Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GusFring)
    Hello!

Did you ask for that Skype interview or have you been offered an interview via Skype directly?

I have been offered an interview in Manchester and asked for a Skype interview yesterday. I am currently waiting for an answer.
    I asked for one too. It has been 2 weeks and I am still waiting for the date and time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwtkelv)
    I'm an international student and received my offer of Law with Politics in UoM. Anyone else?
    I have an offer for law AAB

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for Mathematics and Physics this week after my interview! Still unsure whether Manchester is my firm, but it's most likely!

ReputationRep:
    Received an interview for Geography! Not sure what to expect, but heard it's pretty informal and will just ask about my personal statement, some basic stuff from A Level and "Why Manchester?" Does anything else happen apart from the interview?

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for biomedical science. I am from Norway, so I have to travel to Manchester. Any advice for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody had a Chemistry interview yet? What was the structure of the interview like? Informal chat, or hard questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scowl1994)
    Anybody had a Chemistry interview yet? What was the structure of the interview like? Informal chat, or hard questions?
    I have mine soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otago)
    I have an offer for law AAB
    When did you get your offer for law, may I ask? I am still waiting for a decision and as all my friends got rejected, I am kind of scared of the result. :/

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student and have also received an offer for Law with Politics in UoM. Got Mine with an IB score of 33 which is 2 points lower than the minimum requirement (its unconditional as I graduated last year and I am currently working at a law firm as part of my gap year). I am still wondering whether I should be switching to Law only (both LLB) as I have heard from past student of this subject that it is not the best route if one wants to be a solicitor and that it may be possible to switch to LLB only according to one of the admission officer. Any thoughts on that ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timchung2007)
    I am an international student and have also received an offer for Law with Politics in UoM. Got Mine with an IB score of 33 which is 2 points lower than the minimum requirement (its unconditional as I graduated last year and I am currently working at a law firm as part of my gap year). I am still wondering whether I should be switching to Law only (both LLB) as I have heard from past student of this subject that it is not the best route if one wants to be a solicitor and that it may be possible to switch to LLB only according to one of the admission officer. Any thoughts on that ?
    Given that law with politics is a new subject (started 2012, I believe) no one has actually graduated from it yet, so it's untested in the jobs market.

However, law firms take half their trainees from the LLB route and half from the GDL route, often citing that they value the fact that people from the GDL route have more variety in what they've studied. So, based on that, I don't see it disadvantaging you in the jobs market.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VK96)
    Just wanted to update that I got an offer!
    And I can't be the only one for anatomical sciences with a modern language can I?
    I'm also doing Anatomical Sciences but with an industrial/professional year instead went for my interview yesterday and didn't meet a single soul doing the same course which is worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sedz)
    I'm also doing Anatomical Sciences but with an industrial/professional year instead went for my interview yesterday and didn't meet a single soul doing the same course which is worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I didn't either.

ReputationRep:
    If your interview goes good, what kind of offer do you get? Do you get unconditional or conditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minaybi)
    If your interview goes good, what kind of offer do you get? Do you get unconditional or conditional?
    Conditional if you haven't yet finished your A Levels or equivalent, unconditional if you have and are on a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone applied for accounting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was called for an interview on 19 February for Zoology, i'm not really sure what to expect, has anyone already been interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Chemical Engineering in December. Probably be firming Manchester as well

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied for Accounting BSc and also for Accounting and Finance BAecon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam zaheer)
    anyone applied for accounting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey, I applied for Accounting BSc and Accounting and Finance BAecon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, anyone holding an offer for Psychology bsc? (Got an unconditional with A*AB, I'm at uni already but I'll be starting fresh this year, again)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.