Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    Could they arrest for obstruction? Or at least threaten with arrest to make them take down the feeds. I don't know, it does seem unlikely.

I presume they don't want the suspect to know when they're going in, so he doesn't blow himself up.
    Police scanners are legal. For all the police know he could have one. As for him using the internet to listen well I think the cell phone networks would be jammed so thats a no go and anyway if he'd been using the phone to listen all day I'm sure the battery would be dead by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    • Paul Adams, BBC World Service Correspondent, writes
      Someone from CNN has just managed to get a glimpse of the boat, and heard officers shouting for the suspect to come out. The reporter didn't hear any response from inside the boat. This was minutes ago

• 0120:
      ABC News update: "Eyewitness: Neighbour went to check boat behind his house today, saw blood, climbed up ladder to open boat's cover, saw a body, called police."
    They saw blood, and here was shooting today so I assume he is critically injured and unable to fight back properly.

[I think I found the location of the fight on Google Maps btw, but it's not much good ofc, it's pics from the past]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Tell me more about how much evidence has been collected that these attacks were motivated by religion?
    I'd say Tamurlane's Youtube profile, with its many extremist Islamic videos, provides at the least, the most probable hypothesis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    They saw blood, and here was shooting today so I assume he is critically injured and unable to fight back properly.

[I think I found the location of the fight on Google Maps btw, but it's not much good ofc, it's pics from the past]
    Please share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)

why is there blood did he shoot himself

ReputationRep:
    • Paul Adams, BBC World Service Correspondent, writes
      Someone from CNN has just managed to get a glimpse of the boat, and heard officers shouting for the suspect to come out. The reporter didn't hear any response from inside the boat. This was minutes ago

• 0120:
      ABC News update: "Eyewitness: Neighbour went to check boat behind his house today, saw blood, climbed up ladder to open boat's cover, saw a body, called police."
    Why would you do that? Seriously "oh, some blood - I'll just check if the terrorist is inside... Oh he is now I'll call the police!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    My understanding is that it's not actually breaking any laws. The police in the US are broadcasting unencrypted, and scanners are entirely legal. Equally, the 1st Amendment provides a very strong presumption against the police being able to shut this down.

Nixon couldn't even get a court order against publication by the New York Times of the Pentagon Papers, despite the fact that they were Top Secret and stolen.

We're not hearing SWAT or FBI radios. They operate on encrypted frequencies. This is just the BPD beat cops.
    Interesting, I know nothing of US law at all, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    3 people taken into custody in New Bedford - Al Jazeera

ReputationRep:
    why is there blood did he shoot himself
    "Shots fired" earlier, also remember that massive shootout where the brother got killed?

I think the scanners are just not being used except for rubbish now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    Please share.
    Franklin Street, Watertown, Massachusetts, United States

Top right of the street on the Eastern end before the junction, there's a blue tarp partly hidden under a tree.

[Disclaimer: This location was general knowledge, given by the news companies]

EDIT: Sorry, seems I was wrong. Not far tho. Bottom corner of the street, southern side, second house up.

Here, the official image: http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...17786936-1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    they're getting shields i wonder if they gona get swords too lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Tell me more about how much evidence has been collected that these attacks were motivated by religion?
    You can keep living in your left wing/Islamo fantasy land.

I'll live in reality where Islam is on a global march for domination afflicting scores of countries with terrorism, insurgencies and outright war.

It's 'people' like you that would have asked us to 'prove' that every German we killed in WWII was a Nazi.

Your fantasy land means nothing to me. You're not a guardian of humanity. You're not someone that will progress it, defend it or protect it.

You're a nuisance in humanity. A nuisance that still needs to be protected.

So by all means flap your gums on the internet about rights and proof, whilst those that protect humanity and civilisation take out another rat.

ReputationRep:
    Scanner talking about sending the FBI HRT, does he have hostages?

ReputationRep:
    people need to stop putting "Breaking" on their thread titles... I read this thread title, thought to myself "what, again? oh crap", only to find out the thread is several days old :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    people need to stop putting "Breaking" on their thread titles... I read this thread title, thought to myself "what, again? oh crap", only to find out the thread is several days old :hmmm:
    Only the first post is.

ReputationRep:
    Suspect in custody!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Suspect in custody.

ReputationRep:
    Suspect in custody, calls for medic.

ReputationRep:
    did he just say suspect in custody? " MEDIC MEDIC"

ReputationRep:
    67 Franklin Street, Watertown, MA.

There's amazing resolution on Google Maps. You can see the actual boat.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.