes anymore. Jolly Louis would be an amazing name though. It feels quite in keeping with the whole pirate Facebook thing - "Ooooh arrrr, skewer me hearties Jolly Louis".

Ukebert - I'd love to learn more card games I don't know enough!

ReputationRep:
    Skewer...? Did pirates have skewers? :p:

Have fun paper delivering, I'm sorting out photos to decorate my room with

Also, though you probably won't see this for a while, good luck [mellifluous] :hugs: This applies to anyone else going up early too, of course!

ReputationRep:
    Skewer is poke on pirate Facebook, so I'm assuming they did :p:

My ex bought me a digital photo frame for my birthday so I'm sorted for photos! Just need to upload a few more on to the memory card now - he spent hours trying to pick out the best ones that he had, but because my camera is the main one that's used between our friends I have most of the pictures myself. He got loads from when I was little and family holidays though

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, I can't believe I forgot!!

Good Luck [mellifluous]
    Hope it all goes well and let us know how it all goes

And smilepea, do you go today? If so good luck too!!
    And everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)

My ex bought me a digital photo frame for my birthday so I'm sorted for photos! Just need to upload a few more on to the memory card now - he spent hours trying to pick out the best ones that he had, but because my camera is the main one that's used between our friends I have most of the pictures myself. He got loads from when I was little and family holidays though
    They are such a good idea! I have a sneaky suspicion I have one coming my way on Friday for my borthday too.
    It makes it so much easier than various photo frames!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)

Fair enough Did you know there is going to be a POTC 4 by the way? :woo: My friend text me yesterday- it was in the Bristol Metro (reputed source, obviously ) and Johnny Depp is set to return as Jack Sparrow

That's really lovely :yep: I've got a photo frame that my sisters made for my 18th with pictures from when I was little but no recent photos on display Hence why I'm chosen my favourites from my colossal albums to prettify my room :love: I've had to print them on normal paper though (there's too many to faff with tiny pieces of proper photo paper and I can't change the ink cartridge :eek:), so they are a little bit squinty looking

ReputationRep:
    OMG I love German films, I cried my eyes out in Sophie Scholl, I also like Goodbye Lennin and The Edukators... mainly because Daniel Bruhl :love: is in them.

ANYWAY- the elastic in the waistband of my favourite PJ's broke last night... I'm taking this as a bad omen...
    We watched Sophie Scholl in school (that's hard to type :p:) and we all cried our eyes out, teacher included! You like those films with good reason, in that case

It's not a bad omen, it's just unlucky :yep: Everything will be fine Thanks for reminding me by the way that I need to go through my wardrobe with the sewing kit...I have a feeling there are some buttons missing from clothes and I wanted to take up a couple of my skirts

ReputationRep:
    OMG I love German films, I cried my eyes out in Sophie Scholl, I also like Goodbye Lennin and The Edukators... mainly because Daniel Bruhl :love: is in them.

I actually mentioned him in my GCSE german oral- Daniel Bruhl ist.... schon :yep:

(I dont know how do dots on top and I cant spell their correct name...)

ANYWAY- the elastic in the waistband of my favourite PJ's broke last night... I'm taking this as a bad omen...
    Haha, my friend *loves* Daniel Brühl as well. I did my A2 coursework on Goodbye Lenin so have seen that film far too many times!

Good luck to everyone going up early! :wavey: I'll be joining you on Friday....

ReputationRep:
    I went to go see antonement in the cinema... bad idea, at the end when there is NO MUSIC I let out a huge sob and it was sooooooooo embarrassing and then my friend started laughing hysterically... just bad

Thanx for the reassurance
    I'm really enjoying packing!!! I am taking LOOOOOOOOOOOADS!!!!!:rolleyes:
    I wanted to see that, though I was a bit worried that it would ruin the book (I generally have a policy of reading the book or watching the film, sad as that may be :o:) Giggling hysterically in cinemas is always fun though :giggle:

Quite alrighty I actually like packing too, though I have to be in the right mood to do it otherwise I'm not ruthless enough :no: I'm taking loads too, I wouldn't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well my Mum isnt helping she's like "Oh you need this and this and this and this" whereas in actually fact I dont need any of them.
    I have to go to aerobics with her now.... :eek:

But then we're going shopping (after a shower of course) in Cardiff for a black dress. Yes, Swansea's vast array of shops, namely M+S, Debanhams and Next have let me down
    My mum's like that too- she keeps buying obscure things like shoe polish sponges :giggle: I'm not likely to be using those on my patent shoes!

I've got to get ready for netball really...though I'm not really in a jumping about frame of mind seeing as I'm still half asleep :yawn: Shopping is always good though, I think I'm going on my last shopping trip for bits and pieces on Mon It'll be my last Primark stop for a while though

ReputationRep:
    Lauuuura, i'm not going till tomorrow, which is a good thing as my dad's car is still in the garage even tho they said it would be ready last night and i'm not packed, well if i took everything that is currently packed i would have no clothes, how ever i would be able to wear multiple different shoes with my dressing gown :love: so yer, also my work book isn't done and i've not mounted my photos that i've been meaning to do all summer oopsy

and shopping :love: in a way i think it's quite a good thing that the best shop in my town is a dorethy perkins, as otherwise i'd be pennyless i feel! god knows how i'm going to deal with my H&M addiction in Cam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *stars and stripes*)
    Fair enough Did you know there is going to be a POTC 4 by the way? :woo: My friend text me yesterday- it was in the Bristol Metro (reputed source, obviously ) and Johnny Depp is set to return as Jack Sparrow
    Hmmm, I'm not convinced (yet). While I think there may be another movie in the future, there's nothing about it on any reputable sources - imdb is blank, & the speculation on the disney site ends in 2006... Did the article source itself?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well my Mum isnt helping she's like "Oh you need this and this and this and this" whereas in actually fact I dont need any of them.
    I have to go to aerobics with her now.... :eek:

But then we're going shopping (after a shower of course) in Cardiff for a black dress. Yes, Swansea's vast array of shops, namely M+S, Debanhams and Next have let me down
    Haha, I'm exactly in the same situation, she's arrving on Tuesday night and is telling me that she's bringing a case with her, full of the things I'll "need" , I know that includes a lot of pills for every illness under the sun, but other things that will never leave my case under the bed...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauuuura)
    That does look quite good. All the German films I've seems are pretty heavy going. Although i do love Das Leben der Anderen. That reminds me I have Die Edukators sitting around somewehere and I still havent watched it...
    I havent heard anything about The Wave though Im afraid.
    Das Leben der Anderen must be one of the worst, most self-indulgent films I've ever wasted my time on. Seriously, yes you're getting spied on, you're under a highly oppressive government, what do you expect? Duh.

I like the sound of Die Edukators muchly though, I'm hoping they have it kicking around the MML Dept.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.