Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hate packing so so so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    Yeah, I think everyone has to name it the same :/

Its a bit poo really, Facebook is better for finding who's in your halls.

ReputationRep:
    How do I tell if i've successfully set up a direct debit for accommodation? I'm really quite confused :L

Also this may be an incredibly stupid question, but Im from the UK and applied for student finance so my loan comes through the SLC and I don't have to organise payment? Is that right?

Sorry for asking 200000 questions! :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypride)
    What about assessments?
    Well, yes, pass those as well.

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get quite excited now! Only a few more days!! What's everyone wearing to the Fresher Party... It says fancy dress is encourage but what kind of things are people thinking of for Las Vegas? And if we don't want to go full on fancy dress are the parties usually formal or just normal going out clothes? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieLou_95)
    Starting to get quite excited now! Only a few more days!! What's everyone wearing to the Fresher Party... It says fancy dress is encourage but what kind of things are people thinking of for Las Vegas? And if we don't want to go full on fancy dress are the parties usually formal or just normal going out clothes? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was thinking of a tux for Las Vegas, no idea about the others, guess I'll try and see what others do haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieLou_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Err well I was planning wearing a normal dress, but more on the classy (formal) side, if you know what I mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiceToMeetYou)
    I hate packing so so so much
    You've started packing already? I think packing should be left to Saturday morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello calum)
    You've started packing already? I think packing should be left to Saturday morning
    When you pack as slow as I do, starting now is late

ReputationRep:
    What time is everyone arriving on Saturday (or Sunday)? I'm setting off at 8ish to get there for around 1pm - is that too early/late? Also is there anything relatively obscure that I need to pack? I know about passport sized photos and ID, but its that kind of thing which I worry about forgetting since its not as easy to walk into a service station shop on the way down to buy them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    What time is everyone arriving on Saturday (or Sunday)? I'm setting off at 8ish to get there for around 1pm - is that too early/late? Also is there anything relatively obscure that I need to pack? I know about passport sized photos and ID, but its that kind of thing which I worry about forgetting since its not as easy to walk into a service station shop on the way down to buy them
    I'll be getting there around that time I would expect quite a few people are.

ReputationRep:
    I keep hearing about passport photos. What are they for? That is, how many am I going to need and do they have to be on photo paper? Do they have to be biometric like for IDs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiep151)
    I'll be getting there around that time I would expect quite a few people are.
    Cool, hopefully not too many though or else there'll be a long wait to register :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnricoDandolo)
    I keep hearing about passport photos. What are they for? That is, how many am I going to need and do they have to be on photo paper? Do they have to be biometric like for IDs?
    I have no idea what they're for, but I have 6 proper ones left from a shop so I'm just bringing the lot.

My guess is you could just print your own as long as they are the right size.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of a tux for Las Vegas, no idea about the others, guess I'll try and see what others do haha
    depends on whether people will dress in silly outfits, or whether they approach it seriously, as in, guys wearing tux and girls in expensive dresses. If the former, I'll go shopping around (I hear there are many places to buy/rent fancy dress stuff. If in doubt, cheap Primark clothes will do!), and in case of the latter, I have a suit prepped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    I have no idea what they're for, but I have 6 proper ones left from a shop so I'm just bringing the lot.

My guess is you could just print your own as long as they are the right size.
    The thing I hate about passport photos is that you're not allowed to smile so you always look like a murderer or something

ReputationRep:
    The thing I hate about passport photos is that you're not allowed to smile so you always look like a murderer or something
    I look like a kid who has just dropped his ice cream. On the verge of tears but not quite there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Right, I'm quite looking forward to you freshers turning up now :erm: . The Orientation lot made the SU close the copper rooms at 11.30 last night, making me miss out on 1.5 hour's pay! . I want you guys to be able to at least manage 2am! :emo:
    Easy

ReputationRep:
    I live quite close to Warwick and was planning on getting there about 10; looking at a couple of the comments now that seems way too early. Any recommended time? Or are people arriving throughout the day?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan Gregg)
    I live quite close to Warwick and was planning on getting there about 10; looking at a couple of the comments now that seems way too early. Any recommended time? Or are people arriving throughout the day?
    People arrived throughout the day, most between 12 and 3, back when I moved in, and I can't imagine much has changed in two years. I'd recommend turning up abut in the middle of that, unless you have a reason to want to be early.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.