The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I called this a year ago, a lot of you owe me an apology tbh.

We should do a ''what time will LVG get sacked'' sweepstake.

I'm going for 9:30am tomorrow morning
i'm going for 10pm tonight!
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The_Stig)
hahahaha
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Nope, he'll go after Chelsea game when we get spanked at home
Doubt the board are going to wait that long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There is nothing better than football banners during Christmas time. Fans seem to get even stranger and more unique than ever.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely see him getting sacked before the Chelsea game and then we see Jose watching the United game at Old Trafford.

1pm tmoz.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone see the post match interview.
Van Gaal got no chill!
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hang on. I just realised the Chelsea match is 2 days later. I thought it would be next week. This changes things a little.
The board may indeed wait until after the Chelsea game in that case. Hope they do it now but it's a very real possibility that they'll wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
Hang on. I just realised the Chelsea match is 2 days later. I thought it would be next week. This changes things a little.
The board may indeed wait until after the Chelsea game in that case. Hope they do it now but it's a very real possibility that they'll wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They'll wait for sure. Anything but three points against Chelsea will mean he's sacked, and it also allows the United board to appear to have given LVG every chance possible to turn it around.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think they'll give him the Chelsea game but not massively sure a win would keep his job after today's result. LVG needed 6pts to save his job and don't envisage 3 will be enough.

Players talked a big game but today's performance showed that as has been the case for a while, they're just not following his philosophy and even they seem bored by his football. But still doesn't excuse a lack of fight and commitment and if they do get rid of LVG, I'd try and get Pep because with the way he trains his players, only that level of focus will help these players get back to ultimate mental and physical sharpness. Plus, make Jose sweat..

Memphis has been alot poorer that I'd thought he would be - might be a case of the system but struggling big time.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
I think they'll give him the Chelsea game but not massively sure a win would keep his job after today's result. LVG needed 6pts to save his job and don't envisage 3 will be enough.

Players talked a big game but today's performance showed that as has been the case for a while, they're just not following his philosophy and even they seem bored by his football. But still doesn't excuse a lack of fight and commitment and if they do get rid of LVG, I'd try and get Pep because with the way he trains his players, only that level of focus will help these players get back to ultimate mental and physical sharpness. Plus, make Jose sweat..

Memphis has been alot poorer that I'd thought he would be - might be a case of the system but struggling big time.
If you think that a win may not even be enough, then what would be the point in giving him that game? Just sack beforehand if that's the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Harvey.Specter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)

I have a feeling Depay will turn out to be a Nani, brief moments of brilliance but all in all a very frustrating player. He's still very young though so he may mature into a much better player, but it does seem like he has an attitude problem. Everyone was rating him for what he supposedly said to RVP in training that led to the spat, but that just made me think Memphis is a ******** tbh, if it was true that is.

I really want LVG out but the alternative in Mourinho doesn't appeal to me either. We could just as easily end up in the same position after one season and even though I hate LVG, at least he put himself across well during media obligations. Don't really know if I could stomach Jose's antics. I honestly think we should do our best to lure Pep over to Old Trafford. Some baseless rumours flying around that he "told friends to could join Manchester United and not City" but I just hope they're true. Other than Jose or Pep, there isn't realistically anyone we could get that you would say is a Manchester United calibre manager.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harvey.Specter)
I have a feeling Depay will turn out to be a Nani, brief moments of brilliance but all in all a very frustrating player. He's still very young though so he may mature into a much better player, but it does seem like he has an attitude problem. Everyone was rating him for what he supposedly said to RVP in training that led to the spat, but that just made me think Memphis is a ******** tbh, if it was true that is.

I really want LVG out but the alternative in Mourinho doesn't appeal to me either. We could just as easily end up in the same position after one season and even though I hate LVG, at least he put himself across well during media obligations. Don't really know if I could stomach Jose's antics. I honestly think we should do our best to lure Pep over to Old Trafford. Some baseless rumours flying around that he "told friends to could join Manchester United and not City" but I just hope they're true. Other than Jose or Pep, there isn't realistically anyone we could get that you would say is a Manchester United calibre manager.
It's difficult to tell with Depay whether the system is causing him to play muddled but that doesn't excuse, IMO, him not adjusting to the PL bit more quicker. He's not going to space and time as he did in Holland so it seems he hasn't altered his game.

On Pep/Jose - I'd prefer the former as what LVG has done so far is lay tactical foundations that Pep could improve on and his intensity and tactical thinking is the sort of new approach the players need. They wouldn't have been as lethargic as they have been with him. Jose is begging for the job so why rush out to give it him if there's a small chance Pep might consider coming? Real don't want Jose back in a rush so besides PSG, not a massive load of options available so let him stew.

(Original post by qasidb)
If you think that a win may not even be enough, then what would be the point in giving him that game? Just sack beforehand if that's the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think there being a quick turnaround of games means they probably cba dealing with the fall out of the sacking, Giggs stepping in, I imagine. But on the other hand, if they did do it this evening/tomorrow, might help breed some positivity for the Monday game whereas atm, it's likely to be a downbeat and pessimistic atmosphere.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hm. LVG saying your players 'don't dare play' football. Is this his version of Mourinho feeling betrayed? Could be the beginning of the end...
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chelsea are losing hahahaha

that makes me feel better about our situation

Edit: FFS they equalised now... **** :lol:
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
Chelsea are losing hahahaha

that makes me feel better about our situation
2-2
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
2-2
:cry2:
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Jesus. Sounds like LVG might resign...

“I can quit by myself but that is something I speak about with Ed Woodward by himself.

I will speak with him first and then with my staff. I need to have a conversation but I do not need to tell you what I want to say. I am not so interested in public talking.”
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Jesus. Sounds like LVG might resign...

“I can quit by myself but that is something I speak about with Ed Woodward by himself.

I will speak with him first and then with my staff. I need to have a conversation but I do not need to tell you what I want to say. I am not so interested in public talking.”
I just read the full report on BBC! Pls pls go tonight....

tired of his crappy philosophy.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
x
Don't worry Hayley, I'm here...

TO LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!!
Lol.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are your sources saying hayles101

He has to go before this Chelsea game surely? It's clear he's lost the plot, what's the point of dragging this chapter out.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (216)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
18.63%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
10.78%

Watched Threads