Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How many hours are you revising each day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking AS Edexcel Chem, Phys, and Math. Im doing Units 2 and 3 for Phy and Chem, C12 and M1 for maths. I already did Units 1 for Phy and Chem in Jan, and got 2 A's. The way I'd revise is Spend 2-4 Hours in the Library, writing out notes or solving papers. And that seemed enough for me. Missed a full mark in Chem b just 6 Marks -_- x'D
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Fayadh56)
    I'm taking AS Edexcel Chem, Phys, and Math. Im doing Units 2 and 3 for Phy and Chem, C12 and M1 for maths. I already did Units 1 for Phy and Chem in Jan, and got 2 A's. The way I'd revise is Spend 2-4 Hours in the Library, writing out notes or solving papers. And that seemed enough for me. Missed a full mark in Chem b just 6 Marks -_- x'D
    Wow those are good scores! I hope I do well in unit 2 chemistry... By the way I'm doing chemistry, physics, math and further math.

ReputationRep:
    Well I see A levels as a full time job and 9-5/6 everyday plus a little overtime

ReputationRep:
    I don't count hours at all. I have post it notes on my wall for everyday of the week with targets for example today I'm studying for my english exam, I will be memorising the biographies and meanings of six poems and poet's. I'm currently using the pomodoro technique, studying for 25 minutes then 5 minute break. Once I've done everything for today I'm going to start on one of tomorrow's target.

Should really get back to revising now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yangg)
    Wow those are good scores! I hope I do well in unit 2 chemistry... By the way I'm doing chemistry, physics, math and further math.
    Thank you!

I was thinking of taking Further Math, and D1 as I'm doing engineering. But I'll have to study on my own, is it possible?

How easy is FP1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fayadh56)
    Thank you!

I was thinking of taking Further Math, and D1 as I'm doing engineering. But I'll have to study on my own, is it possible?

How easy is FP1?
    Generally, if it's Edexcel especially, it's better to do the full Maths A Level first, then do Further Maths, because Further Pure requires knowing Core stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyUchiha)
    What are your current revision methods?
    I take my textbook and revision guide along with school notes and write revision summary notes or make a poster/spider diagram if it's more efficient or labelled diagrams (this is for more chem and biology). I then site down and memorise the key points/reactions etc and test myself by doing the examination style questions at the end of each unit. I will soon move on to past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jorose10)
    I take my textbook and revision guide along with school notes and write revision summary notes or make a poster/spider diagram if it's more efficient or labelled diagrams (this is for more chem and biology). I then site down and memorise the key points/reactions etc and test myself by doing the examination style questions at the end of each unit. I will soon move on to past papers
    aah interesting, well as long as it works for you. Tbh i cannot learn with posters or mind maps at all. My one is the boring method of using the speification to learn everything then past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyUchiha)
    aah interesting, well as long as it works for you. Tbh i cannot learn with posters or mind maps at all. My one is the boring method of using the speification to learn everything then past papers
    Oh I did forget to mention that, the specification is my bible! ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jorose10)
    Oh I did forget to mention that, the specification is my bible! ahah
    Preach! 🙌👏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need motivation right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    I need motivation right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't revise and you'll have wasted a year, money if applicable, and you're closer to spending the rest of your life unhappy as you are bored out of your skull 5 days a week for minimum wage. No money, no holidays, no freedom, not even doing a job that makes a positive change to the world. Just going through the motions until you die, in your last moments wishing you could go there and do this.

How's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Don't revise and you'll have wasted a year, money if applicable, and you're closer to spending the rest of your life unhappy as you are bored out of your skull 5 days a week for minimum wage. No money, no holidays, no freedom, not even doing a job that makes a positive change to the world. Just going through the motions until you die, in your last moments wishing you could go there and do this.

How's that?
    Woah harsh.
    But effective aha!
    Thanks (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    figured out I only need to get CCB to get AAA overall in biology/maths/chemistry...hahahah but obviously aiming for A*A*A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelot92)
    figured out I only need to get CCB to get AAA overall in biology/maths/chemistry...hahahah but obviously aiming for A*A*A*
    I'm something similar for maths, geography and biology. Although I need to actually get an A in chemistry to move up (I hate ccea aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At AS it feels like I did way more work than I'm doing now for A2. I need to step it up, but feel demotivated after 3 hours... :/

ReputationRep:
    That's mad aha! I'm really organised but I don't put that much work in! I do hour burst from 9-7 with breaks for lunch and dinner and a break between each subject change (to clean my mind). I can only work efficiently for around 50 minutes so there is no point of me working 3 hours. I have 14 exams in the summer (10 A2 and 4 AS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have 18 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea how/why people are revising 6 hours a day. I guess it's personal? I only need about 4 past papers worth of maths revision and I'm fine but this thread really scares me! I get paranoid thinking maybe I'm not doing enough even though I feel as though I know most of my stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwiboy527)
    No idea how/why people are revising 6 hours a day. I guess it's personal? I only need about 4 past papers worth of maths revision and I'm fine but this thread really scares me! I get paranoid thinking maybe I'm not doing enough even though I feel as though I know most of my stuff...
    Depends on how you revise and what you're aiming for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm something similar for maths, geography and biology. Although I need to actually get an A in chemistry to move up (I hate ccea aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    CCEA chemistry, I know dem feels, it's an awful board

When did you start revising for it?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.