Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProjectNr2)
    im feel for you. Did you get your rejection by mail or by letter?
    Email. It's alright though. Did you get a rejection too?

I applied to read History and Politics in Oxford. However, a small part of me always knew that my passion was for International Relations rather than History. So in a sense, I am still glad that LSE still has on the loop. Did you get any offers yet? What are you applying in LSE? : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priyayi)
    Email. It's alright though. Did you get a rejection too?

I applied to read History and Politics in Oxford. However, a small part of me always knew that my passion was for International Relations rather than History. So in a sense, I am still glad that LSE still has on the loop. Did you get any offers yet? What are you applying in LSE? : )
    I´m currently already at university, but my brother is applying this year and because he was checking e-mails and tsr like a drug addict i banned him and took the lead
    He´s EU-national, and applied to OX (PPE), LSE (Phil & Econ) and UCL(PPE), no replies at all so far.
    I´m just wondering because when i was rejected last year by oxford i only received a letter on like the 8th of december. Weird that you got an e-mail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priyayi)
    Haha I'm International as well. I just got my rejection from Oxford. Got conditional offers from Cardiff, Westminster and East Anglia? How about you? : )
    I did PPE for oxford, UCL, n king's college, n waiting for all of them.... god the wait is killing me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leehs2015)
    I did PPE for oxford, UCL, n king's college, n waiting for all of them.... god the wait is killing me haha
    better not stress, UCL replied to me on 31. March so you might have still like 4 months to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProjectNr2)
    I´m currently already at university, but my brother is applying this year and because he was checking e-mails and tsr like a drug addict i banned him and took the lead
    He´s EU-national, and applied to OX (PPE), LSE (Phil & Econ) and UCL(PPE), no replies at all so far.
    I´m just wondering because when i was rejected last year by oxford i only received a letter on like the 8th of december. Weird that you got an e-mail
    omg your action is so iconic ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cp1996)
    Yeah sure, I do fm but I did C3 instead of another applied so I don't officially have AS fm yet
    Maths/fm
    C1: 100
    C2: 100
    C3: 100
    FP1: 91
    M1: 99
    S1: 100

Economics
    Unit 1: 96
    Unit 2: 100

French
    Unit 1: 49/60
    Unit 2: 112/140

12A*s at gcse, not much work experience

The only other person I know who's got an offer for pure Eco has already posted on here I think- where did you apply???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmmm... pretty average... only 81 UMS for French... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenith154)
    I'm applying for the same course too! But deferred entry though. Dont know anyone who has got an offer yet :/ Are you a UK student or intl?
    International student studying in the uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leehs2015)
    Anybody else heard for Politics and IR too?
    Nope, I'm half way through my fifth week now and I haven't heard back from them since the 8 week email was sent.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what exactly the "8 week email is", I've been lurking for a while in this thread and people talk about it like it's assumed knowledge. Hopefully someone can clean this up!

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annanoon918)
    just got an 8- week email as well ... OMG this is really freaking me out.... i applied for accounting and finance and one of my classmate's already got rejected... anyone got an offer for this course?
    I've applied, currently in my 3rd week of waiting. i understand it to mean if you were gonna get rejected; you would be rejected outright or after the 2 week email. Thats what i keep telling myself anyway! lol

What are your GCSE / A level grades etc if you don't mind me asking?

Mine are:
    8A* 2A + A (max grade) in additional Maths
    German A (A pred)
    Economics B (A pred)
    Maths A (A* pred)
    Further Maths A (A pred)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    I was wondering what exactly the "8 week email is", I've been lurking for a while in this thread and people talk about it like it's assumed knowledge. Hopefully someone can clean this up!

Thanks
    My experience was this; First I got an acknowledgement email saying it would take two weeks for admissions to process my application and then after a while I got another email stating that a decision would be reached within 8 weeks. I however got my offer much before.

Hopefully this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)

Thanks
    They send you an e-mail to inform you that they will make a decision on your application within eight weeks.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard back for E&EH?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    has anyone heard back for E&EH?
    Don't think anyone has here :/ 3 weeks into my 8 week email, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcseboy1997)
    Don't think anyone has here :/ 3 weeks into my 8 week email, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing at all - currently 6 weeks in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barleywolf)
    Anyone get offers for IR? What week?
    I got my offer for international relations and history a couple weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyFellow)
    I got my offer for international relations and history a couple weeks ago.
    Are you from the UK or are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    Still no word from LSE.

*HUFF*

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get offers for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics ?

ReputationRep:
    I just received an offer for the BSC in Government and History!
    So chuffed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.