Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jojojuice)
    Possibly! I kept get 12 H's instead of 14. Also did the spectrum show that it was a carboxylic acid whereas the individual peaks showed the O-H to be separate from the C=O
    Apparently one of the oxygens was involved as an ether???
    Pretty silly considering ethers aren't even in our syllabus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lishakb97)
    there wasn't a c=o? there was no c=o absorption in the infrared spectrum
    It was next to the O-H at 3000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boundless_x)
    This became very clear to me while struggling to complete the worst paper in existence....which explains my post after the exam..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I beat you to the crying :bawling:
    Lol! The questions really put me off. I'd say we're all in the same boat but...

Spoiler:
    Show
    it's filling up with tears

(Original post by DexterMabel)
    I remember getting all 3 of these
    OMG Same!

(Original post by HannahC-H)
    I think it was AgNO3 and a white ppt of AgCl formed with the acyl chloride
    But they both had Chlorine in? I said a vigorous reaction when amine is added to acyl chloride.

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty confident that the answer to the Cnmr question was 9..until I came on here.
    It is 9.

ReputationRep:
    Its definitely 9 guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Was there a 6 mark Buffer question??
    On the international paper aka edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randoms132)
    Do you by any chance Remember the name of the molecule? I need to find out because i re counted at least 3 times and i was pretty sure :-(
    I got 9 too, did yu remember that there were 4 in the benzene ring itself, then there were the two methyl (the same) so that's 5, the the NH so 6, then the CH2 (7), then the two ethyl groups which were symmetrical so the same but two environments (CH2CH3) so there were 9

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have biol4 on thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    for this one i guessed last minute and said it had ionic bonding which is stronger than hydrogen bonding so the compound doesn't break down as easily. probably totally wrong had absolutely no clue
    I said it was more vulnerable to hydrolysis and so the anaesthetic would ease off

ReputationRep:
    Anyone care to make a Hitler video?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OloMed)
    Yeah, it was easy though, end of Q3. Nah, only joking lol, relax
    Du you gave me such a fright then XD

ReputationRep:
    Yah :-(((((((((

ReputationRep:
    Is that OCR? If so, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muzzbuzzyhahaha)
    What did you write for
    Why is lidocaine hydrochloride rather than lidocaine preferred to be used in medicine?
    I said that lidocaine may undergo further substitution reactions to produce a quaternary ammonium salt, so could give an impure product. Could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jojojuice)
    It was next to the O-H at 3000
    the range for a c=o bond is 1680-1750 though and there wasn't a peak there

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-INS-JUN15.PDF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _newbe)
    you can acidity it because acidifying it gets rid of in wanted ions if you put NaOH with AgNO3 that would of been no marks as they give the same the result
    I said you can add HCN because HCl misty fumes will be formed

ReputationRep:
    Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Just trying to forget about today and move on

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty confident that the answer to the Cnmr question was 9..until I came on here.
    mate, it is 9. Student room is a dangerous place to go straight after an exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unspokenhorse)
    The ch3 on the left would have a different value of chemical shift, so this can't be the case, as the groups aren't equivalent.
    Good point. Perhaps my correction was wrong..
    I completely skipped over the fact that it had to be secondary or primary.. But I cannot see it being any other than a tertiary due to the number of peaks and the data given:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.