The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
I hope you fail your gcse's lol.

I can't argue with you on that. They are too difficult m8.
Original post by Insight314
Just making sure I chill/relax during summer and not burn out from maths.

I still manage 5+ hours of maths a day, which is more than you will ever do, old chap.

Btw has ur Boom Algebra and geometry come yet?
Hope it gets lost in amazin depot.
Btw has ur Boom Algebra and geometry come yet?
Hope it gets lost in amazin depot.

Lol, at least I am good enough at math to use it wasteman.

In all honesty, it looks really pretty. I can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. :h:
Lol, at least I am good enough at math to use it wasteman.

In all honesty, it looks really pretty. I can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. :h:

But can you 'geomtrerize'. Thought not🌝.
I don't have to usenit. Beardon is my dads best mate. He taught me how to count last year.
By count I mean 3rd year combinatorics ofcourse.
But can you 'geomtrerize'. Thought not🌝.
I don't have to usenit. Beardon is my dads best mate. He taught me how to count last year.
By count I mean 3rd year combinatorics ofcourse.

He is your dad's best mate? Lol, my parents have like zero connection to academia.

I thought Beardon is not doing so well? One of my Maths teachers worked with him in Cambridge, he told me that Beardon is not doing so well right now.
He is your dad's best mate? Lol, my parents have like zero connection to academia.

I thought Beardon is not doing so well? One of my Maths teachers worked with him in Cambridge, he told me that Beardon is not doing so well right now.

Erm. I was joking.
Erm. I was joking.

If you say so m8. I caught you lying about knowing an academic royalty.

jk, btw when are you doing V&M? I am already done with first 5 questions from the example sheet; couldn't finish two of them, gonna ask during my 'fake' supervision with my maths teacher.
True I will never do that, only if I get into Camvridge will I ever do that.
Atleast I know it wasn't lack of 'talent' for not getting in and was just my laziness for not learning 5 maths modules until june/may.
I hope you fail your gcse's lol.

prsom
If you say so m8. I caught you lying about knowing an academic royalty.

jk, btw when are you doing V&M? I am already done with first 5 questions from the example sheet; couldn't finish two of them, gonna ask during my 'fake' supervision with my maths teacher.

Well i think i know a decent amount already like that cayley hamilton **** etc. I will probably start something in a few days time. What are the last two? Send us the link.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well i think i know a decent amount already like that cayley hamilton **** etc. I will probably start something in a few days time. What are the last two? Send us the link.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are talking in plural about yourself, lol.

https://dec41.user.srcf.net/notes/IA_M/vectors_and_matrices_eg.pdf - the first questions are actually very easy. I thought they would be way more difficult, but seem easier than STEP questions.

I did everything except last part of question 4 (I think I have made a mistake previously or I just couldn't get through the algebra) and question 5 (took the hint from Gregorius and had an attempt through it then got up to showing that sinxsechy=2\sin x sech y = 2 has infinite solutions, where z=x+iyz = x + iy and I just gave up). I was probably very close to answering both of them, but I am getting a 'supervision' in a few days so will be fine.

Lol, you already know Cayley-Hamilton's theorem? How much have you dabbled in V&M already lol, that is like way into matrices and I only just began the vectors chapter (finished complex numbers yesterday, today did example sheets on it and now starting vectors, will probably finish in two hours and just chill/relax with TV series/vidya games)
(edited 7 years ago)

https://dec41.user.srcf.net/notes/IA_M/vectors_and_matrices_eg.pdf - the first questions are actually very easy. I thought they would be way more difficult, but seem easier than STEP questions.

I did everything except last part of question 4 (I think I have made a mistake previously or I just couldn't get through the algebra) and question 5 (took the hint from Gregorius and had an attempt through it then got up to showing that sinxsechy=2\sin x sech y = 2 has infinite solutions, where z=x+iyz = x + iy and I just gave up). I was probably very close to answering both of them, but I am getting a 'supervision' in a few days so will be fine.

Lol, you already know Cayley-Hamilton's theorem? How much have you dabbled in V&M already lol, that is like way into matrices and I only just began the vectors chapter (finished complex numbers yesterday, today did example sheets on it and now starting vectors, will probably finish in two hours and just chill/relax with TV series/vidya games)

Well, i havent go on out my way to deliberately learn IA. I just know considerable amounts of some courses with one being numbers n sets.
Will look at the example sheet later

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cayley-Hamilton is in FP2 for MEI... or am I missing sarcasm or something?
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
Cayley-Hamilton is in FP2 for MEI... or am I missing sarcasm or something?

No sarcasm, lol. The characteristic equation is also in FP3 for Edexcel, but they've literally ruined the theorem. IIRC the Cayley-Hamilton theorem is pretty rigorous to prove, and is way into the V&M course. A-levels have literally just put it there with no proof or anything, but that is how it normally is; unless the proof is 'easy' enough (not rigorous enough) for A-level.
I am not gonna spoil anything, but I have never been so shocked after an episode of GoT. I am extremely impressed with GRRM's writing, I guess I should read the books at some point.

Gonna do some more maths, and then continuing to binge watch Season 6. I can't believe how good it is. :biggrin:

I wish he'd finish the bloody books! :wink:

(The books are amazeballs.)
Original post by jneill
I wish he'd finish the bloody books! :wink:

(The books are amazeballs.)

I haven't read any of them. :hide:
Well, i havent go on out my way to deliberately learn IA. I just know considerable amounts of some courses with one being numbers n sets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I learnt N&S back when I was writing my personal statement. I wanted to include one of their books in my personal statement ("Numbers and Proofs" by Allenby) which is also the recommended book for N&S, so I had to read it before the interview, haha. I actually only managed through the set theory, and gave up since I didn't think they would ask me more than what I included in the PS (mathematical logic, truth tables and set theory).
No sarcasm, lol. The characteristic equation is also in FP3 for Edexcel, but they've literally ruined the theorem. IIRC the Cayley-Hamilton theorem is pretty rigorous to prove, and is way into the V&M course. A-levels have literally just put it there with no proof or anything, but that is how it normally is; unless the proof is 'easy' enough (not rigorous enough) for A-level.

Ahh, fair enough... yeah, we didn't have to prove it, just solve problems with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

m8, I've got some extreme headache. Haven't taken caffeine pills in a while, getting those withdrawal symptoms. I've already taken 1000mg paracetamol, do you know if I can take 500mg more or should I ask the fellow chemists? And, yes, I did google it but it only tells me about **** like don't take more than 10g or you die lol.
m8, I've got some extreme headache. Haven't taken caffeine pills in a while, getting those withdrawal symptoms. I've already taken 1000mg paracetamol, do you know if I can take 500mg more or should I ask the fellow chemists? And, yes, I did google it but it only tells me about **** like don't take more than 10g or you die lol.

Hungarian mathematician takes pills to do maths

Who is it?

Spoiler

Think it'd be advisable for you to talk to your parents or a doctor instead of a bunch of people on an internet forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending