Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    Of course you can and not sure whether you can read my reading but here you go:
    Attachment 228312
    what are the ads/ disads with globalisation? struggling with this part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BARCEMO)
    thanks
    This is great stuff..the only thing I would say is perhaps you could analyse your examples a little more. Other than that I'd say it's very good

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot & My teacher told me off when I made my point before including my example.... she says not to :/
    Well your teacher may not be aware then heres some advice
    http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...basics-of-peel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AClown'sPocket)
    Sorry to be nosy, I had a look at your paper because I'm having difficulty finding how much to write. Just wanted to note that Richard Branson's first venture was a student magazine for which he raised capital (about £5000) from his grandmother. (Taken from his book 'Like A Virgin')
    ohh crap...i used wikipedia to get the info on Richard ...hopefully the examiner will take my lazy wikipedia route

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot & My teacher told me off when I made my point before including my example.... she says not to :/
    so would a good structure be:
    Point
    Explain
    Evidence (research)
    Evaluate

I used to provide evidence THEN explain but maybe this structure is better?

ReputationRep:
    This is great stuff..the only thing I would say is perhaps you could analyse your examples a little more. Other than that I'd say it's very good
    thanks... i don't even know how good it was since my teacher never marks anything...i have never seen him actually move throughout the lessons :mad::rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if anyone has already answered this but any ideas for what the section b essays might be?? mergers/takeovers and retrenchment haven't come up before but I really have no idea.... IM SCARED

ReputationRep:
    thanks... i don't even know how good it was since my teacher never marks anything...i have never seen him actually move throughout the lessons :mad::rolleyes:
    Yeah.. one of my two business studies teachers is exactly like that... it's so annoying

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can and not sure whether you can read my reading but here you go:
    Attachment 228312
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    are you suppose to know figures for business? all i use is names and some fact dropping

anyone using quotes in their exam like schien '80% of senior management have to leave to make cultural change successful'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflyy)
    Thank you so much
    You're very welcome

ReputationRep:
    ohh crap...i used wikipedia to get the info on Richard ...hopefully the examiner will take my lazy wikipedia route
    You'll probably get away with something like that, unless they've read his books. Some people have quoted Sony as being American in the past but as long as you don't write anything as absurd as that then you wont lose marks :')

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with trying to bring in a relevant theory in order to support a point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are you suppose to know figures for business? all i use is names and some fact dropping

anyone using quotes in their exam like schien '80% of senior management have to leave to make cultural change successful'
    I feel as though it looks like I know more stuff if I use figures haha...in past mocks and stuff I've made figures up lol, but my teachers noticed haha so I wouldn't advise you do this If you don't have any figures, just use facts

ReputationRep:
    How do you usually develop your point

Point: You have your point A

Explanation/Evidence this is because... leading to... this can be shown by...

Evaluation: however it depends on.....

Link: This point has shown that this effect has caused...

ReputationRep:
    I feel as though it looks like I know more stuff if I use figures haha...in past mocks and stuff I've made figures up lol, but my teachers noticed haha so I wouldn't advise you do this If you don't have any figures, just use facts
    You got anything for technological change...all i have is

Apple: Have used technology as their USP à they embrace advances in technology and try not to be outshone technologically
    Sony: The advances in technology may be the death of sony who used to be high fliers in the technology world but have now been overstepped by apple and Samsung. Could this be the end of the road for Sony?
    Nokia: Another example of what falling behind can do. Nokia were once a leading phone manufacturer who are now an obsolete brand
    Samsung: Like apple they have embraced technology. They are the leading chip manufacturer in the world and their phone market has blossomed. Their recent TV release ahead of apple may mean they are getting ahead of the game
    3% of grocery shopping is done online, by 2012 its forecasted to rise to 12%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan94adibi)
    That is exactly what I'm trying to do.
    I did it in Jan and I was one mark off C.
    Hopefully this time I will nail it.
    I would have thought you would have gotten an A with that lenghty paragraph you had earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proflash)
    How do you usually develop your point

Point: You have your point A

Explanation/Evidence this is because... leading to... this can be shown by...

Evaluation: however it depends on.....

Link: This point has shown that this effect has caused...
    yeah pretty much but i try to use this method http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...ect-paragraphs

ReputationRep:
    any one help me out with primarks culture? what type of culture do they have?

ReputationRep:
    Word of advice ALWAYS refer back to the question that way if you have written alot of bs it will seem good and legit. Got me a very high B with no revision apart from a brief chat with my teacher before the exam.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.