Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FizMalik)
    Hi, i'm new to the student room!
    Can anybody offer me advice about interviews please? I've been invited for one by Man Met but I'm really panicking about how I should prepare for it? Also does anybody know if there's a face-to-face interview as well as the written interview?
    Hope somebody can help xxx
    Hi, well done on you're interview I've got one at man met too and what I've been told about the written interview is: "All applicants who meet or are expected to meet our academic, personal and experiential admissions criteria will be invited to a written interview that further explores his or her values, attitudes, problem solving skills and knowledge and understanding of communication." so I'm guessing there be questions on problem solving, ethics/morals like a moral decision which you've got to weigh up the for and against, understanding of what a SALT does and why you want to be one I had a mock interview today which a principal at my college who interviews for medicine and he asked me stuff like describe one case when you had to adapt your communication skills and what are the key challenges that SALT face in modern Britain which I wasn't really prepared for... also make sure you know about why you want to go to that uni specifically, making sure you discuss the course over the city and how it's better than at other places. hope this helps, I know I haven't had a real interview yet but this is what unis, friends and teachers have said good luck

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Demontfort recently? I sent my application off 2nd Dec and it's definitely been 10 days now..... The only uni that said it would get back within a certain time but they're probably just very busy at the moment sorting everything out- looking for reassurance I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had interviews or any coming up this month for slt at Manchester university?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got interview for manchester university this month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloud97)
    Hi, well done on you're interview I've got one at man met too and what I've been told about the written interview is: "All applicants who meet or are expected to meet our academic, personal and experiential admissions criteria will be invited to a written interview that further explores his or her values, attitudes, problem solving skills and knowledge and understanding of communication." so I'm guessing there be questions on problem solving, ethics/morals like a moral decision which you've got to weigh up the for and against, understanding of what a SALT does and why you want to be one I had a mock interview today which a principal at my college who interviews for medicine and he asked me stuff like describe one case when you had to adapt your communication skills and what are the key challenges that SALT face in modern Britain which I wasn't really prepared for... also make sure you know about why you want to go to that uni specifically, making sure you discuss the course over the city and how it's better than at other places. hope this helps, I know I haven't had a real interview yet but this is what unis, friends and teachers have said good luck
    Hey - I'm actually 3rd year at Reading at the moment, but I was just trying to dig out the application questionnaire for Manchester... all I could find was this:

"Question 3: List 3 features of your own communication and explain why each is important to service users/clients that you might encounter as a speech and language therapy student."

I'm not sure why I haven't got the other questions saved... but they centred around topics like prioritisation (how can they meet the needs of increasing numbers of patients without increasing numbers of SLTs) and service delivery.

Hope this is helpful! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloud97)
    Thank you so so much, this really has helped a lot! Well done on getting an interview too, what date is yours? Mine's on the 14th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annamckay)
    Hello! Got an interview from Newcastle later this month and was wondering if anyone has experience with this/ knows what they look for? New to this! That was the first I heard back from any of my choices. Thank you!
    Interview process is quite straightforward. Group task tests team work skills and knowledge of the profession. Video task tests observation and writing skills. Presentation tests a bit of everything. I think the presentation is the best thing to excel at as two lecturers will be watching you specifically.

If Newcastle is your top choice then you could show off by saying you are aware the course is very science-y and based on problem based learning.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just received an interview offer for Leeds for 4th Feb. Anyone else heard?

ReputationRep:
    Bit worried about my Sheffield interview - no idea what to expect!

ReputationRep:
    Also to people who have applied to UEA, I emailed them back and they apologised and said the department director hasn't yet had time to verify the offers but it shouldn't be long at all

ReputationRep:
    Leeds Met and DMU is driving me insane - I just want an interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    No :/
    I'm probably in the "maybe" pile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higlet)
    No :/
    I'm probably in the "maybe" pile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I doubt it, maybe they haven't looked at all the applications yet. They do everything super late don't they!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    Congrats 😊 was it via track? X

ReputationRep:
    I got updated via track that ive got an interview as well for Leeds but it doesn't say a date? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madagascar)
    Congrats 😊 was it via track? X
    It was updated on track yes thank you hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amypewwy)
    I got updated via track that ive got an interview as well for Leeds but it doesn't say a date? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's very strange, what if you click on reply to this invite or view letter does it say a date on any of those pages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amypewwy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations on your interview

You don't appear to be on the table- if you let me know where and when have you applied to I will add you x

ReputationRep:
    Honestly this thing is stressing me out like mad. All I want is DMU and Leeds to acknowledge my existence haha

They both said on the phone they're waiting for all the applications to be in before they reply....

I feel bad for not even caring about QMU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    Honestly this thing is stressing me out like mad. All I want is DMU and Leeds to acknowledge my existence haha

They both said on the phone they're waiting for all the applications to be in before they reply....

I feel bad for not even caring about QMU.
    I'm with you on the Leeds front - it seems weird how they said that to you on the phone yet have already given out some interviews :/
    Hopefully we'll hear soon though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.