Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    LSE is a complete mystery to me. My friends got rejected with IB 43+ (one is a 45er).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offers from: LSE, Cambridge (Fitz) & Nottingham.

Still waiting on Durham/UCL. Applied in Oct, sat LNAT in early Nov but I don't think either received LNAT until end of Dec.

(Original post by arian66)
    Rejected by Cambridge, offers from Durham (which I'm firming), Warwick and Exeter, still waiting on Notts! I'm confused, because my LNAT must be fairly decent to have an offer from Durham, but I didn't hear from Nottingham within the two weeks they promised. Just want to finalise my decisions now and get this UCAS stuff over with until August!
    That's funny, I got an offer from Nottingham about 3 weeks after sitting the LNAT and have yet to hear even a peep from Durham yet. Best of luck though :~)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranayounis)
    Just thought I'd drop in here again

Has anyone heard back from Notts? I've applied over 3 months ago and nothing..

I've heard back from all my other ones. Rejected from Oxford but offered places at Warwick, Bristol and Exeter. Anyone similar?
    So weird.. I've got one from Nottingham AAA in December but not Bristor or Warwick. Also an Oxford reject...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviward36)
    So weird.. I've got one from Nottingham AAA in December but not Bristor or Warwick. Also an Oxford reject...
    Do you have any idea why Nottingham gave out an offer lower than their standard A*AA? I also received one with AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    Do you have any idea why Nottingham gave out an offer lower than their standard A*AA? I also received one with AAA
    They might have liked your personal statement/interview. When i was applying last year two unis went below standard offer after I had interviews, though the email from UCAS saying my offer had been changed absolutely terrified me as I thought that meant I'd been rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good gcses for law at Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeunexttuesday)
    Offers from: LSE, Cambridge (Fitz) & Nottingham.

Still waiting on Durham/UCL. Applied in Oct, sat LNAT in early Nov but I don't think either received LNAT until end of Dec.

That's funny, I got an offer from Nottingham about 3 weeks after sitting the LNAT and have yet to hear even a peep from Durham yet. Best of luck though :~)
    Congrats on LSE and Cambridge! How long ago did you receive an LSE offer ? (I'm still waiting), and what are your stats with regards GCSEs, ASs, and predictions if you don't mind me asking? 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurplePixie96)
    They might have liked your personal statement/interview. When i was applying last year two unis went below standard offer after I had interviews, though the email from UCAS saying my offer had been changed absolutely terrified me as I thought that meant I'd been rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would it also be because my predicted grades were only AAAA? (FYI, I actually have no idea what they are. My teachers told me they were classified information..). Although, I got an offer of A*AA from QMUL, so I guess my predicted grades should have at least one A*.

ReputationRep:
    got a conditional offer from QMUL today !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omskinski)
    got a conditional offer from QMUL today !
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    offer from LSE today! 5/5 offers can't believe the waiting is over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    offer from LSE today! 5/5 offers can't believe the waiting is over
    Wow that's amazing! Can I ask what you got at gcse pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    Wow that's amazing! Can I ask what you got at gcse pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    11A* 1A (pesky GCSE drama)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebklaine)
    Update: unconditionals from Oxford, Nottingham, and Durham. Conditional from UCL. Rejected from LSE. Finally done!
    Well done!! Are you Yasmin from new college at Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    Congrats on LSE and Cambridge! How long ago did you receive an LSE offer ? (I'm still waiting), and what are your stats with regards GCSEs, ASs, and predictions if you don't mind me asking? 🙃
    Thank you!

I received it the first week of Jan.

GCSE's were 6A*s, 3As & 1B
    and I'm applying on a gap-year after A-Levels where I got A*A*A*.

Best of luck with LSE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmabeth)
    Well done!! Are you Yasmin from new college at Oxford?
    Yes! And you're Gemma, right? lol, so weird to see you again but over the internet!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    (Original post by PurplePixie96)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't had any interviews though?
    Not sure, thought it might be something to do with the LNAT but then I think that's why I got rejected from Oxford and haven't got anything from Bristol yet so really no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    Would it also be because my predicted grades were only AAAA? (FYI, I actually have no idea what they are. My teachers told me they were classified information..). Although, I got an offer of A*AA from QMUL, so I guess my predicted grades should have at least one A*.
    You don't necessarily need your predictions to be the offer, if your teachers say you have potential to achieve the offer grades then you can get offers, I was fairly below one of my choices and they accepted based on what my teachers said XD

ReputationRep:
    QMUL offer just came in, happy to say I'll be in the UK next year!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    QMUL offer just came in, happy to say I'll be in the UK next year!!!!
    Congrats!! I got a notification from QMUL portal that they require additional information but it was a message saying that I'm put on hold.
    When did you apply?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.