Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone..?

For the question where it asked to say how you would change the time base blah blah blah, I wrote that I would half the time base as frequency is inversely proportional to the time period and so by halving the time period, the frequency would be doubled. Anyone know if that's the right answer or if it was just a load of crap. Seeing you guys talking about 2ms is making me nervous

Also, where was the line for the rms thing supposed to go? I put it at 46..

Sorry for the repost..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Punjabi2Chainz)
    I wrote it as "d quark" do you think I'll still get the mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah you should do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    No it doesn't matter which lepton goes on which arrow. If you did the nucleus instead of the ion you'll lose both marks.
    Definitely not one method mark for doing charge/mass, even using the wrong charge? Or a follow through on the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BayHarborButcher)
    Am I the only one that got 30 000 ohms for the very last question?
    Nope, I got that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For 1C I got 3.99 times 10 to the 7?? How did everyone do 7a as well?

ReputationRep:
    I included internal resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebron_23)
    Anyone..?

For the question where it asked to say how you would change the time base blah blah blah, I wrote that I would half the time base as frequency is inversely proportional to the time period and so by halving the time period, the frequency would be doubled. Anyone know if that's the right answer or if it was just a load of crap. Seeing you guys talking about 2ms is making me nervous

Also, where was the line for the rms thing supposed to go? I put it at 46..

Sorry for the repost..
    I think you had to give some sort of figure.

I put it at 45.3 so basically 45.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if significant figures affect marks? Obviously they do for the question which says 'to an appropriate number of sf's', but most of my answers were to 3 even when they should really have been 2, will it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Ivers)
    Anyone know if significant figures affect marks? Obviously they do for the question which says 'to an appropriate number of sf's', but most of my answers were to 3 even when they should really have been 2, will it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it will.

ReputationRep:
    For the Feynman diagram question,I wrote the symbol instead of full name(e+ for positron,ve for electron neutrino),do you think I would still get marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456789012)
    Got the same answer.
    Glad im not the only one who got that Not sure if it's right though, like no one else got that

ReputationRep:
    what are the grade boundaries usually like for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BayHarborButcher)
    Glad im not the only one who got that Not sure if it's right though, like no one else got that
    Yeah it was meant to be a hard question. It is definitely 30000 though.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The mark scheme says not to penalize significant figures unless the question asks for appropriate significant figures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuelJ)
    Definitely not one method mark for doing charge/mass, even using the wrong charge? Or a follow through on the answer?

Well you'd get the right answer if you missed out the number of electrons, so I'm guessing you'd achieve one mark. I can't see how you'd lose two as you do have the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    For the specific charge question -
    if you've got the right answer, but did not include the electrons i.e

= 20(1.6x10^-19) / 48(1.67x10^-27) = 3.99x10^7

how many marks do you lose?

ReputationRep:
    You dont add internal resistance- it said what is the total resistance of the circuit; this refers to the resistors not the battery itself so it is irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davon806)
    For the Feynman diagram question,I wrote the symbol instead of full name(e+ for positron,ve for electron neutrino),do you think I would still get marks?
    Yes in every mark scheme so far they allow symbols as well as the names, so you would get full marks, and Feynman diagrams are drawn with symbols anyway.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, they only assess significant figures on one question in the paper. On this paper it was the threshold frequency, which should have been to two sig figs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    Yeah it was meant to be a hard question. It is definitely 30000 though.
    Cheers, makes me feel a lot better One of those questions where everyone gets different answers...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.