Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithTeach)
    Hey all,
    I am applying for pgce upper primary in Cardiff Met. Bit concerned as I can only get my application off this thursday. My rederees are on the ball though and will be quick to get my references off after the application goes through. Just worried that there isn't much time I don't want to apply too late! Anyone heard from Cardiff Met yet?
    I've applied for upper primary Cardiff Met. I sent off my application last week and have not heard anything yet. It's not too late at all. From what I've read on past forums, people have applied at all times during the year and have had interviews/offers so you're certainly not late. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    Ok so interview one is over...

Started off with a talk and a tour of the campus... Then:

Had to do my 3 minute presentation to 2x school teachers 1x curriculum manager and 1x subject tutor

I was then asked questions on my topic

Then a formal interview which lasted 20 minutes with questions such as "what would you do if...."

Then a maths test... The questions were based on:

Trigonometric equations
    Vectors
    Differential analysis
    Statistical tests approving or disproving a hypothesis based on the outcome

Absolutely solid...

P.s. No my PGCE is not maths!!
    Oh that sounds intense but I'm sure you did great! What is your PGCE for? I have an interview for primary on Friday and I need to do a maths test to test my knowledge of KS2-3 maths. Do you think revising the maths skills test content would be appropriate or just going into bitesize and revising up to KS3? What had you revised?

ReputationRep:
    After today's drama which is now sorted I've now got two interviews for school direct secondary English! 26th and 27th November!!! whoop! one of them is my first choice n'all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 365gapyear)
    I have a PGCE interview coming up in which i have to prepare a 5 minute micro-teach episode on an area that interests me or a particular skill that i can teach to a group of adults (for example origami or tying a knot) Any ideas on what i could do would be extremely helpful as i am feeling slightly stressed on what to do and how to present myself in the best light?
    I did a micro lesson on making a paper aeroplane as an assignment on a PTLLS course once.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Quick question guys:
    Previous old threads for pgce a few years back they had to do maths English science test AT the institution they applied to on the interview day.
    However since we have to pass the QTS maths & English prior to we start the pgce if we get accepted of course, my question is do the institution make us do the maths English and science tests on the interview day? Or no? I'm a bit confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)
    I applied really late last year for PGCE, unsurprisingly I didn't get it.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to look at at my previous application. Just so it can save me some time when filling out some of the sections such as the work experience one.

I asked ucas and they said it will cost me £10 to get a copy!!
    When you say 'really late'? How late was it? I can only apply in January so I'm getting a bit nervous..

ReputationRep:
    I have either an interview for oxford or cambridge (track doesnt update yet) for next weds, can we move the interviews as I cannot afford to pay £110 to go down at such short notice, my durham interview is 2 days before which is wayyy too crammed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TunaTunnel)
    I have either an interview for oxford or cambridge (track doesnt update yet) for next weds, can we move the interviews as I cannot afford to pay £110 to go down at such short notice, my durham interview is 2 days before which is wayyy too crammed.
    I've seen dates moved before so maybe email them and explain your situation?

Out of interest how quick did Cambridge get back to you as I've applied for Primary PGCE there!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChancedTravels)
    Offer for UEL Primary :O
    Today is a good day haha
    Congratulations! That was quick!! When did you do the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TunaTunnel)
    Yes contact the unis and ask them to reschedule if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    Ok so interview one is over...

Started off with a talk and a tour of the campus... Then:

Had to do my 3 minute presentation to 2x school teachers 1x curriculum manager and 1x subject tutor

I was then asked questions on my topic

Then a formal interview which lasted 20 minutes with questions such as "what would you do if...."

Then a maths test... The questions were based on:

Trigonometric equations
    Vectors
    Differential analysis
    Statistical tests approving or disproving a hypothesis based on the outcome

Absolutely solid...

P.s. No my PGCE is not maths!!
    Relax now! Hope you get some good news from them soon!

ReputationRep:
    AHH, I've got 3 interviews - all next week. One of them involves an English, maths and science test, a written task on an educational issue which they will give me on the day, an individual presentation and then an individual interview! It's going to be a long week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyou)
    AHH, I've got 3 interviews - all next week. One of them involves an English, maths and science test, a written task on an educational issue which they will give me on the day, an individual presentation and then an individual interview! It's going to be a long week.
    I've got two in one day :O but they didn't say anything about a math/science/English test. Just a presentation and interview they said in the email! I'm dreading it! and it's this week!

ReputationRep:
    I am so jealous of everyone with interviews! I haven't even finished my application because I don't finish my placement until next week But will email my supervisor so he can do my reference now! Silently praying that the class teacher that I am with now will agree to be my reference! eek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eve38383)
    Haha thanks - feeling ok at the moment, will be braindead by Thursday evening though! I think I'm set for the skills tests, it's the interviews I'm worried about. There's actually a little more prep required than I'd expected for both interviews (pre interview tasks and forms to fill in; material to read that I'll be questioned on; mini lessons to plan). But then again, I imagine teachers have way more prep to do on a weekly basis so this is probably something I should just get used to!

Good luck to everyone with their applications and interviews.
    You don't have to do any tests at your interview? Good luck I hope you ace your interview

ReputationRep:
    Got my first interview offer today! Complete with 15+ pages of reading in order to prepare for a timed essay and group interview task. At least I have something other than skills test prep to direct my nervous energy at now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klemme)
    Primary!

I received an interview the next week and had to reschedule it to due to my international status

By any chance could someone tell me what is the standard dress for women that you have seen for the PGCE interviews? I'm coming from America and want to know what to pack! Also- if you are a PGCE international applicant, how did you reach out to schools to get the 5 day student observation placement? all advice is good , thanks!
    I'm applying internationally but I'm waiting until I get the experience to apply. Did you apply without any classroom observation at all? To line up the placement I emailed a lot of schools until one got back to me.

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody tell me what evidence of the application are you taking with you in your skills test? The complete application form is 10 pages long! I have my both skills test, this Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    My PGCE is chemistry hence the A-level maths test.. Not to alarm anyone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    I've seen dates moved before so maybe email them and explain your situation?

Out of interest how quick did Cambridge get back to you as I've applied for Primary PGCE there!!
    Check UCAS Track for Cambridge, I got rejected within 3 days but didn't know unti I checked Track

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.