UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

GFG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone who hasn't received an offer yet for History with a year abroad?
bazinga000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeaaah, I've just received an offer for Management Science! Does someone know if there's an open day soon ?
egdargi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bazinga000)
Yeaaah, I've just received an offer for Management Science! Does someone know if there's an open day soon ?
Congrats mate. If you don't mind, when did you apply? When did you send the questionnaire? Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile
bazinga000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by egondargento)
Congrats mate. If you don't mind, when did you apply? When did you send the questionnaire? Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied on the 13th of October, they sent me the questionnaire mid-November and I'm Belgian.
Hhassan66
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone going to an offer holder day for computer science on the 11th of March?
Tommy1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The.Joker)
You mentioned earlier you're from a low income background so if you're entitled to most/maximum of the student loan and grant then that should be more than enough especially as UCL have their own bursary scheme where if you are from a low income family they give up to £3000 per year of study! I suggest (if you haven't already) look at UCL's accommodation prices and see how much it costs for the year so you know how much money you'll have left to live off.

I'm sure as long as you plan your meals and manage your money wisely you'll be fine in all honesty. Plus nights out don't need to be overly expensive, there's plenty of things to see and do in London for free/cheap. Maybe you can get a job after exams in the summer? That way you can save up some extra money for uni, I'm sure you can get a part time job during uni too, to help out with costs.
Yeah I will have a look at accommodation and try to work out weekly costs to see how much I will have left over. That's true what you say about spending wisely but I'm not convinced I will do that all of the time ahah. Yeah I will also find a summer job to do a little bit of saving thanks a lot for the tips!!
tsandhu2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by procrastinatorxl)
Got an offer for Human Sciences (38 points) anyone else?
Congratulations😊
notsure
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone for Urban planning open day on 10th march?
trantrungtri2911
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone got offer for UCL economics recently? and Is there anyone still waiting for UCL economics offer ?
I'm still waiting for UCL to reply for Economics offer. I have been waiting too long for their response and I'm afraid that my application may be rejected
Tommy1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ThatGuyRik)
When i said its very different i meant by general living, going out etc. Ie the nightlife is probably better than most places but really expensive. Everything is accessible by public transport. Its really busy all the time. I actually liked Nottingham its really nice. The accommodation is much nicer. For the price you pay for in London you would get much more up there.
Ohh I see, and I know yeah I went out to westminster on the underground before my visit day started.It's really efficient but rush hour was insane aha. Don't get me wrong I liked Nottingham too, I've just had this feeling that I want to be in the middle of a city after being a small town kid for so long 😁 the whole campus thing felt a bit secluded for me but everyone's different. I went out to see one of the halls and yeah it was good, lots of space and places to chill. I preferred Leeds mind! So it's either Leeds or UCL at the minute for my firm
oswald23
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GFG)
Anyone who hasn't received an offer yet for History with a year abroad?
Yeah applied in Mid November. Had the essay task but no offer.
abccba120
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trantrungtri2911)
Has anyone got offer for UCL economics recently? and Is there anyone still waiting for UCL economics offer ?
I'm still waiting for UCL to reply for Economics offer. I have been waiting too long for their response and I'm afraid that my application may be rejected
I'm still waiting for an offer but I've recently had an invite to an open day. I've been told the invite is basically an offer if you attend so I guess I can say yes I recently had a reply from UCL for economics. Anyway I'm sure there are still many offers left to give out so don't lose hope yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Queen,Daenerys
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Twin room

Hi if anyone is interested in sharing a twin room with me at Astor college (catered and closest to the main campus)
please feel free to contact me!
mush240
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How long does it usually take to get an invite for an offer holders open day after receiving an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ashaheen17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
^to the above poster

I think it's between a few days and a week! Depends on the department i guess but I got mine 3 days after!
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mush240)
How long does it usually take to get an invite for an offer holders open day after receiving an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Ashaheen17)
^to the above poster

I think it's between a few days and a week! Depends on the department i guess but I got mine 3 days after!
I got an offer a month and a half ago but still no open day...
Kebabs1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trantrungtri2911)
Most people on here seem to still be waiting for UCL Econ (myself included since mid-October), it's a stupid thing to worry about - my guess is that those who haven't heard yet are those who weren't the very best nor the very worst and that's why they've left so many so late. We all still have a fairly good chance of getting in I reckon.
shesouttacontrol
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kebabs1234)
Most people on here seem to still be waiting for UCL Econ (myself included since mid-October), it's a stupid thing to worry about - my guess is that those who haven't heard yet are those who weren't the very best nor the very worst and that's why they've left so many so late. We all still have a fairly good chance of getting in I reckon.
My application took ages i put it in early November and only just got an offer for geography so just because you haven't heard doesn't mean you've been rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
bazinga000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
About accommodation, hall or student house ?
heyfran
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got an offer for BA Economics and Business with EES! Applied on the 14th of January
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads