Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know Nottingham's threshold for lnat?

(Original post by sop10)
    Anybody know Nottingham's threshold for lnat?
    last year it was 19. this year I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzzler)
    trinity college, you?? and how did your interview go do you think?
    Downing, I thought the first interview went ok, although there were a couple of dodgy moments, the second interview went quite well. How about your interview? The essay is my biggest concern.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know if the status in ucl portico always changes when they start considering your application? Mine says 'application received' since November 18th When shlould I expect an offer/rejection thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    We have the same predictions and the same feeling about our predictions haha!

Thank you for telling me all this, and yes I thought the LNAT was okay not amazing but not terrible!
    You're welcome! Haha that's so funny that we have the same and feel the same way about them! Good luck with offers and exams!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    HEEEYYYYY HIGHH FIVEEEE! I've been searching for oriel law candidates since I found I got the offer!! Tell me alllllll about you!!!!
    OH YAY!!!!! Same I haven't found anyone!!!!!! We should start a thread! I'm from Oxford originally, what about you? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeonh)
    I am!
    How are you feeling?
    I'm quite nervous actually! hahah coming to realise how competitive law as a course really is at top unis such as cambridge. what about you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelina11)
    Me too! How did you find the interview?
    the interview was alright i think. I mean you never really know with these things hahah, I felt like it could have gone better, but i mean it really comes down to what they thought of you.

What about you? What college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    Downing, I thought the first interview went ok, although there were a couple of dodgy moments, the second interview went quite well. How about your interview? The essay is my biggest concern.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg! I really wanted to apply to Downing as well but settled for trinity in the end.

My interview was alright, there were a couple of dodgy moments as well hahaha but to be honest I think that just shows the interviewers that there's room for you to expand your thought processes. We'll see though! Best of luck for the 12th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzzler)
    Omg! I really wanted to apply to Downing as well but settled for trinity in the end.

My interview was alright, there were a couple of dodgy moments as well hahaha but to be honest I think that just shows the interviewers that there's room for you to expand your thought processes. We'll see though! Best of luck for the 12th
    Hahaha, both Downing and Trinity are beautiful. That's true, if you were to get everything right without hesitation it would probably seem like you've memorised the answers. Thanks, you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gap year applicant,

I applied Cambridge, UCL, LSE, KCL and Warwick.

I'm waiting on the great and dandy Cambridge next week.

I have an offer from KCL AND LSE thus far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mumollypolly)
    I'm just worried that they may not have my LNAT scores and I want them to have it before the deadline... Apart from filling in your LNAT ID on your UCAS application and ticking the schools when applying for the LNAT, did you do anything else? Thanks
    Nope, that's all I did. You could email your LNAT universities with your LNAT ID to ensure they've got it if you're really worried, but I'm constantly being reminded that law is a super busy course and that I will undoubtedly have to wait a while for responses. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fckinfightme)
    Nope, that's all I did. You could email your LNAT universities with your LNAT ID to ensure they've got it if you're really worried, but I'm constantly being reminded that law is a super busy course and that I will undoubtedly have to wait a while for responses. Good luck.
    Wait? All I did was to fill in my UCAS ID in my LNAT account. I also ticked the unis that I wanted to see my results. That was all, right?
    Where in my UCAS application should have I entered my LNAT ID?

(Original post by abdulmilad)
    I'm a gap year applicant,

I applied Cambridge, UCL, LSE, KCL and Warwick.

I'm waiting on the great and dandy Cambridge next week.

I have an offer from KCL AND LSE thus far
    did you take A levels or the IB? which A levels subjects did u take and from which exam boards? what were your grades? are you an international student? how did you practice for the LNAT? the LNAT website only has 2 essay samples. do you have links to other LNAT sample essays? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    Wait? All I did was to fill in my UCAS ID in my LNAT account. I also ticked the unis that I wanted to see my results. That was all, right?
    Where in my UCAS application should have I entered my LNAT ID?
    I just double checked, I didn't do that but unis have my lnat score. I dont think i had the option to do that on the ucas website. Sorry for panicking you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone was applying for the HKU programme at UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    My LNAT went down the drain too I applied to KCL and durham too :"(

same I am dying to hear back from KCL it's 100% my first choice when did u apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siri29)
    I was a bit interested in the programme as it could give me interesting opportunities but saw that the tuition fees in HKU are high as f***.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    I was a bit interested in the programme as it could give me interesting opportunities but saw that the tuition fees in HKU are high as f***.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahaha true but compared to the UK fees for internationals they're pretty decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siri29)
    I'd actually be more interested in the student exchange LSE and UCL do with Columbia in the US - if you're gonna pay a ****ton in fees, might as well do it in a country where legal careers pay well :P (or at least in NY)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.