The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmacook98
also doing tectonics, ecosystems and world cities. i got a C at AS so will be retaking both papers:frown: but I'm creating booklets with everything in for the A2 topics so let me know if you want me to post them. they include questions and task pages as well... helps me.
any advice for me because I'm not very good at knowing what the exam board want in an answer, thanks :smile: x

I have a very reliable source within AQA who has strongly suggested that candidates should prepare essays on:

Tectonics: Intrusive and extrusive landforms
Weather and Climate: The origin and characteristics of anticyclones
Ecosystems: Temperate deciduous woodland characteristics and reasons for existence
World Cities: Retailing and regeneration internationally
Development and Globalisation: Trade groupings pros and cons
Contemporary Conflicts and Challenges: How to control immigration and the issues it brings

Obviously, these MAY NOT come up, but it is likely they will.

Best of luck.
Original post by qwertyspider
I have a very reliable source within AQA who has strongly suggested that candidates should prepare essays on:

Ecosystems: Temperate deciduous woodland characteristics and reasons for existence
Contemporary Conflicts and Challenges: How to control immigration and the issues it brings

Best of luck.

is this for short questions or 40 marker?
Original post by Hesterrose

From what I have been told, they are the 40 mark essays. They were the preliminary selections made by the board. Only once over the past 5 years have they changed the questions once the prelim. selections were made.

Best of luck.

Does 'Intrusive and extrusive landforms' only apply to volcanoes?
What possible questions could they ask?

Best of luck.

i honestly cant see a 40m on landforms coming up, theres far to little to talk about let alone the lack of case studies but i wont dismiss it either way.
Here are some essay plans for the past development 40 markers if anyone is interested.
Original post by Mullhouse
Does 'Intrusive and extrusive landforms' only apply to volcanoes?
What possible questions could they ask?

Yes you are correct.

They may ask about how the landforms are changed by the type of lava, maybe a few examples of volcanoes with this type of lava could be given.
From what I have been told, they are the 40 mark essays. They were the preliminary selections made by the board. Only once over the past 5 years have they changed the questions once the prelim. selections were made.

but grouping of nations was the 40 marker for development and globalisation last year so surely they won't repeat the same one two years in a row?
Original post by PEAK4U
i honestly cant see a 40m on landforms coming up, theres far to little to talk about let alone the lack of case studies but i wont dismiss it either way.

It is, of course, up to you to choose what you revise in depth over the next two days but I would strongly recommend that landforms are given careful consideration.

The Great Whin Sill, the High Force. Cauldron Snout, Hadrian's Wall etc are all examples of case studies which come up in the official text book.
Reply 1089

If they are 40 mark essays how can retail and regeneration come up?? Or is that for structured?

what about the structured questions for ecosystems, world cities and conflicts? does your source know?
but grouping of nations was the 40 marker for development and globalisation last year so surely they won't repeat the same one two years in a row?

More focus this year on European Union and trade. My source has implied that the current debate and upcoming referendum about the EU will play a huge role in Thursday's D & G section and essay choice.
Original post by maximiles97
what about the structured questions for ecosystems, world cities and conflicts? does your source know?

Structured questions change depending on available material re. copyright etc... Harder to tell but expect something relevant for conflicts, separatism etc...
Reply 1093
Original post by tatschiaramonte
What do you think the 40 marker will be for d and g

I don't know I'm not doin d and G long

Best of luck.

I'm pretty sure anticyclones wouldn't come up as a 40 marker for W&C because we aren't told to learn even one case study on them. It would be pretty much impossible to write 40 marks just on the theory about anticyclones, but I'll go over them again just in case I suppose.
Can anyone tell me what is meant by the nature of a volcanic event?
Reply 1096

What would you put in retailing and regeneration internationally?
Original post by psychemma
I'm pretty sure anticyclones wouldn't come up as a 40 marker for W&C because we aren't told to learn even one case study on them. It would be pretty much impossible to write 40 marks just on the theory about anticyclones, but I'll go over them again just in case I suppose.

Talk about Winter vs Summer weather, Fogs, maybe mention a storm event.

For the structured questions a certain event in 1987 may make a big appearance. Let's see if you've revised enough and see what I mean by that!!

Best of luck on Thursday.
Reply 1098

Best of luck.

What would you put in retailing and regeneration internationally
Talk about Winter vs Summer weather, Fogs, maybe mention a storm event.

For the structured questions a certain event in 1987 may make a big appearance. Let's see if you've revised enough and see what I mean by that!!

Best of luck on Thursday.

Nah more like the event in December 2015...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending