Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittt)
    Are you guys applying as grads or school leavers?
    I'm a grad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    I'm a grad
    Same here. & I've been rejected from my other three choices pre-interview too :'( Keele sure do know how to make this wait as painful as possible! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittt)
    Same here. & I've been rejected from my other three choices pre-interview too :'( Keele sure do know how to make this wait as painful as possible! :P
    Yeah they do! I hope we hear today

ReputationRep:
    Stats: 5 A* 4 A GCSE
    AAAA at AS
    2500 Band 1 UKCAT

and what i get is a rejection from all Unis. Its strange how they choose future doctors based on a few paragraphs, i bet someone who is good at english can put together the most fluent and seamless RR or Personal statement, but no way that means they are a good doctor. Simply ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Guys, I have just received an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe this is actually happening. Cannot describe how happy I am! Thank you sooo much for all the tips and motivation you all have given me (and everyone else).
    Email came through @16.41
    Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear.

Yay, congratulations!! You deserve this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a209150)
    AAAA at AS
    2500 Band 1 UKCAT

and what i get is a rejection from all Unis. Its strange how they choose future doctors based on a few paragraphs, i bet someone who is good at english can put together the most fluent and seamless RR or Personal statement, but no way that means they are a good doctor. Simply ridiculous.
    keele is one of the only unis that bases things almost purely on a RR or personal statement, most of the others are purely academic, I had very similar stats when I applied as an undergrad and also got 4 resections pre interview, there are just so may people out there with higher academics and UKCATs applying for medicine unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a209150)
    AAAA at AS
    2500 Band 1 UKCAT

Don't be disheartened by this. Work experience is a big factor for keele and the R and R form is pretty much saying what you learned from the work experience you did, they're not focused on your academics!

ReputationRep:
    rejection at 11:50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnusbane)
    rejection at 11:50
    Really sorry to hear that wishing you the best in the future man

ReputationRep:
    To the people who were given interviews yesterday, what date was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiredofwaiting)
    Really sorry to hear that wishing you the best in the future man
    thank you, good luck to you too c:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an interview today?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else heard? 😬😬

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else heard? 😬😬
    I just got rejected
    Got email at 15:29

ReputationRep:
    Rejected at 15.29. I've got two GEM interviews lined up so all is not lost but I can't understand how 10 years nursing and caring experience is not enough for the R&r form. I made sure to emphasise things that were over and above the call of duty as well. Oh well, well done to all who got interviews and commiserations to those who didn't. Keep trying though, it's a tough old game!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also got rejected at 12.04 today.
    Grad with 2 years working in care and months of volunteering at hospitals, as well as being a secondary school teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaz297)
    I also got rejected at 12.04 today.
    Grad with 2 years working in care and months of volunteering at hospitals, as well as being a secondary school teacher.
    I'm really sorry to hear that! But keep going we all deserve to get a place! Btw are these rejections pre or post interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    I'm really sorry to hear that! But keep going we all deserve to get a place! Btw are these rejections pre or post interview?
    Pre were still waiting to hear!

ReputationRep:
    Pre were still waiting to hear!
    It's terrible that people are still waiting to hear if they've got an interview though, it's about 4 and a half months since we got our applications in...

ReputationRep:
    For those that were lucky enough to be offered an interview, what kind of experience did you have in terms of volunteering? I've heard that some people have over 300 hours accumulated, but there's no way I could get that many hours between now and October

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.