Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yo radical one
Christians 500 years ago: Burning witches and going on Crusades

Christians today: Coffee mornings and soup kitchens

Thats not Christianity tho thats a way of life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SiminaM
That was the official excuse. Regain access? Europeans had never been to the Holy Lands, what access was there to be regained?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_pilgrimage#History

The blocking of Christian pilgrimages was the cause of the Crusades.
Original post by yo radical one
Christians 500 years ago: Burning witches and going on Crusades

Christians today: Coffee mornings and soup kitchens

Don't mess with us. We'll feed you tea and biscuits untill you explode.
Reply 1083
Original post by Good bloke
You should listen more closely to your mate, then. He obviously talks good sense.

haha now that comment is something I normally say
Original post by G8D
Christianity for the most part has modernised, changed, and become less fundamental to many people's lives. It has graduated somewhat into a cultural phenomenon rather than a ideological one.

With the exception of quite large swathes of the USA, of course, where there are large numbers of Christian nutjobs who are just as ridiculous as the Islamist terrorists.
are all the terrorists involved in the incident dead now?
Original post by grassntai
are all the terrorists involved in the incident dead now?

The three directly involved in the two sieges are. There may be others, like the girlfriend of the black terrorist who was said to be possibly armed and dangerous.
Original post by Naima_786
You said you wanted to stand up to them, the British is standing up to them but is it going anywhere? No, only causing more conflict and deaths.

You have? really? Becuase it doesnt really seem like it

Yes it is, Hebdo is publishing more magazines than it did before and the terrorists are now dead.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
are you attempting to make a fool of yourself by being an apologists for islamists? the third gunman is not algerian. the two brothers that are dont give a toss about algeria, they were born in france, radicalised in its mosques and have been recruiting people to fight in syria for the last 2 years. this 100% an islamist agenda, jsut like every other incident anywhere. now they are shooting jews in a supermarket due to some moronic link they make with israel. we know its an islamist agenda because of the hallmarks, 1, animalistic and mindless and 2 moronic and counter-productive.

yeah the third one is african hence the reason a few posts back i said france have treated maghrebians and africans very badly.
Original post by Good bloke
In fact the hostage-taker at the kosher supermarket is also the police woman killing suspect, is linked to the Charlie Hebdo killers, is black (so may not be Algerian) and has killed two in the supermarket - according to French police bulletins. According to eye witnesses he has having two AK47s.

yeah i see that now.
my mistake
Original post by G8D

Even individuals in third world America typically only hold extreme beliefs rather than acting them out violently.

Apart from killing or harassing people who try to get abortions, of course.
Original post by matthewduncan
yeah the third one is african hence the reason a few posts back i said france have treated maghrebians and africans very badly.

stop flogging this dead horse and be a man to admit you have been proved wrong, this was never about algerians or africans, this was about three men follwing an islamist ideology, prob fed to them by islamist shieikhs looking for recruits. they have had involvement before and due to their ideology act like animals and have no regard for human life. their pattern is exactl as predicatable as every other we have seen. you are clueless, or trying to make stuff up.
Original post by SiminaM
http://mic.com/articles/107988/the-hero-of-the-charlie-hebdo-shooting-we-re-overlooking

I agree that mas murders are never justified. What drives me crazy, as an european and a chrisitian is the mockery that islamic religion has faced FOR YEARS in europe. And frankly, I think this issue is far larger than this attack. I know that western countries are sick of immigrants, but they come from colonies so deal with it - not a valid point I know but it is historically hypocritical....
Terrorism is unacceptable and no one deserves to be murdered.
But I don't see the point in mocking other religions.
Never had I heard a muslim/middle east publication mock christianity - they don't agree with it, but they don't make others feel like crap for believing in what they do. At least they take their religion very seriously, something europeans don't do anymore - not that I do, I'm just saying from this point of view, I respect muslims.
There are 5-6 MILLIONS muslims in France, why mock all of them just to annoy terrorists(because the magazine knew people were angry at them and didn't stop). Can someone explain me what those drawings mean aside from shaming 6 million people- only in France, worldwide who knows?- for their belief?

Again, I feel terribly sorry for the victims of terrorism but I do not agree that the publication is seen as a freedom of speech martyr - in my opinion, they abused the freedom of speech and those drawing are extremely offensive and hurtful.

finally someone with a brain.

This has little to do with islam.
For the most part its about the control of power and backlash for centuries of oppression at the hands of the french.
enjoy life on Andromeda, mate
Original post by G8D
Christianity and Judaism have been mocked far more yet the response from those faith have been... mostly civil or non-existent.

Why should we provide special treatment for people who insist on reacting like spoiled children?

christians and jews have at one point enslaved or ****ed up pretty much the whole world
Original post by SiminaM

Again, I feel terribly sorry for the victims of terrorism but I do not agree that the publication is seen as a freedom of speech martyr - in my opinion, they abused the freedom of speech and those drawing are extremely offensive and hurtful.
sorry, but they are free speech martyrs

whatever one may think of their cartoons, they were acting within the law. And the law is the basis of our society, the only barrier against total anarchy

the terrorists took the law in their hands, and meted out their imaginary "justice"

and yes, Charlie Hebdo's cartoonists are martyrs of free speech
christians and jews have at one point enslaved or ****ed up pretty much the whole world
as I said, you should leave Andromeda and join our contemporary society on Earth
Original post by mariachi
sorry, but they are free speech martyrs

whatever one may think of their cartoons, they were acting within the law. And the law is the basis of our society, the only barrier against total anarchy

the terrorists took the law in their hands, and meted out their imaginary "justice"

and yes, Charlie Hebdo's cartoonists are martyrs of free speech

Then what is the difference between offending someone for their skin color or for their religion and culture? Why is racism seen as a bad thing if mocking a religion/culture is seen as an act of freedom of speech?
Original post by SiminaM
Then what is the difference between offending someone for their skin color or for their religion and culture? Why is racism seen as a bad thing if mocking a religion/culture is seen as an act of freedom of speech?

Mocking someone for something they have no control over (e.g. the colour of their skin) is clearly not the same as mocking someone for something they have full control over (a belief).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending