Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gouratiltzen)
    It's ok. The IR department have not updated any of us yet.
    Only IR+History have, which is made up of the History department:
    Some people already have received their 5 week email for IR (I have 2 friends applying for it and they both have the 5 week email)...but then again the department is probably just moving really slowly.

ReputationRep:
    The head of admissions tutor is just trolling-out-loud with the 5 week emails :troll:

ReputationRep:
    Any 5 week emails from Philosophy department, its been 3 weeks since my 2 week email.....

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! Any Government and Economics applicants out there ? Did any of you guys had some updates lately ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    Any 5 week emails from Philosophy department, its been 3 weeks since my 2 week email.....
    I applied for philosophy and economics and it hasn't been 2 weeks since I received the 2 weeks email so I haven't received the 5 week email yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topblogger)
    I applied for philosophy and economics and it hasn't been 2 weeks since I received the 2 weeks email so I haven't received the 5 week email yet.
    Yeah I applied for the same course but it has been more than 2 weeks since the email, I think they are being deliberately slow....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanuhura)
    Hey ! Any Government and Economics applicants out there ? Did any of you guys had some updates lately ?
    Hi! I applied for BSc Government and Economics. Unfortunately there haven't been any updates, but the "5 weeks period" will end in 10 days, after that I (should) receive some news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At what point to do we email them back inquiring about the 5 week email if we still haven't gotten it?
    Its been a week since my 2 weeks ended and I'm getting so paranoid! (For IR)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPC)
    Hi! I applied for BSc Government and Economics. Unfortunately there haven't been any updates, but the "5 weeks period" will end in 10 days, after that I (should) receive some news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! Just got the 2 weeks "examining" one Hope they'll be quick for both of us ! Where are you from ?

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected from IR and History (worst feeling) and am 3.5 weeks into my "5 weeks" for IR. It seems the IR and history acceptance rate is higher than that of IR... am I doomed? If it helps, I'm an American with 5 5's on AP exams (hopefully with 5 more predicted 5's for this years).

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone knows what percentage of people actually receives conditional offer that is higher (like A*A*A rather than A*AA) or even lower?

If anyone read 2012/11 LSE threads, has there been many offers that are not 'standard' ?

Im an international applicant and we have our CIE exams now, and I just screwed up one of them so I hope I could possibly get a lower offer.

I've applied to straight BSc Econ at 21st OCT and received my 2weeks if you're wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Almost four weeks into my five week email and no reply from them. Is this good or bad news?

I applied for Bsc. Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dente)
    Almost four weeks into my five week email and no reply from them. Is this good or bad news?

I applied for Bsc. Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldnt call it good or bad, I applied to LSE for both econ and maths and econ and I got confirmation emails from both and further consideration emails for both, so if you havent been replied to yet they just probably haven't seen your application but as long as you have got the confirmation email I would wait until december before you contact them regarding this issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    I wouldnt call it good or bad, I applied to LSE for both econ and maths and econ and I got confirmation emails from both and further consideration emails for both, so if you havent been replied to yet they just probably haven't seen your application but as long as you have got the confirmation email I would wait until december before you contact them regarding this issue.
    Hi, I meant that I've already received the 'five week further consideration' email but it's been four weeks since this email. Is this good or bad ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dente)
    Hi, I meant that I've already received the 'five week further consideration' email but it's been four weeks since this email. Is this good or bad ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, I am on my 4th week of the five week email (Econs) and I am so scared. Im not sure whether its a good news or a bad news :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xopf)
    Same, I am on my 4th week of the five week email (Econs) and I am so scared. Im not sure whether its a good news or a bad news :P
    same here! I think we'll all hear from them together once they've processed this batch of applications. So nervous

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs 6A*s 6As
    AS AABB
    Predicted A*A*A
    Other universities applying to: King's, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Westminster

Anyone else applying for history? Or does anyone else's school not let them apply til November?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    GCSEs 6A*s 6As
    AS AABB
    Predicted A*A*A
    Other universities applying to: King's, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, Westminster

Anyone else applying for history? Or does anyone else's school not let them apply til November?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied for History on 9th Oct. Predicted A*AA. LSE is a long shot for me though I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dente)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats fine, its just that they are considering our application so as long as they confirm and they have your application and are considering it (which they are) its all fine. just hang in there and our offers will come

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm an international applicant, it's been 20 days since my 2 weeks email for IR and yesterday I received an email from LSE asking my referee to submit my predicted grades to them because they would be unable to process my application otherwise.

I'm so confused now! My predicted grades were already part of my UCAS application, so they should have them, right? I don't know what's going on

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.