OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment Watch

Falcon91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Okay, a lot of people have asked for my notes which im going to make tonight, ill cover module 4, so like heres just a list to help me remember:
RedFanatic
Zoop
Liverpool FC
Maria-16
ibsaiyan
TX22
BuyingTheTicket
skatealexia
sufyaan
dopeyangel
tinkerbelle

Also ill post them up here in this thread and ill also pm you guys with it. Hope they help.
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Falcon91)
Okay, a lot of people have asked for my notes which im going to make tonight, ill cover module 4, so like heres just a list to help me remember:
RedFanatic
Zoop
Liverpool FC
Maria-16

Also ill post them up here in this thread and ill also pm you guys with it. Hope they help.
and me ?
Falcon91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
and me ?
Yus ill pm you too

ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yus ill pm you too

Good. ;D
TX22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Falcon 91 - PM me too. Thanks
buyingtheticket
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RedFanatic
Zoop
Liverpool FC
Maria-16

Me too please. Will rep!
skatealexia
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pm me too please, will rep!
sufyaan
Report 8 years ago
Me too please. Thanks
Tinkerbelle ♥
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RedFanatic
Zoop
Liverpool FC
Maria-16

and meeeee!
dopeyangel101
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RedFanatic
Zoop
Liverpool FC
Maria-16

pretty please me too
Tinkerbelle ♥
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just been reading back on this thread and you've all put the fear of god into me.

On the other hand it has given me motivation to go do some revision - like right this minute.. yawwwn.
ViolinGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Plant responses!

Plants, like animals that are able to respond to both abiotic and biotic factors within their environment need to be able to respond to external stimuli in order to aviod stress and to survive to reproduce. Plant responses are tropisms.

Tropisms are directional growth responses in which the direction of the response is determined by the direction of the external stimuli.

There are several types:
1) Phototropism- the growth of a shoot is positively phototropic as it grows toward a light source to enable photosynthesis to occur.
2) Geotropism- roots grow towards the pull of gravity.
3) Thigmotropism- The growth of plants around other plants or solid structures in order to gain support.
4) Chemotropism- the growth towards a certain chemical, for example the pollen tube grows down the style to the ovaries where fertilaisation takes place.

Like in animals, plant responses are regulated by hormones, in plants they are known as growth regulators as they are not produced in endocrine glands but around the plant in certain tissues.

The hormomes are trasported around the plant by diffusion, active transport or mass flow in pholem sap/xylem vessels.
When they reach receptors on cell curface membranes which are a complemetary shape they can bind to them to allow the hormone to act on the correct tissue type.

There are 5 main hormones in plants:
1) auxins- these promote cell elongation, inhibit leaf abscission and inhibit growth of side stems
2) Absinsic acid-inhibits seed germination and growth
3) cytokines- promote cell division
4) Gibberelins- promote seed germination and stem growth
5) Ethene-promotes fruit ripening.
ViolinGirl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bored...
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ViolinGirl)
Bored...
Yep I keep getting those moments quite frequently seeing that I got a mock on Tuesday! Gonna stay awake whole night now. as I wasted much of the day
What have you covered so far?
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Plant responses!

Plants, like animals that are able to respond to both abiotic and biotic factors within their environment need to be able to respond to external stimuli in order to aviod stress and to survive to reproduce. Plant responses are tropisms.

Tropisms are directional growth responses in which the direction of the response is determined by the direction of the external stimuli.

There are several types:
1) Phototropism- the growth of a shoot is positively phototropic as it grows toward a light source to enable photosynthesis to occur.
2) Geotropism- roots grow towards the pull of gravity.
3) Thigmotropism- The growth of plants around other plants or solid structures in order to gain support.
4) Chemotropism- the growth towards a certain chemical, for example the pollen tube grows down the style to the ovaries where fertilaisation takes place.

Like in animals, plant responses are regulated by hormones, in plants they are known as growth regulators as they are not produced in endocrine glands but around the plant in certain tissues.

The hormomes are trasported around the plant by diffusion, active transport or mass flow in pholem sap/xylem vessels.
When they reach receptors on cell curface membranes which are a complemetary shape they can bind to them to allow the hormone to act on the correct tissue type.

There are 5 main hormones in plants:
1) auxins- these promote cell elongation, inhibit leaf abscission and inhibit growth of side stems
2) Absinsic acid-inhibits seed germination and growth
3) cytokines- promote cell division
4) Gibberelins- promote seed germination and stem growth
5) Ethene-promotes fruit ripening.
:top:
ViolinGirl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yep I keep getting those moments quite frequently seeing that I got a mock on Tuesday! Gonna stay awake whole night now. as I wasted much of the day
I've gone over all the topics at least once now. Just finished the book now. But I am not confident atm. I need to go over things I didn't look at for some time. Like environment...urgh
Tinkerbelle ♥
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm going to follow your lead I think. It'll be a late one for me
TX22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What stimuli do plants need to respond to in their enviorment.

Light, predation, what else?
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've gone over all the topics at least once now. Just finished the book now. But I am not confident atm. I need to go over things I didn't look at for some time. Like environment...urgh
Yep same here for me the weak points or ones which I haven't touched much are the environment stuff and behavior. Meh wolfgang kohler xD
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TX22)
What stimuli do plants need to respond to in their enviorment.

Light, predation, what else?
Humidity,weather,co2 level ?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise