** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    How many words is best for a cover letter? Thanks
    400-500 I would say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealdeal580)
    400-500 I would say

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    downtime man. been out 4 nights in a row so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn son

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys think about applying to front office AND back office (as a back up) at the same bank?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if CITI is open or when it is opening?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous199)
    what do you guys think about applying to front office AND back office (as a back up) at the same bank?
    apart from Goldman don't think you can?

ReputationRep:
    anyone here from warwick applying for sw? pm

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done the nomura numerical reasoning test? Any tips/free practise sites to use of revise from?

ReputationRep:
    Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting uni this week, what should I give as my expected degree class on my applications given that I haven't taken any exams?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Do you know when the interviews start in the BB banks ?

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know when the interviews start in the BB banks ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks
    do it all lad
    thats the way its meant

ReputationRep:
    Is a Computer Science degree from KCL acceptable in terms of applying for front office spring weeks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nottheone18)
    Is a Computer Science degree from KCL acceptable in terms of applying for front office spring weeks??
    duh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol what? I thought it was more common to do an Economics degree to go into ibd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    duh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought it was more common to do economics for ibd

Hi guys i am very new to this!! I am about to start my science degree at durham. And i wanted to pursue a career in banking. And i just dunno where to start. Can anyone tell me how to application works ? When i should start applying? Do i havea good chance? And what i could do to make my application better? Extra curriculum? Any other tips? Really anything would help? How hard is it to secure a place? Wherr could i apply to get placements next summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nottheone18)
    I thought it was more common to do economics for ibd
    does more common = you have to? no.

the course you do doesn't matter within reason - for like the 6000th time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blessed107)
    Hi guys i am very new to this!! I am about to start my science degree at durham. And i wanted to pursue a career in banking. And i just dunno where to start. Can anyone tell me how to application works ? When i should start applying? Do i havea good chance? And what i could do to make my application better? Extra curriculum? Any other tips? Really anything would help? How hard is it to secure a place? Wherr could i apply to get placements next summer
    Start applying as soon as possible. I dont see how you expect us to be able to decide whether you have a good chance?

Do extracurricular activities like sports or volunteering. It is quite hard to secure a place- usually around 30+ applicants per place so its important to apply to every spring week. What division are you applying for?

The applications have opened and the applciation process is quite simple- there is an online application you need to fill in, then there's a numerical or problem solving test, then there is an interview.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.