Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Then how are we to eat? Hunt what? Pigeons and Sparrows?
    Free the farm animals and eat on your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    Abortion should be illegal.
    Why exactly do you think that?

ReputationRep:
    I dislike people that idolize the fake and plastic no personality kim kardashian, all that talentless ***** has done is make a sex tape and these people worship her, and try to aspire to be her fake figure.

Furthermore most of these people don't even know their local politician (BBC Three documentary, 2015) and then wonder why "the system is corrupt" because none of you fools participate in the things that really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    Why exactly do you think that?
    Because it's murder and not a part of a woman's body.

ReputationRep:
    There should be no laws prohibiting drugs. I don't care if someone wants to spend all day smoking crack. But I don't want them taking up one of the limited spaces in our prisons for doing so.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think hip hop is ready for open homosexuality.

I prefer new school rap to old school rap. The instrumentals are better, and rappers sound different now compared to the old days. I can't stand the monotone voice of some so called legends of hip-hop like Biggie for example. Lyrically, obviously he's a genius, but in terms of music, I don't like listening to his voice and the instrumentals are dead.

I don't think these are my most controversial views, these are just off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    I dislike people that idolize the fake and plastic no personality kim kardashian, all that talentless ***** has done is make a sex tape and these people worship her, and try to aspire to be her fake figure.

Furthermore most of these people don't even know their local politician (BBC Three documentary, 2015) and then wonder why "the system is corrupt" because none of you fools participate in the things that really matter.
    I idolise Kim Kardashian because she made a multi-million dollar business out of a sex tape and having a semi-famous father. Not many people have the entrepreneurial skills to be able to do that.

My local politician is Douglas Carswell. I voted Green though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    Because it's murder and not a part of a woman's body.
    Is it murder if a woman has her period without getting pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    I guess mine would be that one of the reasons for the rise of allergies is the fact that parents don't let their kids get dirty and experience microorganisms at a young age. And that kids should get a bigger variety of foods early in life to prevent allergies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allforza2)
    I guess mine would be that one of the reasons for the rise of allergies is the fact that parents don't let their kids get dirty and experience microorganisms at a young age. And that kids should get a bigger variety of foods early in life to prevent allergies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With the food one there is actually evidence for the opposite, and giving babies before 6 months a variety of solid foods or foods not easy enough for them to break down could trigger allergies due to them not being able to break down the molecules enough causing larger molecules to enter the blood stream creating an immune response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackoclypse)
    Dyslexia isn't real
    What makes you think that? Do you understand what dyslexia is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    It's a disorder of reproduction, specifically sexual attraction. It is clearly not a choice, and many studies have implicated a genetic component. Some would argue that a certain proportion of the population being gay actually confers overall reproductive benefit (something to do with demographic stability I'm not quite sure), but other diseases may also be beneficial in some aspects - CF and cholera, Sickle-cell and malaria.

However, what is important is that gay people should still have rights and be treated with respect. Like we don't make fun of the physically disabled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How does it not being a choice entail that it is a disorder?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how controversial it is, but I am pro-choice and believe every woman should be able to access abortion services easily for free.
    This is one of the reasons I will never go to Ireland, I refuse to vist/spend money in a country that has made it illegal.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by King Boo)
    That people are offended far too easily, and expect me to apologise for my opinions and thoughts if they are offended.

You dont like what I'm saying, ignore it or dont listen, you dont like the message in a song, dont listen to it. You dont like what a scientist is wearing, keep that opinion to yourself.

People are far too easily offended, and we've perpetuated a society that seems to give people who are offended a moral high ground as if being offended is worth something, its not. In the words of stephen fry, you're offended? So what.

Suck it up, deal with it and stop whining like an annoying little child. Im not going to apologise for my views because they differ to yours, and if you're offended by that, thats your issue, not mine.
    I think some people go out of their way to find some things offensive.

ReputationRep:
    There should be no such thing as private/public schools.

ReputationRep:
    blacks and indians contribute more to uk society than muslims/pakistanis ever have.

More sportspersons, journalists, politicians, food, music. And we dont say we hate uk society, try to bomb us and then live on its benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faxensis)
    blacks and indians contribute more to uk society than muslims/pakistanis ever have.

More sportspersons, journalists, politicians, food, music. And we dont say we hate uk society, try to bomb us and then live on its benefits.
    What about black and Indian Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    What about black and Indian Muslims?
    I wouldnt know..but nice attempt to read me and determine how i can sxpress myself.lolool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faxensis)
    I wouldnt know..but nice attempt to read me and determine how i can sxpress myself.lolool.
    ...?

I ws merely challenging the implication that being black or Indian and being Muslim are mutually exclusive, as I wanted to see how the negation of that implication would fit into your viewpoint.

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe thst but there you go....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.