Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    downtime man. been out 4 nights in a row so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn son

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think about applying to front office AND back office (as a back up) at the same bank?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if CITI is open or when it is opening?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous199)
    what do you guys think about applying to front office AND back office (as a back up) at the same bank?
    apart from Goldman don't think you can?

ReputationRep:
    anyone here from warwick applying for sw? pm

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done the nomura numerical reasoning test? Any tips/free practise sites to use of revise from?

ReputationRep:
    Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting uni this week, what should I give as my expected degree class on my applications given that I haven't taken any exams?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Do you know when the interviews start in the BB banks ?

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know when the interviews start in the BB banks ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks
    do it all lad
    thats the way its meant

ReputationRep:
    Is a Computer Science degree from KCL acceptable in terms of applying for front office spring weeks??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nottheone18)
    Is a Computer Science degree from KCL acceptable in terms of applying for front office spring weeks??
    duh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol what? I thought it was more common to do an Economics degree to go into ibd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    duh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought it was more common to do economics for ibd

Hi guys i am very new to this!! I am about to start my science degree at durham. And i wanted to pursue a career in banking. And i just dunno where to start. Can anyone tell me how to application works ? When i should start applying? Do i havea good chance? And what i could do to make my application better? Extra curriculum? Any other tips? Really anything would help? How hard is it to secure a place? Wherr could i apply to get placements next summer
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nottheone18)
      I thought it was more common to do economics for ibd
      does more common = you have to? no.

the course you do doesn't matter within reason - for like the 6000th time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blessed107)
      Hi guys i am very new to this!! I am about to start my science degree at durham. And i wanted to pursue a career in banking. And i just dunno where to start. Can anyone tell me how to application works ? When i should start applying? Do i havea good chance? And what i could do to make my application better? Extra curriculum? Any other tips? Really anything would help? How hard is it to secure a place? Wherr could i apply to get placements next summer
      Start applying as soon as possible. I dont see how you expect us to be able to decide whether you have a good chance?

Do extracurricular activities like sports or volunteering. It is quite hard to secure a place- usually around 30+ applicants per place so its important to apply to every spring week. What division are you applying for?

The applications have opened and the applciation process is quite simple- there is an online application you need to fill in, then there's a numerical or problem solving test, then there is an interview.

(Original post by Ladbants)
        Start applying as soon as possible. I dont know how you expect us to be able to decide whether you have a good chance?

Do extracurricular activities like sports or volunteering. It is quite hard to secure a place- usually around 30+ applicants per place so its important to apply to every spring week. What division are you applying for?

The applications have opened and the applciation process is quite simple- there is an online application you need to fill in, then there's a numerical or problem solving test, then there is an interview.
        Can i apply eventhough i am in my first year? Also i have no idea what divisions there are?and when do applications open and close? And am i too late? And also do i need to make a CV

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blessed107)
        Can i apply eventhough i am in my first year? Also i have no idea what divisions there are?and when do applications open and close? And am i too late? And also do i need to make a CV
        If you're in the first year of a four year degree then you need to apply next year. So you have plenty of time.

If you have no idea what the divisions are, you definitely need to do a lot more research on banking. If you don't know what a banker does, why do you want to become a banker? It's like saying you want to become a doctor without knowing what a doctor does. And yes, of course you need a CV! Not just for banking but for pretty much any job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.