Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kloekayne)
    You have to say participant first and then start to refer them to pp after that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHG58)
    MSM 12 marker either research into msm or msm on its own?
    Could get 6 A01 with just msm on it's own but would have to be detailed then for A02 just state that it has further empirical support from baddeley and contradictory evidence from WMM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.bryan4)
    Silly question but just making sure, when answering questions can we refer to participants as pps in the exam because I now some marks are for spelling etc. Can we also refer to Eye witness testimony as EWT and short-term memory as STM etc?
    Always write participants.

For EWT and STM, make sure you write the whole thing out first, then it brackets afterwards use the acronym. e.g. eye witness testimony (EWT). Then you can refer to it as EWT throughout the essay.

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to know bowlbys maternal deprivation hypothesis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerwolf96)
    The length of the exam is 1hr 30.
    Mine starts at 1pm
    oh i meant mine says the start time is 1:30 then duration 90mins (so yeah 1hr 30)

ReputationRep:
    When answering the question on misleading information on EWT, is one research study enough for a 12 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rswk)
    When answering the question on misleading information on EWT, is one research study enough for a 12 marker?
    I think writing about 2 studies in the AO1 is the least you should do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Not on the specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    i recommend knowing the pdd model

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtenshiai)
    Hiiiiighly doubt that

Czech twins - Koluchova
    Genie

Anyone know if we can use Hodges & Tizard too?
    Isn't deprivation studies of john, laura and the 4 children in foster care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!)
    i recommend knowing the pdd model
    Yeah I know that and case study of john.

ReputationRep:
    I know the 12 marker coming up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please explain what happened to KF and Clive Wearing? I know they're supporting evidence for some things but just wondering what they actually did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2cool4scool)
    Guys when describing the MSM/WMM do you need to know the details of the studies into capacity etc or can you just say 'Miller discovered that the capacity of the STM is 7+-2'???
    You don't need to know the studies. You just state that 'the capacity of STM is 7+-2 items'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are the predictions for this time?

ReputationRep:
    Can a 12 maker come on memory strategies ? If yes how likely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millseat)
    Isn't deprivation studies of john, laura and the 4 children in foster care?
    yes i wrote in a post after that, that i wrote about privation studies instead. sorry my bad

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please explain what happened to KF and Clive Wearing? I know they're supporting evidence for some things but just wondering what they actually did.
    Both patients suffered damage to their STM, so they couldn't process new information, but they could still remember things that were stored in their LTM before their incidents occurred. This supports the idea of separate memory stores.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Edres)
    Can a 12 maker come on memory strategies ? If yes how likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is very unlikely. There isn't enough criticisms for them or enough content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Clive Wearing lost his declarative memory but still had his procedural memory ( he remembered how to play the piano) This suggests that LTM can be separated into two further unit stores

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.