Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) Watch

(Original post by ronnydandam)
    I think I got exactly 112. Was thinking it'd be around 106 for an A - it's a new spec, all the content assessed in both papers too
    How are you so sure about 112? Really don't get how people are really basing their grades off the unofficial mark schemes 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epiclumberjack)
    Mass given in question/molar mass of the compound
    wasnt it a gas though, so v/24?

I think I got exactly 112. Was thinking it'd be around 106 for an A - it's a new spec, all the content assessed in both papers too
    Yes it is a new spec but if everyone did very good despite this, then grade boundaries might increase again. This is my predictions though, it may be completely different or similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsDanderson)
    How are you so sure about 112? Really don't get how people are really basing their grades off the unofficial mark schemes 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chemistry is not very subjective so it's quite easy to work out roughly how many marks you got.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well chemistryalevel guy on twitter did the paper and posted the questions and answers so I defo know my marks for the first paper

ReputationRep:
    The peak did work for butanoic acid actually. Just gunna assume I got it wrong anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't think peaks like 73 worked for butanoic acid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    Yes it is a new spec but if everyone did very good despite this, then grade boundaries might increase again. This is my predictions though, it may be completely different or similar.
    fair enough, any chance it'd be above 80% you reckon?

fair enough, any chance it'd be above 80% you reckon?
    I don't think it will exceed 80%, it may increase to 83% but no higher than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    I don't think it will exceed 80%, it may increase to 83% but no higher than that.
    damn, lets hope not

ReputationRep:
    Guys, for the last question I wrote that the peak at 43 only works with 2-methylpropanoic acid, even though it does work with butanoic acid.. Would I still get full marks or have I just contradicted myself and lost a mark or two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    Guyys, for the last question I wrote that the peak at 43 only works with 2-methylpropanoic acid, even though it does work with butanoic acid.. Would I still get full marks or have I just contradicted myself and lost a mark or two?
    I wrote about 43 and 73 so hopefully not!

ReputationRep:
    When thinking about grade boundaries we are to think about how people found it in general. I don't think every other person is getting 95% in them.
    Would you say the TSR population is representative of all the people who did the exam?

I think 105 for an A. It would be as high as 115. A person who drops 10 marks in both papers (gets 86%) will only be 5 marks of a B. That is why O think 114-115 boundary is too high.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the pV=nRT question using n=V/24000 ? (like instead of n=m/M)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloelaura27)
    Did anyone do the pV=nRT question using n=V/24000 ?
    it wasn't at RTP so I don't think that would have worked.. I did n= m/Mr and then P = nRT/V

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    When thinking about grade boundaries we are to think about how people found it in general. I don't think every other person is getting 95% in them.
    Would you say the TSR population is representative of all the people who did the exam?

I think 105 for an A. It would be as high as 115. A person who drops 10 marks in both papers (gets 86%) will only be 5 marks of a B. That is why O think 114-115 boundary is too high.
    I'd say TSR is not representative of the whole population.. I think 80% (112 marks) for an A might be a bit too high so yeah I will agree with you that 105 ish would work better

(Original post by marioman)
    Chemistry is not very subjective so it's quite easy to work out roughly how many marks you got.
    But still, we don't know how pedantic the new spec will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    I wrote about 43 and 73 so hopefully not!
    Me too, geez am panicking now!!

ReputationRep:
    But still, we don't know how pedantic the new spec will be

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a teacher did the answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloelaura27)
    Did anyone do the pV=nRT question using n=V/24000 ?
    I'm sure I did. Was there another way? I ended up with 4.(something) mol anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasonrose98)
    I'm sure I did. Was there another way? I ended up with 4.(something) mol anyways
    Mass of gas / Mr of gas

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.