AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May Watch

James9072
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MATHSPOW!!)
Dying for A* overall but ****ed up so bad.. Like I need the boundaries to be like 39 for A*... Please !
Never know, lots of people seem to have this problem, and the grade boundaries were only 36 last year
MATHSPOW!!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James9072)
Never know, lots of people seem to have this problem, and the grade boundaries were only 36 last year
I'm taking about B2 grade boundary was 45 for A* last year could it possibility drop down to like 39
CurleysWife
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sophsha)
Same haha hopefully the paper wont be as bad as bio!
I liked biology, but the question about why the shrimps didn't mate? I just put that there was no evidence they were male and female, and that they didn't want to. LOL.
Dneep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone help me please!
Basically for the C2 Paper, on the Reacting Masses (Tonnes) question my final answer was 1.6 tonnes, however I did all the workings out!
Like i had for 2MgO i stupidly got 64, as i forgot to times the 16 by 2!
And for 2Mg i got 48 (which was correct)
so then i did 64/48*1.2=1.6!
Will i get any marks if possible because i looked at the markscheme for 2013's paper on C2 and there was similar question worth 3 marks (worth the same marks as this one), and in the markscheme it said allow 1 Mark for ECF (error carried forward) from step one
and then it repeated itself again and said Allow 1 mark for ECF from step 1. Would that mean I could possible get 2/3 marks for the question on this years C2 paper?
I'm really frustrated with making such a stupid mistake and forgetting that there were 2 oxygens!!!
Dneep
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is what it says on the mark scheme for a similar question
Attached files
MATHSPOW!!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dneep)
This is what it says on the mark scheme for a similar question
You'd get 2 marks then !! 😃😃
thuglife123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what did everyone put for the first four mark question on C3??
Rudeboyzzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dneep)
Can anyone help me please!
Basically for the C2 Paper, on the Reacting Masses (Tonnes) question my final answer was 1.6 tonnes, however I did all the workings out!
Like i had for 2MgO i stupidly got 64, as i forgot to times the 16 by 2!
And for 2Mg i got 48 (which was correct)
so then i did 64/48*1.2=1.6!
Will i get any marks if possible because i looked at the markscheme for 2013's paper on C2 and there was similar question worth 3 marks (worth the same marks as this one), and in the markscheme it said allow 1 Mark for ECF (error carried forward) from step one
and then it repeated itself again and said Allow 1 mark for ECF from step 1. Would that mean I could possible get 2/3 marks for the question on this years C2 paper?
I'm really frustrated with making such a stupid mistake and forgetting that there were 2 oxygens!!!
I got 2 tonnes for this question by doing 1.2 tonnes / 24 x 40, you hopefully will get 2/3 marks for working but sometimes they can be awkward! How did you find the rest of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joshua697
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thuglife123)
what did everyone put for the first four mark question on C3??
I guessed at chlorination and filtration, no idea if it's right though
tomroberts12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Something like: pass the water through filter beds to remove solid material. (2 marks i think) and then add chlorine to the water to sterilize ( 2 marks i think again)
Joshua697
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you guys think 38/39 would be enough for an A in B2?? So annoyed right now
Dneep
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MATHSPOW!!)
You'd get 2 marks then !! ���������� �
Are you sure they never repeated it twice by mistake?
Dneep
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Rudeboyzzz;47621415]I got 2 tonnes for this question by doing 1.2 tonnes / 24 x 40, you hopefully will get 2/3 marks for working but sometimes they can be awkward! How did you find the rest of the paper?

Hopefully i will get 2/3, but they may have changed the markscheme from last year in which, a wrong answer and wrong working out gets 0 marks? I found the rest of the paper fairly easy to be honest! Hopefully i do get awarded the 2 marks and so i just need to get my P2 to a high ums - preferrable 100ums!
How did you find the exam paper?
tomroberts12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Joshua697)
Do you guys think 38/39 would be enough for an A in B2?? So annoyed right now
Definitely, could even be enough for an A*
Joshua697
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tomroberts12)
Definitely, could even be enough for an A*
Praying grade boundaries are low but overall I'm happy I did much better in B3
notevensoph
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CurleysWife)
I liked biology, but the question about why the shrimps didn't mate? I just put that there was no evidence they were male and female, and that they didn't want to. LOL.
I put that too! I was a bit like really AQA? :')
Rudeboyzzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Dneep;47621590]
(Original post by Rudeboyzzz)
I got 2 tonnes for this question by doing 1.2 tonnes / 24 x 40, you hopefully will get 2/3 marks for working but sometimes they can be awkward! How did you find the rest of the paper?

Hopefully i will get 2/3, but they may have changed the markscheme from last year in which, a wrong answer and wrong working out gets 0 marks? I found the rest of the paper fairly easy to be honest! Hopefully i do get awarded the 2 marks and so i just need to get my P2 to a high ums - preferrable 100ums!
How did you find the exam paper?
Haha hopefully you do! I found the paper pretty decent to hopefully get a B in it, the lubricant question about carbon was hard but everything else was good how you feelin about physics on monday o_o aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
thedaniel98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vish.handa)
no it was to test for hallides and yellow precipitate was formed which would make it iodide not bromide
distilation is to purify water but only works on soft water, it wont purify hard water
Rudeboyzzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CurleysWife)
Haha I put they didn't like each other and weren't sexually attracted to each other O_o I think I bottled that question aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dneep
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Rudeboyzzz;47621937][QUOTE=Dneep;47621590]

Haha hopefully you do! I found the paper pretty decent to hopefully get a B in it, the lubricant question about carbon was hard but everything else was good how you feelin about physics on monday o_o aha

Haha yhyh i hope i do, because i think the grade boundaries will be significantly higher than last years! I'm revising for physics currently but i'm ready! How about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (849)
80.7%
Leave (203)
19.3%

Watched Threads